What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma Genetics Strain Info, Listings, And all........

Bmac1

Veteran
New run of Sour D bx2 getting ready for launch.

20211229_125127.jpg

Stizo

Veteran
Karma G Karma, I just got a pack of White OG. It came in a box and just had White OG on it. Do you think that would be the version one as I remember getting a pack of White OG before and seem to remember it had White V2.0 on. Do you think I have a pack of the first version? Am pretty happy either way. Was just hoping to find same type phenos that I got with the version 2. Also did you lose parents for the version one or you decided to a further selection for the version two? Cheers dude. Happy new year man.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Karma G Karma, I just got a pack of White OG. It came in a box and just had White OG on it. Do you think that would be the version one as I remember getting a pack of White OG before and seem to remember it had White V2.0 on. Do you think I have a pack of the first version? Am pretty happy either way. Was just hoping to find same type phenos that I got with the version 2. Also did you lose parents for the version one or you decided to a further selection for the version two? Cheers dude. Happy new year man.

100% v2

the v1 is pre 2010 and only 150 to 200 packs at the time.

yes male was lost in a bust.

ps anything in a box is atleast 5 years ago it was packed. I dont use boxes last 5 years.

Stizo

Veteran
100% v2

the v1 is pre 2010 and only 150 to 200 packs at the time.

yes male was lost in a bust.

ps anything in a box is at least 5 years ago it was packed. I dont use boxes last 5 years.

Cheers bro. Thanks for the info. I've been looking for a pack of these for ages. I missed that brown sugar/gas hash flavour. Made me feel like I was getting hugged by a polar bear.. Love it. Have a bless 2022.

kro-magnon

Veteran
This year should be a great one, I'm waiting for my Acid Dawg seeds to become seedlings, there was 14 seeds in the pack, 12 had a tap root in 36 hours, I hope to have many plants to play with. Wish me luck. I'll give some updates on this grow progress.

kro-magnon

Veteran
So far so good with the Acid Dawg seeds, 11 came out and with a bit more time I'm sure some more will pop as well. I had a Mango Lassi freebee with the AD pack as well but so far she doesn't show sign of life, I hope she will wake up because I'm pretty curious to see what this cross has to offer. But the main star of the next grow is Acid Dawg of course, I hope the buds will be on the same quality level as Headbanger.

kro-magnon

Veteran
This is the final numbers with Acid Dawg seedlings, 12 out of 14 seeds popped out of soil but only 10 made it to viable seedlings because I broke 2 when I tried to remove the shell of the seeds from the cotyledons. It's an excellent germ rate and the loss are my own fault, how do you guys manage to free the seeds off their shell when they don't fully open on their own out of soil? It's happening more and more often to me that seeds popped out of soil with the shell still strongly attached to the cotyledons and I've lost many viable seedlings because of that over the years.
The 10 Acid Dawg seedlings are vegging now, I'll upload pics when there is something to look at.

Stizo

Veteran
This is the final numbers with Acid Dawg seedlings, 12 out of 14 seeds popped out of soil but only 10 made it to viable seedlings because I broke 2 when I tried to remove the shell of the seeds from the cotyledons. It's an excellent germ rate and the loss are my own fault, how do you guys manage to free the seeds off their shell when they don't fully open on their own out of soil? It's happening more and more often to me that seeds popped out of soil with the shell still strongly attached to the cotyledons and I've lost many viable seedlings because of that over the years.
The 10 Acid Dawg seedlings are vegging now, I'll upload pics when there is something to look at.

Just leave the seedlings with shells attached. If they were meant to pop, they will do eventually. If they don't they're not up to the task. Because seeds are expensive, growers try and nurse weak seedlings. Breeders grow greater numbers and cull any seedling plants that don't start well or are runts. So that future generations of seeds will have less chance of having passed on weak traits like poor early growth or bad rates of germination. Apologies if I'm stating the obvious and you knew that already.

Stizo

Veteran
There are trustworthy vendors out there, but i guess you need one in the UK, right?

This is an issue. At the end of last year, I bought a pack of regular White OG v2 from the Manchester seed bank. I was very pleased because everywhere else had sold out and Karma said they weren't a priority to remake which was a shame because they are imo one of the best OG varieties out there. Anyway, I popped them but the tap roots of the seedlings died in an unexpected cold snap over night so I tried to re-order because they still had them listed as in stock but they sent me the s1 version because they'd run out of the regs. I didn't want to grow s1s made by someone else. I want the fucking originals so I'm pretty annoyed that I've paid money for s1s as opposed to regs. I'm not a rich person. It means I won't get the variety from the regs and I won't get a male or be able to preserve the line especially as it looks like there is little appetite for them to be continued. I can't knock the seedbank for trying to do right and sending me something but I'm pissed I've got s1s as opposed to the regs. I can't even be bothered to contact the seedbank again as they took ages to get to me also.
I'm pretty sure a lot of these seed banks are growers who get a little bit of money up, buy seeds in bulk and then run a business online that they don't have the time or resources to update properly. I'm only getting seeds from drops that the breeder details now because hunting for older varieties is too much of a headache and disappointment. Anyway, that's my little moan over.

Alpenglow

Yeah that sucks!
I dont like those shops that list everything and let you add it to the basket.
I havent seen The White as regular around for a while now, best advice would be to check Karmas Shop (and maybe instagram) or find somebody that can help you with some F2 Stizo

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran

What you need to do is mist the stubborn seed shells that won’t release… Keep them moist and then gently pry apart with toothpicks or a needle ,you also have to remove that sticky afterbirth thing that holds the tiny Cotyledon leaves together

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
When planted straight to the medium, it could help if maybe planted a litle deeper, i do 1,5 cm deep, also press the top a litle.

still it will happen somtimes the seed maybe needs to be removed by hand. Thats always a bit of a surgery type thing, and me to have killed seedling at that stage.

when anyone every has a serius problem always contact me. When seeds left my hands less then 2 years ago i always replace if germ problems. But also when much older hit me up, i replace almost always as i want people to get what they payed for, somtimes its not posibel anymore to replace the same seeds.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Stizo I don't think the quality of the seedlings is related to the shell staying attached, I'll always try to free a seed from its shell if it doesn't happen naturally after 1/2 days. I've never had weak plants after doing that with success. I cull plants when it's obvious they are weak or horrible mutants but the shell problem is different from that in my opinion.
Flower Power Yep the little thing who keep the cotyledons together is the tricky thing to remove by hand, it's when I tried to remove that stuff that I broke the seedlings. I'll try more humidity and tooth pick next time it happens, thanks for the tip.
@KarmaG I'll try to put the seeds deeper in the medium, usually I put seeds between 0,5 and 1cm deep in soil and keep it loose on top, I've never press the soil over a seed by fear it it doesn't pop. Your seeds are excellent quality as your genetics.

Latest posts

Latest posts