What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st run Organic BS

0verkil13r

Figures... I've experienced so much on this run... but, it's all a learning experience right? Hopefully I can tweak it for a better run next year. I'd love to run G outdoors again. Such a delicious lemon-pine smell... mmm...

I started the chop but, only snapped 1 pic.

That branch is @ 6ft... should've got a few ounces of it. Next year she'll sit in a better spot for greater yield.

The buds are pretty light & airy on most of the plants so, I don't expect a lot of weight. Luckily, I like to eat and have found some pretty great sounding recipes. Looks like the weight will go on me.

Thanks stihg I appreciate all the help.

0verkil13r

i wish i could offer some assistance but am kinda stumped unless you have some bugs in your roots

dont think light intensity should be that bad just make for less growth

maybe neem seed meal would help? DE/silicon too if it's bug-related; lavender FPE is good for bugs eating the leaves (foliar spray) use it weak cause it's pretty strong stuff BUT i dont see where you have that kind of issue specifically

was just discussing w/ a guy who was really opposed to ISO or BHO extraction - total bubble hash advocate. saw a thread today where someone is using gravity/ forzen fresh canna in ice water stir, sit, strain then let settle and siphon out the water until you can let the remnant dry on some cardboard

i never tried any of that but thought that sounded like a nice no cost method

I'll check the roots tomorrow. Haven't chopped everything yet. It would be good to salvage something from these that's presentable.

As far light is concerned, they had full sun exposure all day well into September. It's when the buds started forming that I feel they were cast in shadow. Wouldn't that account for light-airy flowers?

I mixed DE in the soil in lieu of perlite to prevent bugs. Will look into neem seed meal for the next time.

Thanks for the link and great advice.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah, if those are thick shadows it would account for not thickening up

there's just more than that going on though

0verkil13r

They're pretty thick. They must be starving to death by now. I stopped feeding them regularly back in October thinking they were close to finish. The most I give them now is a light ACT every few weeks. Maybe I killed off all my micro-life.

lol... no light + no food = dead plants <--dumbass

Just showed the noob in me.:dunno:
bashhead.gif

At least I know now that those 2 strains will go 16 weeks (maybe more). Too bad I can't move them... the roots have grown into the ground.

I'll check their roots in the daytime for bugs. Though it is doubtful there will be any after this cold snap.

It's amazing that these plants are still around after everything they've been through... truly resilient.

On to other things.

Could excessive transpiration cause this?

I've turned the fan off. Next, I will look into the nutes if they don't uncurl.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
try leaving em in the ground unless you need to chop the whole plant down. just harvest the buds and see if the plants grow back next year.

0verkil13r

Well, the ladies survived 28 degrees. So, I'll try to keep them going. Do you think feeding them at this point could pack on some weight?

I looked at the roots and didn't see anything other than normal die-back at the edges of the fabric. No bugs visible to the naked eye without prodding too far into the root structure.

How far can I cut into them? The reason I ask is because I have other plants that completely die-off above ground in winter and come back stronger in the spring.

0verkil13r

So their last regular feeding was with Plant-tone on Oct 7. I followed the directions on the bag for potted plants and top dressed.

Since they weren't ready on the weekend before halloween, they got the following ACT scaled up

3TBS compost (2.38%)
1/2 gallon water
2.8tsp molasses (0.75%)
1/4tsp fish Hydrolysate (0.063%) (optional)
1tsp kelp meal (0.25%) (optional)
rock phosphate 1/4 tsp (0.063%)ic (optional)

Bubbled @ least 18 hours until nice n frothy. 5gal to each 200gal and 1gal to each 10gal. on Oct 22 & Nov 3.

The bag of Plant-tone says repeat monthly. Should I do this? Make more tea? Or, would this be a waste?

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
have you read this thread? it is written for growing in general so may have some confusing info contrasted w organic "rules" but is a good trouble shooter for issues like nut imbalance/lockout; temp issues etc

overwatering coupled w cold temps could explain some of your issues but i have also noticed bizzare unexplained "symptoms" when people use packaged complete ferts coupled w organic methods -even though it's a frequent "solution" recommended

you may try filling out the "form" and amking a post in the infirmary -def keep your indoor and outdoor separate if you want to address both make 2 threads

i use straight compost tea similar to the above recipe but minus fish/kelp/phosphate -so, handful of compost, handful of EWC, TBS molasses to about 3-5 gallons bubbled for 2 days pretty regular ;that's in my vegetable garden but its hard to overdo compost tea esp if you dilute it

0verkil13r

Been away for a bit. The girls are still up (most of them). Although, I have trimmed them up. Mostly lower branches, dead tissue and what you guys call larf (still not sure what that means). I felt they were sucking the life out of my ladies.

They got another feeding a few days ago. We'll see how the next few days pan out. Gotta run.

Btw, Thanks xmobotx I do frequent that thread quite often. K+ (guess I gotta spread some rep 1st)

I'll be back when I have more time and pics.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts