What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Myth, Legend, and Lore: Fact or Fiction?

xet

Share your Myth, Legend, and Lore about Cannabis.

Whether that is something passed onto you or something you feel is true.

Share that creative thought here. Debate others' ideas. Build on each other's ideas.

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

I have this idea about Jack and the Bean Stock.

The Bean Stock represents the Cannabis.

Jack represents the human race.

Humans can use Cannabis to terraform any location on the Earth: Antarctica, the North Pole, the Chilean desert, the Sahara -- this is our Golden Ticket to conscious expansion. NASA compared the surface of MARS to the high desert of Chile. Great! Terraform it with water we know is under the surface of MARS and grow Cannabis on every square inch possible. Mars Landrace FTW.

MARS is not the only celestial body in our solar system with earth-like qualities nor is it the only celestial body in our solar neighborhood (Alpha Centauri: ~3 light years away contains 2 earth's [earth meaning another dangerous place humans can live and die on]).

This is where the flat earth theories might surface in objection with my idea and I think earth is either concave or hollow but that all aside I do not want to go that direction in the debate - that is for a separate thread of idea. For the sake of debate let's continue with the notion of terraforming currently inhabitable areas.

The human race utilizing this plant to it's potential is capable of growing a bridge made out of living Cannabis connecting all planets and terraforming all planets we choose to terraform all throughout the network of our solar system: Jupiter's moons, Saturn's Moons, Uranus' moons and terraforming that bridge and each planet with cannabis that will carry the atmospheric and electrochemical transpiration required for humans to navigate in otherwise unnavigable territory.

The idea is then: build with masonry, then terraform, and so forth.

The other side of the idea is there is no masonry at all involved and we create a living vine that is purely "the bean stock" that connects all of the worlds and this is the only "technology" humans need to expand our civilization throughout the cosmos.

Lastly before anyone considers calling anyone crazy in this thread please first consider purchasing this item on Amazon for $6
https://www.amazon.com/Goody-Hand-Mirror-27847-Colors/dp/B001VD9R4A/ref=sr_1_6_a_it

Attachments

• jack.jpg
    jack.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 20
  • terraform-mesos-2-638.jpg
    terraform-mesos-2-638.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 51EJb+2bNPL._SL1024_.jpg
    51EJb+2bNPL._SL1024_.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 21

xet

I have heard this about any vegetable, herb, or fruit, seed:

Before planting the seed roll the seed around in your mouth.

Saliva contains a DNA footprint + enzymes that activate the seed to grow and produce the best medicinal qualities designed to heal you.

xet

This I heard about Ruderalis:

The seeds of Ruderalis can float across the ocean and colonize new land whether landing on cliff sides or mud bogs. The short life span means the plants quickly produce more seeds and rapidly accelerate across the terrain whereby the Ruderalis transforms into Sativa hybrids dominating the lowlands as they spread up the mountain become more Indica.

green404

Reminds me of a few Rastas/Fake Rastas(white guys with dreads and fake accents) I have smoked with. They would not use lighters only matches, they claimed that lighters were chemicals and evil that would take away from the spiritual experience of "Jah" in the herb.

Gry

Enjoyed reading it was the plant which has longest been associated with humanity.

Satyros

Can't remember the title, but it was a book that also covered the history of potatoes and tulips.

At the time, no one had found the "reason" for THC or resin on cannabis, not knowing its function in how it helped or protected the plant. The conclusion was that the plant produces it because people like it. Because we like it, we grow more than it would on its own. Evolutionary purpose of THC: human pleasure.

Something like that could probably never be scientifically validated--or denied.

xet

Can't remember the title, but it was a book that also covered the history of potatoes and tulips.

At the time, no one had found the "reason" for THC or resin on cannabis, not knowing its function in how it helped or protected the plant. The conclusion was that the plant produces it because people like it. Because we like it, we grow more than it would on its own. Evolutionary purpose of THC: human pleasure.

Something like that could probably never be scientifically validated--or denied.

My understanding about THC is it serves to protect the plant from the harmful rays of the sun.

The higher the altitude the less atmosphere protecting the plants and this is what drives the production of Indica at higher altitudes (among other variants: thin air, less gravity, higher UV/UB, cold temps, short season) and Sativa at lower altitude (tropical, sub-tropical climates).

