What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

«~Chocolate Recipes~»

Sleeper7784

As a personal grower, I am always sitting on trim and looking for some way to process it.

I'm a little burned out on butter.

If anyone has any legitimate recipes and knows the process to create quality chocolate desserts, candys bars, or truffles please share them.

I'm really interested in creating something similar to the KIVA bars.

Thank you IC.

Stay fresh, keep it Green and Clean.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Great idea!

Chocolate recipes!

Let's get some... I'll be back to post some soon...

Meanwhile it's summertime, how can we medicate s'mores?

Sleeper7784

Great idea!

Chocolate recipes!

Let's get some... I'll be back to post some soon...

Meanwhile it's summertime, how can we medicate s'mores?

Thanks for the support Payaso. I to will do some research and see what I can come up with.

I know there's some ic mag chef's out there that know what's up.

Thanks for the support Payaso. I to will do some research and see what I can come up with.

I know there's some ic mag chef's out there that know what's up.

My last GF is the Executive Chef of a trendy wine bar in Oakland. She's offered to help me with some edible recipes.

For smores, how about replacing the Hershey's chocolate bar (gross) with something that will melt better with the marshmallow, like home-made fudge-style frosting :biggrin:

Ingredients
1 stick butter or margarine - Cannabutter of course
3 tablespoons cocoa
1/3 cup milk
1 box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions
In a saucepan, combine butter, cocoa, and milk; bring to a boil. Add sugar and vanilla; beat well until smooth.

Note: If frosting becomes too stiff, add 1 drop of water at a time to desired consistency. (this recipe from the intertubes, I love to borrow and modify).

I've also been using Nutella on smores recently, instead of normal chocolate. Mmmm.

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
You gotta try baking a flourless chocolate torte ,

It's' ridiculous. Plus, your gluten-free friends will love you.

Just what I was looking for,
A gluten free chocolate cake recipe:bump:

iCMAG is a wealth of information.
Thanks for sharing

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
Made the cake,
Turned out more like a cookie.

2 days later.....
Still high ( including yesterday at work)
Please don't tell the boss. Lol

Donn

I've made a couple feeble attempts at some kind of chocolate confection, always tastes fine but melts inconveniently easily. I've read a little about "tempering" chocolate, which seems like the key here, but obviously haven't mastered it. On the bright side, even if I have to keep them in the freezer, they're tasty and they digest quickly and thoroughly.

Cardamom tastes good in this combination. Just chocolate, flower and a little cardamom.

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
tagged?

i think the only way, so far, that i can be accused of breaking any ICMAG terms and conditions would be.......

hmmmmm,

overuse of 'quotation marks'!

JointOperation

chocolate .. bho.... very simple..

if ur going to add cocoa powder or anything else to the mix AT ALL.. remember to weigh it.. so you can figure out the MG.. and if your shit isn't lab tested for potency.. u cant say they are 100MG of THC.. but u could say. 100MG of BHO.

usually for decent strength u want atleast 100mg of bho.

and a hint.. white chocolate don't go above 115F.. dark or reg milk chocolate don't go above 120F.. also.. use a freezer bag to squeeze into molds.. so if it starts to harden. you can just hold 1 side of the freezer bag and dunk the chocolate into a hot water bath.. . hold the side that has the hole u cut to squeeze the chocolate out of.. don't want water in your chocolate..

and hint.. lol. do a dry run .. a tiny run. 1 or 2 chocolates.. or every single mold that's different. unless u do all 1 kind of chocolate mold.. then do 1 chocolate.. weigh it out.. so you know how much chocolate you need.. so you can figure out how much oil to put in..

use bho.. even if its old ass material run bho... unless you have access to CO2 extractions.. or vapor distillation .. as these all taste great in chocolate..

even if your running bho material a second time for edibles.. it tastes better then an alcohol extract.. u don't want a green oil u don't want chlorophyll as I find that makes it taste like shit.

the best tasting chocolates ive made were from bho

second run bho only if u got bad yields on good material or u leave shit behind on purpose like I do ..

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
18 grams of BHO decarbed for 30 mins., 3-12oz. bags of candy melts, Mix BHO thoroughly with chocolate in a double boiler. Spoon into 15ml molds. Makes 62 devastating chocolates.

Usually 1 is more than most people can handle. That was with my old recipe . This new one that I just posted is a little stronger, so I'm expecting even crazier stories about what happens after somebody eats one.

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
I've made a couple feeble attempts at some kind of chocolate confection, always tastes fine but melts inconveniently easily. I've read a little about "tempering" chocolate, which seems like the key here, but obviously haven't mastered it.

'tempering' chocolate is pretty advanced and people study for years to master the technique. the key is to get a digital cooks thermometer.
the chocolate has to be brought up to an EXACT temperature in a double boiler and then the bowl dropped immediately into another ice bath to drop the temp back down again.
there is a science to the alignment of the molecules. this technique is the key to getting the glossy chocolate and that it does not melt when it sits outside the fridge.

check on youtube for 'tempering chocolate' videos to get the exact technique and temperatures. your chocolates will fly off the shelves of your dispensary without having to keep them in the fridge.
good luck and practice makes perfect:)

Heusinomics

Usually 1 is more than most people can handle. That was with my old recipe . This new one that I just posted is a little stronger, so I'm expecting even crazier stories about what happens after somebody eats one.

:laughing:
Wile I do think that us too funny!
I do rec a very serious warning to those who u share bonus chocks to.
I don't want to get into the "craziness" debate here..
But there have been some crazy things happening here in CO with n I use the term loosely "potent edibles"!

