What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Costco carport greenhouse 2011

doublejj

Veteran
No, just reg 60w light bulbs (they were on sale)

I'm really not trying to 'grow' the plants with the lights, just interrupt their night cycle.

peace
doublejj

doublejj

Veteran
Yes:eek::

peace
doublejj
P.S. I was surprised to see them out on the shelf & not back behind the counter, so they could announce over the loud speaker that someone in the store was about to buy one, caution!

DoubleJJ, I love the fact that you are doing this with the lights. I am just using 2 larger CFLs but then i only have 3x 45 gallon pots i move into the garage at night.
I found a great digital timer at Lowes for about $25 that allows me to program several times of on and off for each day of the week. It also has 5 controled outlets and 5 constant on to choose from. I used it to turn my lights on at 8pm (when i move them in) and off at midnight. They come on again at 4am and off at 7:30am (i get them moved out between 7 and 7:30am). This has stopped the couple that were trying to flower and kept the others happy as well. I will try to get a pic of the timer loaded to my album before going under the knife Tuesday. After i get back home i hope i will have time to start my own grow diary and fill in a lot of details.

doublejj

Veteran
Good luck bro, I feel for you. Please heal quickly & get back here & post some pics. I would really love to see your set-up.

God speed my friend

peace
doublejj

doublejj

Veteran
Cages!

Cages!

I've put 5' remesh wire cages around each pot for support. It's easier to get them on now, before they get too big. The 6" squares of the remesh allow you to reach inside up to your elbow. These work very well.

peace
doublejj
P.S. Next project will be the drip system, coming soon.

Attachments

• 5-23-11 caged 003.jpg
    5-23-11 caged 003.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 18

doublejj

Veteran
Drip system

Drip system

I put a plumbing faucet into the bottom of a 10 gallon storage tub. Stacked it on top of all those blocks I won't be needing this year. Each pot has 2 drippers.

peace
doublejj
P.S. "Let Timmy Smoke"

Attachments

• 5-26-11 drip system 013.jpg
    5-26-11 drip system 013.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 5-26-11 drip system 012.jpg
    5-26-11 drip system 012.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 5-26-11 drip system 009.jpg
    5-26-11 drip system 009.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 5-26-11 drip system 007.jpg
    5-26-11 drip system 007.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 5-26-11 drip system 005.jpg
    5-26-11 drip system 005.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 5-26-11 drip system 004.jpg
    5-26-11 drip system 004.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 5-26-11 drip system 003.jpg
    5-26-11 drip system 003.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 28

doublejj

Veteran
A few of my favorites for this year

A few of my favorites for this year

White Grape:

attachment.php

Purple Power Plant x Cooked Prairie PPPxCP Nuke Meltdown:
attachment.php

OG Kush:
attachment.php

Bubba Kush:
attachment.php

Lavender:
attachment.php

Peace
doublejj

Attachments

• 5-27-11 Hodge plants 007.jpg
    5-27-11 Hodge plants 007.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 5-27-11 Hodge plants 005.jpg
    5-27-11 Hodge plants 005.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 18
  • 5-27-11 Hodge plants 004.jpg
    5-27-11 Hodge plants 004.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 5-27-11 Hodge plants 002.jpg
    5-27-11 Hodge plants 002.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 5-27-11 Hodge plants 001.jpg
    5-27-11 Hodge plants 001.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 20

Endur

Veteran
Nice Strain selection...JJ
That White Grape is going to be killer.

I think we are a couple days off...Lol.
You set up irrigation lines the other day, I'm doing mine this weekend.

I posted my strains, & pictures yesterday, you did yours today..haha

Looks like this year, is going to be interesting.
weather should be changing to optimal growing conditions.
Take Care JJ
Peace
Endur

etncrew

Stumbled on your videos from last year while doing some high you-tubing. Cool to see you here. Can't wait to see some ladder action!

Yesca73

Kool video doublejj. I like your set up. I am in the 209 area when will u be shuting off your supp lighting? was thinking of throwing my plants out today. have em on 15 1/2 daylight now. dont want em to start flowering when i throw outside. light rain and cloudy for the next few days. should help them harden off . then they be ready for the nice weather starting on tuesday(fingers crossed)also that res looks small . how is it enough to feed plant? what type of nutes u putting in thier so as not to clog emitters?

doublejj

Veteran
Yeah, I'm hoping for some better weather soon also. I'll taper the lights off at the end of June. Take 1 hr off each week after the solstice.

The res is small only 10gls. I'll have to fill it several times to give them enough. I'll only use it for nutes & I'll water by hand.

I use Maxsea fertilizer, it dissolves in water, won't clog.

Good luck

peace
doublejj

Latest posts

Latest posts