What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

An interesting idea for the Future of smoking cannabis.

TexanTerps

I was thinking today about the direction of cannabis and technology.

Whenever the tech catches up and becomes more affordable I think a good way to enjoy cannabis would be to break the plant down into all its constituents and then allow the user to formulate their own blend.

You would start with nice smooth smoking herb grown just for a base.
Then the customer selects their preferred cannabinoids and concentrations.
Then you select for taste and synergy with terpenes.
That gets blended along with any other desirable additives (flavor/moisture) into a smoking/vaping blend.

You could order:
Indica base
Limonene @ _%
Blueberry terp blend @_%
THCA@20%
THCV@1%
CBD@5%
CBG@@%
11%moisture
Prerolled .7g hemp cone

That would be pretty neat!
Above is simply an example off my head...

I'd be curious to hear your inputs!:headbange

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I think this will always be less diverse then smoking buds.
Maybe if u want to sell some standardised smoke experience like big tobaco? Alway was wondering if with the legalisation and big business some kind of weed recon will pop up.

St. Phatty

people's love affair with technology may be slowing down.

i've been finding natural joint shapes in the forest. the skin of the madrone tree, rolled up like a joint.

fill that up with Cannabis.

would be an interesting Party Smoke, but probably the skin isn't thin enough.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Why not just roll a nice J and enjoy it with your friend(s)...

Why make shit complicated?

i guess I subscribe to the K.I.S.S. method...

Smoking a fat one (to me) was never strictly about getting as fucked up as you can...

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
like chilliwilli said, where's the diversity?

i think... i believe... (no proof, sorry) the lack of trace cannabinoids and trace terps will provide a much flatter experience.

i don't like the idea of big business packaging up a ho-hum cannabis experience... i think the gubment will still want to heavily regulate my RIGHT to CULTIVATE as MUCH cannabis as i damn well please

:)

fuck that noise

TexanTerps

Definitely valid points guys!
By no means am I saying I wish it to be this way... Just thinking of the possibilities when cannabis becomes legalized and treated more as a commodity.
Just like how you can go to fast food places and have a burger, there is a totally different and better level which can be attained at home. That is how I see growing my own and enjoying high quality smoke.
This is just an exploration of ideas.

I totally agree with all of you, except maybe smoking the madrone tree bark lol! But hey as a youngster I rolled many a odd leaf and herb. Likely poisioned myself.
BudGreen, no this isnt about getting fucked up... I was looking more along the lines of smoking for flavors sake. Terp profiles which dont occur naturally (yet :) )

Like I said it was just a brainstorm. I do see they are already making THC/CBD additives almost like a sweetener.

Maybe I can come back here in 10 years and sue the pants off big pharma for stealing my idea! yeah right.

Love the forum, ive been a lurker for 15 years just now have I decided to sign up and share my ideas and knowledge. I am a certified crop advisor, just not too many of you grow cotton.

X

xavier7995

To some extent this exists. Been a while since I tried one, but there are little single serving type vape pens the size of a cig that i think are just distillate with added flavors (5-10 different variations). They tasted nice and where convenient, but it was a pretty flat high. Weed gadgets and gimmicks are great and the only reason I can see to visit a dispensary.

Maybe someday I will be brave enough to give the suppositories a whirl. Yuk yuk yuk indeed.

X

xavier7995

I wish I still had the pic of the ad, a buddy was out visiting and we were scoping out deals on cannasaver and...well they had weed for your butt. Laughs all around.

I believe its actually for people trying to treat colon cancer, but man it made me laugh.

mr.brunch

Veteran

Smoking a fat one (to me) was never strictly about getting as fucked up as you can...

:respect:
Amen

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Haven't done that in years and don't expect to start again anytime soon. From my health standpoint, individual pipes, socially distanced.