What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2014 High in the Rockies

turbo14

Veteran
Get some bro!!

Are you going to run lights during the day ? Maybe that will save you some propane !!

No lights during the day as we have been getting awesome sun these last few days. Everything is lovin' it. Luckily the propane spot is very close to one of my properties, so refills won't be bad at all.

7-8 weeks left...

Pics to come.

turbo

turbo14

Veteran
I was curious if you had plans to put up lights for your winter run !! No point in lights right now!

I'm going to opt out of a winter run this year, I'm a ski bum. I will be on slopes 3-4 times a week:)

Will be running an auto light dep spring run. Not sure which company I'm gonna go with yet. Probably no HIDs though, defiantly contractor style lights to keep them in veg.

I got 75 lights beemed up inside to play with in the winter months.

I'll snap some pics today.

Come on sunshine!

turbo

This shit is looking good!

Love the higher altitude greenhouse grows. Don't know how the fuck you breath though. :)

Been in Denver almost a year, and I still get winded at 7k-8k feet. 10k has me almost in panic attack mode. Even my dog looks at me like, "what the fuck is this shit about?"

turbo14

Veteran
This shit is looking good!

Love the higher altitude greenhouse grows. Don't know how the fuck you breath though.

Been in Denver almost a year, and I still get winded at 7k-8k feet. 10k has me almost in panic attack mode. Even my dog looks at me like, "what the fuck is this shit about?"

It takes a little time getting adjusted, but i'm always still out of breath, lol. The plants absolutely love it, we are 9000ft. closer to the sun than many places in the US. Our light intensity is insane!

Here are some pics from today. Lookin' gravy!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

We put this lady in almost 3 weeks after the others. She is phat! Purple Urkle

picture.php

All in all, not bad at all for not planning on even doing a greenhouse season! I am fucking stoked for next year already!

turbo:tiphat:

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Do you do any pruning of lower branches and leaves prior to wrapping them with the wire? Do you ever have to worry about air flow within the plant? Or is it more important to wrap them earlier before they get too big and crazy?

turbo14

Veteran
How big are those monsters? Looks great btw.

Everything is sitting at about 6'-7' Tall and about 4'-4.5' wide with a few exceptions like the Urkle.

Do you do any pruning of lower branches and leaves prior to wrapping them with the wire? Do you ever have to worry about air flow within the plant? Or is it more important to wrap them earlier before they get too big and crazy?

On my indoor plants I always prune lower branches during flowering. On these beasts, I don't see any advantage. Some of my biggest branches are from the very bottom of the plant. I could do a little thinning and would probably if it wasn't all Cherry Pie. I'd probably take it up maaaybe a foot. Next year I am going to wrap fencing much earlier. I was planning on running trellising over the tops, but they blew up too fast, lol.

Still looking between 1-2# per plant.

Thanks for the support!

turbo

turbo14

Veteran
Got a little rain here today, look at the progress:

These pics are from July 12th.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Water, Love, and Sunshine

turbo

turbo14

Veteran
How do you like the 100s? i'm trying to decide between 100s and 150s right now , the 150s are only 6" wider...

I'm going with 200s next year.. But the 100s are doing great. 500 gallons of water for 80 plants every 2-3 days.

What size greenie do you have?

turbo

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
22 x 48 , first time out with a green house supplemental light radiant heat and auto dep so I figured 1000 sq ft would be nice , plus it fit perfectly in a spot i had for it...depending on how I like it this winter I'll do 2 30x120s this spring and use the 22x48 as a veg house

turbo14

Veteran
22 x 48 , first time out with a green house supplemental light radiant heat and auto dep so I figured 1000 sq ft would be nice , plus it fit perfectly in a spot i had for it...depending on how I like it this winter I'll do 2 30x120s this spring and use the 22x48 as a veg house

Honestly I'll probably do 100's for the spring again with a fresh batch of vermifire. Light dep that, then for the summer/fall season I will combine that soil and soil from this run and fill 200's.

This is my first time growing in greenhouses or anything bigger than a 30 gallon plant for that matter. I'm normally rockin rockwool and coco rooms.

The 30x120's sound awesome brotha, go for it!!

turbo

Latest posts

Latest posts