To couple this idea with yours I think the original purpose of THC is for protection of the plant but then humans selectively bred to accompany their daily activities and this extracted the effects out of the plant.

Of course this does not solve the whole endocannabinoid system equation and makes the debate go deeper in another direction.

If I was on a cold mountain I would want to numb my body and if I was in Africa I want to run from lions really fast.

A little rudimentary of a description but you see my direction.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
This I heard about Ruderalis:

The seeds of Ruderalis can float across the ocean and colonize new land whether landing on cliff sides or mud bogs. The short life span means the plants quickly produce more seeds and rapidly accelerate across the terrain whereby the Ruderalis transforms into Sativa hybrids dominating the lowlands as they spread up the mountain become more Indica.

MYTH, MYTH and MYTH. Any Cannabis seed in water for 24 hours will germinate and die in water in a few days, in salt water in one day they would be dead.

Try it, go to the ocean, get a big bottle of salt water, ocean water and take it home, place a few seeds you do not care about in a glass of ocean water and see what happens, even in fresh water more then a few days is asking for problems, in ocean water no way, try a glass full I think you will agree.... By try I mean with seeds not you to drink it....LOL

-SamS

armedoldhippy

Veteran
yeah, pot probably spreads by birds eating seeds & taking a shit later passing a few undigested seeds along with a dash of fertilizer. plus, seeds with resin "might" stick to their feathers during flight. i know that is how some fish species spread out. wading birds wade through spawning beds, eggs stick to feet/legs. birds take off, then land in another body of water. fertilized eggs from last stop wash off when they land. voila! new fish in pond...

St. Phatty

I read they found cannabis pollen in meteorite sample or some other samples of space debris.

I would also conjecture, in the written history of UFO contacts, 2 ET shapes have been described - the 'gray', which are sort of like organic machines, and exist partially because they are lightweight and are engineered to withstand the ridiculous acceleration associated with UFO sightings.

And humanoid beings.

OK so my conjecture is - the humanoid beings have brains similar to ours, probably with Cannabis receptors.

So if you see a humanoid, make sure it's not LEO, and offer it some Cannabis.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I'd like to think about the possibility of those yearly summer wind storms in Sahara Africa going up into the upper atmosphere, collecting whatever soil, sand or seeds are already floating around up there, crossing the Atlantic and depositing it all in Florida and sometimes even Central/South America.

Many years ago, I remember reading that a small stand of ancient Cedars of Lebanon had been found growing on the east coast of Fla that was genetically identical to the original Cedars of Lebanon mentioned in the Bible.

The seeds were thought to have been carried over in a long ago Sahara dust storm.:tumbleweed:

insomniac_AU

Biggest myth being thrown around in the media in Australia at the moment is cannabis causes mental illness.

I don't know where they find these "experts".

I would go the other way and say certain strains of cannabis can help people with things like depression and anxiety.

Biggest myth being thrown around in the media in Australia at the moment is cannabis causes mental illness.

I don't know where they find these "experts".

I would go the other way and say certain strains of cannabis can help people with things like depression and anxiety.
It is not a myth. It can cause a Schizophrenia-type illness in susceptible individuals, especially people in their late teens or early twenties who smoked heavily from their early to mid teens. Some of these go on to develop persistent, full blown Schizophrenia. The first signs are when paranoia starts to be a dominant feeling whenever the individual consumes cannabis - time to give it up.

insomniac_AU

It is not a myth. It can cause a Schizophrenia-type illness in susceptible individuals, especially people in their late teens or early twenties who smoked heavily from their early to mid teens. Some of these go on to develop persistent, full blown Schizophrenia. The first signs are when paranoia starts to be a dominant feeling whenever the individual consumes cannabis - time to give it up.

Who's to say they wouldn't have developed it anyway? I dunno mate. I know a lot of people who have smoked their whole lives and none of them have any mental illness. I've smoked since I was 15 myself.
I agree that some people have reactions to things that others don't but this isn't specific to cannabis. I have a friend who cannot drink alcohol because he turns from the nicest guy to a violent belligerent asshole.

It annoys me that they can make a statement like that that plainly isn't true for the vast majority of people.

Latest posts

Latest posts