Thanx for posting to all,
Im looking forward to more "sweet" recipes!
;D

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
:laughing:
Wile I do think that us too funny!
I do rec a very serious warning to those who u share bonus chocks to.
I don't want to get into the "craziness" debate here..
But there have been some crazy things happening here in CO with n I use the term loosely "potent edibles"!

Thanx for posting to all,
Im looking forward to more "sweet" recipes!
;D

The crazy shit happening in CO on edibles is the result of high volume of use and the media blowing things out of proportion. The instances where people are blaming edibles for killing others or doing retarded shit in general, is because those people weren't right in the head to begin with.

Then because of the media loving to blow shit way out of proportion, they blame it on the new legal substance. What the media doesn't report is that the 1000's that eat edibles and can't handle it, get super body buzzed out, puke and then take a long nap.

I don't care how many people go to the hospital because they think they are od'ing on edibles. They eventually come down, and leave without any major incidence. I can guarantee the stats in CO for overdoses on opiates, don't have anywhere near the positive outcomes or non-deaths, but yet the media doesn't report on that. Then if they do, it doesn't get anywhere near the same coverage as some teenager who eats to much chocolate.

Not trying to start a pissing war Heusinomics, just had to get that off my chest. As I have had strong feelings about the non-danger cannabis poses since I was a young teen.

Donn

check on youtube for 'tempering chocolate' videos to get the exact technique and temperatures. your chocolates will fly off the shelves of your dispensary without having to keep them in the fridge.

Thanks for the tips - I don't have a dispensary to worry about, but it has occurred to me that someday I might wish for something that didn't have to stay in the freezer. Digital thermometer sounds like a nice thing to have around. I guess it also may help that I'd be working with pretty small volumes, so I don't have to figure out how to cool off 8 lbs of melted chocolate in 3 seconds.

Personally, a unit chocolate with a strong dose in it makes no sense at all to me. I've been shooting for more like 3 mg, and the lady of the house reports that even this is sufficient for her purposes. If you want 10 mg, eat 3 or 4. If you want more, do the arithmetic. It isn't like your teeth are going to wear out if you have to eat a dozen, they're small.

A dose that's way too much is very, very unpleasant, and that's not what it's about, so I'd like to avoid that at all costs.

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
personally, i would rather eat a few chocolates or cupcakes or whatever than have one heavy hitting mega dose.
usually, i eat one and wait an hour to see how it goes.
i have eaten as many as 7 cookies in a night just because they tasted good.
just makes me giggly and in the end puts me into a deep sleep.

i bought a couple of mushroom chocolates once on a party beach and it was such a bad experience that i have never done shrooms again.
luckily, i only ate half of mine but my dude ate his chocolate and my extra half and was totally tripping.
he was staring at a large granite boulder, totally out to lunch for hours.

the most harm an edible should do is put you to sleep or in a worst case senario make you poop your pants.
i can see how med patients need a strong dose though.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
I tell people to only eat a half or 1/4 and wait for a good 2 hours before they decide to eat anymore. I give the warning, weather or not they listen to me is a whole other story. Especially when you have dudes and chicks that think they are super hardcore because they smoke my BHO. They think that such a normal size piece of chocolate, can't be as devastating as it is.

Here's a few pics of the most recent batch of chocolates. Really wanna get some bar molds, so I can make actual chocolate bars.

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Donn

I tell people to only eat a half or 1/4 and wait for a good 2 hours before they decide to eat anymore. I give the warning, weather or not they listen to me is a whole other story.

Well, the thing is, you're saying two different things. When you make up the chocolates, you're making each one a dose, and anyone presented with one of these has pretty good reason to think it's a dose for normal people. Otherwise, why would you make them that strong?

Like an aspirin might have 325mg in it. Lots of people take two, but that didn't lead Bayer etc. to switch to 700mg tablets and suggest that you might break it into halves or quarters. 325mg works for plenty of people (it's good for sunburn, by the way); if you need more, take two.

What I have read about the Maureen Dowd thing makes it out to be a similar story. I'm not defending her, she clearly didn't know what she was doing and in her position that's pretty ridiculous, but come on, hand someone an edible that "should have been cut into 16 pieces" and you're asking for trouble. DoubleTripleOG, whatever you're up to there is your own business, I'm just trying to get across a point about dosage for people who are making edibles for people who don't necessarily know what they're doing.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Well, the thing is, you're saying two different things. When you make up the chocolates, you're making each one a dose, and anyone presented with one of these has pretty good reason to think it's a dose for normal people. Otherwise, why would you make them that strong?

Like an aspirin might have 325mg in it. Lots of people take two, but that didn't lead Bayer etc. to switch to 700mg tablets and suggest that you might break it into halves or quarters. 325mg works for plenty of people (it's good for sunburn, by the way); if you need more, take two.

What I have read about the Maureen Dowd thing makes it out to be a similar story. I'm not defending her, she clearly didn't know what she was doing and in her position that's pretty ridiculous, but come on, hand someone an edible that "should have been cut into 16 pieces" and you're asking for trouble. DoubleTripleOG, whatever you're up to there is your own business, I'm just trying to get across a point about dosage for people who are making edibles for people who don't necessarily know what they're doing.

Actually I'm only saying one thing, to be careful with them. No kids are getting these. Only grown folks(no teenagers). Also If you notice, they make baby asprin. Which is half a dose or less(about 1/4 of a normal asprin's strength). So your point is invalid. Many medicine's recommend talking a half/quarter dose.

People who don't know what they are doing, and don't listen to advice heeded, prolly shouldn't be messing with them in the first place. The make 1000 mg edible's, and everyone in the know, knows that's way more than a single dose. Hence the reason the responsible dispo's explain to patients how strong the edibles are they are buying.

Latest posts

Latest posts