What's new

House and Garden refugees - where will we go..?

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
So distribution is hurting. Rumour is that H & G is moving to the USA. In the meantime, may be time to go another route, until they work it all out.

Ideas..? In COCO. Is CANNA as good...? Quality...? Quantity..?

Cheers.....

I have no issue finding house and garden line I picked up the soil ab ,drip clean, magic green, bud xl, and top booster for about $120 still have to grab the roots

C

cooterbrown420

My local hydro stores also all have plenty of H & G stuff even the silver bottle of RE

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With shipping I can get a 25lb sack of Jacks sent up here to Kanata for almost the same price as the 4L set of H&G base. I was done with them anyway.

shredGnar

I made the move to canna coco. I think they are cleaner, has far less heavy metals than h & g.

I have always just used the base nutes.

I like the results for sure. However I'm thinking about switching to veg + bloom, just for the ease of a one part powder.

stasis

Veteran
Stuff works in Coco, esp when one uses the additives, plus some C-Mag and later Mag. I can't deny the results. Canna may be as good. Advanced Conny also. But, not quite the same yield. That would be my next move Canna then AN.

I haven;t seen such results from any other line I have used, and that is quite a few. But, not all.

The thing is, why change it if it ain;t broke..? Except for distribution problems, of course.........

Cheers.

Green81

Veteran
H&g have closed their factory in Holland and setting up new production in France that why we're having to wait for things to get back on track but it should be fine to source if your in the states.

B

Baron Greenback

Canna coco a&b is good stuff. I use the pk boost too, decent results.
A few people have said it's a bit short on calcium and magnesium but there are supplements - I've never needed them though.

CoCoSativas

Canna coco a&b is good stuff. I use the pk boost too, decent results.
A few people have said it's a bit short on calcium and magnesium but there are supplements - I've never needed them though.

Yeah with my tap water I haven't had any elemental deficiency

I love canna. Used gh first then bought a nutrient designed for dope. Makes sense to me. H and g is a company targeted at the Rose market... so I took the dope growing food that's proven to have results.

I'd never use gh again or anything other than canna. It's good value why pay for fulvic acid when it comes in the canna food.

For UK people...

For UK people...

i been using HG soil nutes since i started growing.
Was gutted when i couldnt source it anymore (since october i think)

I was given a sample set of Biogreen nutes, and they seem to have done the job just fine. actually made me more aware not to be so reliant on just one nute ..

Anyways, I recently paid for some HG soil Nutes, and the shop phoned me to say they were expecting delivery in first two weeks of december.

A respected member of this community, theherbalizor also stated "...[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]According to H&G containers have been entering the UK over the last week!..."
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7253012&postcount=725

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So, fingers crossed we get our nute supply back before xmas time. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

shredGnar

Stuff works in Coco, esp when one uses the additives, plus some C-Mag and later Mag. I can't deny the results. Canna may be as good. Advanced Conny also. But, not quite the same yield. That would be my next move Canna then AN.

I haven;t seen such results from any other line I have used, and that is quite a few. But, not all.

The thing is, why change it if it ain;t broke..? Except for distribution problems, of course.........

Cheers.

I have not noticed a difference in yield. I never have between different nute brands. I believe canna burns a bit cleaner because of the low levels of heavy metals. That could just be placebo effect, though.

I have always had more problems than benefits when using all the additives. I've never needed to add Cal or mag with any nutes, even though I have very soft water.

A + B at around 7.5 ml/g. 1.2 ec and pH is always around 5.9. Don't even need to adjust.

Genes

As far as putting confidence in tried and true results without comrpomise in quality, my next choice would be Canna. Its less products in the line, and would be a very easy swap in the programs - coming from H+G that is. Expect to pay a little more than you are currently.

As far as the GH mention - well, after what I learned yesterday I will probably cease my recommendations towards that company, soley on a personal ethical beleifs choice.

I was speaking to someone yesterday about this, and they turned me onto looking into innovating plant products. They said they were given a full sample of the line to play with at a local shop, and are doing a side by side with GH (their preferred and tried/true program). They say that aside from the price being better for the new line (which they said comes from BC, and I have a little faith in that area so that bodes well), they say it is actually hands down beating the GH in every department in their system thus far. Proof will be in the pudding as they say. They are interested in testing the winner against the stores house line too, something that interests me as a salt switch is in future plans.

On the flipside - I recommend to everyone to take it upon themselves to learn a little basic salt chemistry in regards to plant nutrients. I will admit - I am a bit overwhelmed - but already very excited! Not only to save money, but everyone who is worth their weight in gold is using them.

