What's new

Northern Lights types 1-11

JohnnyChicago

This is the most sativa pheno I came across through inbreeding Atomics NL.
Based on the smoke, I thought it was hawaiian.
But I dont know. :)
nlsour.jpg
nl11.jpg

mexweed

Veteran
so I keep coming across things here and there like OG is actually just a pheno of NL#2, or NL is a parent of chem, has anyone of chem or OG notoriety ever stated that they think similar?

the lower number NLs are the most indica and are generally short squat christmas tree like, the only short squat pheno of OG I have ever grown was definitely a paki kush pheno it had way fatter buds than any NL I have ever seen, all the rest have way more stretch than the indica NL, and I have never seen a short squat chem, NL has also always had a much more sedating stone for me than OG I would say more like bubba, and nothing at all like chem as far as potency, NL isn't weak but it's not chem

what I think is more plausible is that the original "purest indica" Steve's afghan was crossed to something else that never became part of the NL lines, perhaps the pnw hashplant that is speculated to be a parent of chem is something like Steve's afghanXnepalese or vice versa, and maybe it's also part of the emerald triangle strain

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
so I keep coming across things here and there like OG is actually just a pheno of NL#2, or NL is a parent of chem, has anyone of chem or OG notoriety ever stated that they think similar?

the lower number NLs are the most indica and are generally short squat christmas tree like, the only short squat pheno of OG I have ever grown was definitely a paki kush pheno it had way fatter buds than any NL I have ever seen, all the rest have way more stretch than the indica NL, and I have never seen a short squat chem, NL has also always had a much more sedating stone for me than OG I would say more like bubba, and nothing at all like chem as far as potency, NL isn't weak but it's not chem

what I think is more plausible is that the original "purest indica" Steve's afghan was crossed to something else that never became part of the NL lines, perhaps the pnw hashplant that is speculated to be a parent of chem is something like Steve's afghanXnepalese or vice versa, and maybe it's also part of the emerald triangle strain
The majority or OG and Chem people wouldn't know what NL2 was even if they fell on one.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
NL 2 is in OG and Bubba Kush.
Bubba Kush has the exact same bract structure as the Hindu thats in NL2.

I suspect Bubba Kush to be more NL2xNL1 with its compact frame and OG to be more NL5XNL2 with its long internodes.
Having bred woth BOEL Hawaiian for 4 f-gens, I see a distinct leaf morphology that also shows up in OG, hence the NL5xNL2

I see familiarity when I see BOEL's The One - which almost nobody brings up when talking about OG.
And, OG can be traced all the way back to Alec, but then its just a bag seed story with him finding a seed in an ounce.

When I worked with a Congo x Kandahar cross, I found a plant that was exactly like The One, and very much like an OG.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
NL 2 is in OG and Bubba Kush.
Bubba Kush has the exact same bract structure as the Hindu thats in NL2.

I suspect Bubba Kush to be more NL2xNL1 with its compact frame and OG to be more NL5XNL2 with its long internodes.
Having bred woth BOEL Hawaiian for 4 f-gens, I see a distinct leaf morphology that also shows up in OG, hence the NL5xNL2

I see familiarity when I see BOEL's The One - which almost nobody brings up when talking about OG.
And, OG can be traced all the way back to Alec, but then its just a bag seed story with him finding a seed in an ounce.

When I worked with a Congo x Kandahar cross, I found a plant that was exactly like The One, and very much like an OG.
NL5 is way different and will breed different from OG.

Here's an NL2 cross I made with a heavy afghan type NL. You can see the lanky/long internode trait NL2 brings to the table.
20220221_221604.jpg
20220221_221532.jpg

Last edited:

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
I believe TK/OG is most likely a version of one of these-

NL1 x NL2
NL1 x (Kush4 x NL2)
Kush4 x NL2

TK/OG doesn't deviate far from #2 which tells me what ever #2 was crossed with was very similar to it. NL1 and Kush4 are the only two that come close in similarities to NL2.

Last edited:

Ttzoo

Great info on this thread.

I've bought Swami Organic Seeds The One x Ds NL2R2 and I have Todd's NL2 on the way.

Disappointed to read that the AGS NL2 may be a recreation, the picture on his site doesn't look like the NL2s pictured on this thread, has anyone grown these out yet and can shed any light on that?

Latest posts

Latest posts