What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dipping my toes into solar powered, recirculating, vertical hydro

What's up ladies and gents?

This summer I decided to give a shot at something I've always wanted to try out- some outdoor hydro, powered by the sun!

It's a little late in the season to start, but better late than never, right?

It's still a work in progress, but it's functional so far anyway.

For the first few weeks, I didn't have any return lines, so it didn't circulate, and thus, they were fed very sparingly, so as not to dump nutes to the ground below.

Well, I finally remembered I had some corrugated drain pipe laying around, so I split it down the middle, and made a drain trough back to the rez bucket.

That worked as a bandaid, but drips bouncing out of the trough still emptied the temporary 5 gallon bucket rez in about a day and a half. So now, I've attached 1/4" drainage lines down to the trough to eliminate bounce out.

Some things that still need done are a larger, more permanent rez, wrapping Reflectix around the bottles, and whatever else needs it, and getting 1" hose and fittings for the permanent return lines. Oh, and setting up another 10 bottle sites below the current ones, for 20 sites total. There are 20 feed lines currently, which is about the max for this solar panel, pump, and height of the bottles.

Anyway, here's some pics for your viewing pleasure... If you have any questions, or whatever, shoot!

picture.php

picture.php

Attachments

• IMG_20200729_100705.jpg
    IMG_20200729_100705.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20200729_100746.jpg
    IMG_20200729_100746.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 26
By the way, strains currently outside include Bodhi's Dread Bread, Schwaggy P's Skunky VA, Bodhi's Sky Lotus, and Bad Dawg's Star Dragon.

Skunky VA and Sky Lotus are in bottles on the fence, and Dread Bread and Star Dragon are in 2 gallon pots of dirt. It'll be their first time outdoors for all of them, to see how they do.