Isnt that weird? When I ask what they do, or do differently -T
thats their secret. ''So fucking cheap and simple it would shock you''. I myself feel the price of nutrients is a small part of the grow and you should use whatever gets you the results you desire, than figure out how to not spend too much elsewhere or in that department. To truly see product for pennies with quality that honestly surpasses some of the most savy commercial nute users is satisfying and makes me a little upset with myself.

stasis

Veteran
Until ya try it, it is not really clear. There are Nute Brands, and there are Elite Brands.

H & G in coco made my Triple Diesel POP, so I continue with it. It's been over 2 years now. Last run, I did a head-to-head with Age Old Nutrients (organic) in Fox Farm/Black gold organic soil. The H & G yielded more, took 5 days longer, and is tastier..! Smoother too. It doesn;t make sense I know..

I used to employ GH, here in Aeroponic "spaceships," and in NorCal, indoors and out. Gave that up. And now with the purchase of GH by Scott's (Miracle Gro, etc.) not gonna buy it. Although, I DO supplement with GH Cali-Magic 'cause it has no additional N to speak of. I found it to be best for me, among Cal Mags.

A grower in a Hydro Shop I was managing for a couple years was one of the few who were 'clued in, Big Time' in this area where top growers are rare.. I asked him what his secret was - His reply "Three words, House and Garden." I paid attention.

Got the whole line, tried it, learned how to use it right, with all the idiosyncracies of the brand - and all my questions were answered. I have been told that HEAVY 16 also is up there with CANNA, H & G, and perhaps AN (it has worked well for Me in the past (Connoisseur).

I don;t mind making the switch to CANNA, if distribution of H & G gets more difficult in the short-term. Maybe next run. If it is better, easier, cheaper - I'll stick with it.

Cheers, ICGeniuses...!!

Last edited:

stasis

Veteran
Well, picked up all the pieces for another full grow and a little more, of H & G. Good prices too.

Going with MOAB as my Final PK Boost, instead of Top Shooter. And finishing out the Age Old Kelp, in exchange for Algen Extract,
But, everything else is as recommended. I DO add a couple other things as well. Compost Tea for one. Cal mag.... Others.

Anyways, did not need to make a change in total. I got 20 Liters bottles A and B. And 5 liters of the additives except for RE, Drip Clean, and Aminos in Liters.

CoCoSativas

Well, picked up all the pieces for another full grow and a little more, of H & G. Good prices too.

Going with MOAB as my Final PK Boost, instead of Top Shooter. And finishing out the Age Old Kelp, in exchange for Algen Extract,
But, everything else is as recommended. I DO add a couple other things as well. Compost Tea for one. Cal mag.... Others.

Anyways, did not need to make a change in total. I got 20 Liters bottles A and B. And 5 liters of the additives except for RE, Drip Clean, and Aminos in Liters.

Buying the 20s of canna or hg both are a kick ass deal.

I wonder what a Comercial size set would cost

stasis

Veteran
No doubt, the per liter price in the 20 + 20 liter containers of A and B come out very low. Additives as well in the 5 liter size aren't too bad.
Especially, with a nice discount off MSRP at the counter.
Can't get huge containers of any brand kelp, Roots Exc, or Amino Treatment, as they would spoil. Nor are they even offered. They already smell like a*s enough, haha.
But, even though costly *and stinky*, they really kick butt.

WT> I'm merely a Registered Non-Conformist, not the Head Honcho. I do my best. And We're all Bozo's on this bus. --- smiling.

I understand your POV Waxy. Something to be said for simplicity, and thrift. It is obvious that most of those bottles are filled with Mostly Water...!

That's quite a statement about Heavy 16 and H & G. Do elaborate, if you wish.
As the odd 'Murkan - I appreciate Healthy Debate over anything else, so Good On Ya..! That is why Travel is the greatest gift one can give oneself.

I'm not often surprised anymore.. haha. Thanks..!

I've run all sorts of situations, including supersoil, with almost no augmentation - to aeroponic with the 3 part GH, etc. And most methods in between.

Haven't tried TechnaFlora, and some of the newer brands like CYCO or even Heavy, but I am amazed at what H & G can do, with Coco, the correct enviornment and water usage.

If I ever get back to the land and can do a summer thing, I will go back to the supersoil, or at least bagged organics with something like Age Old Nutrients.
But, for now, I am not seeing others' buds match up. Local Hydro shop owners and dispos haven't seen such trich coverage commonly if ever. According to their words.
And the concentrates are lovely.

There are several ways to do this thang. No worries... Keep on Keepin' On....!!!!

Anyone got pics of buds grown in COCO with CANNA..? Just curious. I will probably make the switch next time I need to buy nutes (in 6 months to a year).

Last edited:

stasis

Veteran
Going with MOAB as my final PK boost on the next run, which is at day 36 now.. H and G works well with Top Shooter, but adds a few days, and there is a good amount of 'ugliness' (foxtailing) that sometimes does not bulk up, even tho the buds certainly do. .

I don't care that much about that, but this time, I'm going with something many say works well and is MUCH less expensive.

Foxtails -

H and G's Shooting Powder is a massive PITA, I stopped with that after one run. The liquid Top Shooter is much easier than the powder to work with.

MOAB is less than 1/3 the price of either.

Using Fox Farm's Soluble Cha Ching as the final PK boost, worked on the Gorilla Glue, previously - not so much on the 3D (more sativa), although not bad.
Again a huge savings over Top Shooter, but I liked the results better with the H & G product as the final PK boost.

Either MOAB works as well, or close. Or I go back to the H and G Shooters.

HyeFarm559

There's a Lotta talk goin on about H&G, Some rumors, some true. Knowing one of the reps, and one of my good friends being a garden shop owner, I've soaked up a decent amount of knowledge and info.

#1) im not sure where some of U guys are at, saying you can't get any products, but here in Cali, it wasn't the end of the world or to the piont of having to switch. I haven't seen any bare shelves of H&G. Yes, they were limited and spotty on a few of their products at times, but things still came in little by little.

#2) they are moving from their current location to Northern Cali. And will be working closer together with Humboldt Wholesale now. During this transition of the move, (which is at currently at the end stages) they stopped working and they weren't making any products, which explains products being stretched thin across locations. It sounds like they shut old one down, and then made the move. Now, why didn't they just continue to make products during the move/ transition, and then close down/stop making products in Holland once their new Cali location was finished , I have no idea?! That way is what seems most ideal and economical to me, that way they would have been releasing normal quantities, preventing the shortage. But I think they didn't have a choice/option to stay open longer with the situation they were in.

#3) I've been told that they should be open and running in Cali anyday. Which means supply should go up soon, and whoever of U guys that can't get it, should be able to get it relatively soon.

#4) possible concerns.... (of mine) that you all should be aware of:
I'm not sure how many of you guys are familiar with california , but by far, we have the most regulations and restrictions(with general subjects and definitely with nutrients & chemicals), more than anywhere else. With that being said, im not sure how H&G products will end up turning out, and they may end up being different. Due to the strict regulations, they may have to reformulate some of their products. Take away some and substitute with something different. I'm not sure if that's going to end up happening, but there's a very good possibility it can happen. And if it did, it would most likely be behind closed doors, without us knowing.
I also think that there is the possibility that they may have to relabel their bottles. Their labels are pretty bare and scarce, (which is one thing I don't like about them) and with California having tight regulations they may be required to supply their products with more information.

#4) I've already heard the grow shop owner tell me customers are already complaining about the inconsistency of their products. One guy getting some MultiZen, and it looking different, leading him to test it and find its a totally diff ppm rate. And others saying root Exel isn't the same/working the same.

One thing I hate, is how long it takes to mix up a feeding using H&G. I've been contemplating on making the switch before the move was mentioned, and now I'm more inclined to doing so, Bcuz in my eyes, things don't look too promising, and looks like it's going to be a rough and bumpy Road with H&G this next year. I could be wrong... But those R my thoughts!

I still may end up using their few products that seem to surpass a lot of the other companies out there, such as; magic green, root exel and shooting powder.

As far as what my switch will be?? It will Prob be to CANNA and the new line of Remo Nutrients.

-HyeFarm ✌️

HyeFarm559

�� full power for $20 a gal???!?!!? How is that?! (I use it in every foliar). Last I checked a gal was $40 with my 30% off.

FF Beastie Bloomz is also just like MOAB + U get micros.

Using H&G, I do a seperate feed of beastie bloom 1 week before and 1 week after 12/12, along with NEctar- Bloom Khaos a few times a week. I've never seen so many buds stack up before!
Sometimes a little AN bud ignitor too, but I don't think it does too much.

As for price on nutes, yes it's a rip off, each and every one.
Check this out, GH humic acid is $40/gal. I can get the same thing, (mayb even slightly better quality) a 5 gal bucket of ActaGro-Humic acid for $10/gal.
Ridiculous !

Latest posts

Latest posts