What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Show respect to coco mag problem

Baloni

Helloo....

I wanna show you how true mag def looks in coco :peacock: ??? Or its P def?:p

attachment.php

Attachments

• love mag.jpg
    love mag.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Baloni

I have again mag def now with 0.4 EC cal-mag in every watering.

Before this def it was vigorious grow.
I grow with canna coco + calmag. I think its calcium build up...
How can I manage this? With lower pH ?
I have very soft water without carbonate hardness so... my water isnt accurate buffer to lower pH in coco.
My pH runoff is 6.2 ... my in was 6.0 ... after 30 days I think I have calcium buildup... after mag def starts I just make full dosage cal mag + 1/8th epsom salt. without improve... so It must be calcium buildup. How can I manage this?

After leaching to 0.8 - 1.0 EC mag def starts everywhere... Its common issue.
Flushing doesent work becouse Ca cant be flushed from coco matrix.
It must be Ca build up.

Some tricks to fight Ca build up?

I have again mag def now with 0.4 EC cal-mag in every watering.

Before this def it was vigorious grow.
I grow with canna coco + calmag. I think its calcium build up...
How can I manage this? With lower pH ?
I have very soft water without carbonate hardness so... my water isnt accurate buffer to lower pH in coco.
My pH runoff is 6.2 ... my in was 6.0 ... after 30 days I think I have calcium buildup... after mag def starts I just make full dosage cal mag + 1/8th epsom salt. without improve... so It must be calcium buildup. How can I manage this?

After leaching to 0.8 - 1.0 EC mag def starts everywhere... Its common issue.
Flushing doesent work becouse Ca cant be flushed from coco matrix.
It must be Ca build up.

Some tricks to fight Ca build up?
What is your ppm of your water before you add anything? Are you using Ro water, well water or tap water? And what Type of cal mag product are you using?

big teej

To correct mg deficiency, i reccomend a product called fulmag by safegro. Very cheap around 15 per quart. It contains fulvic acid and chelated magnesium. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone, you get your mg and the fulvic acids to help the breakdown and uptake of bigger nutrient chains to increase yield. Use with tap water(for the added calcium found in most tap).

Also works as a great ph down ( i no longer use ph down only fulmag).

:tiphat:

CoCoSativas

To correct mg deficiency, i reccomend a product called fulmag by safegro. Very cheap around 15 per quart. It contains fulvic acid and chelated magnesium. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone, you get your mg and the fulvic acids to help the breakdown and uptake of bigger nutrient chains to increase yield. Use with tap water(for the added calcium found in most tap).

Also works as a great ph down ( i no longer use ph down only fulmag).

:tiphat:

Technaflora sugar daddy works great too if it's available also a 2 birds with 1 stone thing

Baloni

I use water with 33 Ca mg/l and 10 Mg mg/l ( I think its VERY LOW)
And Calmag Xtra from AH.

I mix 0.3-0.4 calmag + 0.7-0.8 Canna base nutes. = 1.0-1.1-1.2 EC everytime
pH was 6.0-6.2 everytime

I dont leach coco for 40-50 days but there was a lot of runoff at one gals fabric pots.

My runoff when I leach coco was 2.0EC (6.0-6.3pH) with two watering a day, with 1.1 EC

There mag def starts(with 2.0EC runoff) and EC 1.6 with epsom salt doesent help.

So I leach with 0.5 EC(calmag+AB) to 1.0 EC...
And start new game. It was calcium buildup?

My solution have 1.0 EC + 1/8th epsom salt 5,5 pH ( for calcium uptake) For now.

I have mag problems everytime... with cal-mag and without it, but with cal-mag its more healthy grow and I have buds in 30 day like without cal-mag in 40 day.

Last grow I was at 1.6-1.8 EC without cal-mag supp and mag def starts more early.
I have mag problems only at bloom after 25-30 days.

I grow in U-gro bricks.
Next time I will try canna coco, Its maybe about coir.

And its my second grow in coir... so... some error appear.

My problem is carbonate hardness in my water there is 0 carbonate hardness.
So I cant lower my pH in coco rhizosphere.

Same folks know it, coco have relative stable pH and without carbonate hardness your water cant change pH in it.

Somebody told me I must use sodium bicarb and citric acid to pH buffer the RO water.
But I dont know how much... and why citric acid??

Attachments

• calmag 30.jpg
    calmag 30.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

CoCoSativas

I use water with 33 Ca mg/l and 10 Mg mg/l ( I think its VERY LOW)
And Calmag Xtra from AH.

I mix 0.3-0.4 calmag + 0.7-0.8 Canna base nutes. = 1.0-1.1-1.2 EC everytime
pH was 6.0-6.2 everytime

I dont leach coco for 40-50 days but there was a lot of runoff at one gals fabric pots.

My runoff when I leach coco was 2.0EC (6.0-6.3pH) with two watering a day, with 1.1 EC

There mag def starts(with 2.0EC runoff) and EC 1.6 with epsom salt doesent help.

So I leach with 0.5 EC(calmag+AB) to 1.0 EC...
And start new game. It was calcium buildup?

My solution have 1.0 EC + 1/8th epsom salt 5,5 pH ( for calcium uptake) For now.

I have mag problems everytime... with cal-mag and without it, but with cal-mag its more healthy grow and I have buds in 30 day like without cal-mag in 40 day.

Last grow I was at 1.6-1.8 EC without cal-mag supp and mag def starts more early.
I have mag problems only at bloom after 25-30 days.

I grow in U-gro bricks.
Next time I will try canna coco, Its maybe about coir.

And its my second grow in coir... so... some error appear.

My problem is carbonate hardness in my water there is 0 carbonate hardness.
So I cant lower my pH in coco rhizosphere.

Same folks know it, coco have relative stable pH and without carbonate hardness your water cant change pH in it.

Somebody told me I must use sodium bicarb and citric acid to pH buffer the RO water.
But I dont know how much... and why citric acid??

What the fuck? Who would say citric acid? Far from my choice or the industry standard... look at a bottle phosphoric acid is the go to acid for most products.

My water has lots of calcium carbonate. I also use gh calimagic which just adds ore.

You shouldn't have issues if you use cannas food and coir together

Weeded1s

Did you make sure the cec bank was fullfilled?.. i dont use that coco so im not sure if it comes ready to go or not.

Baloni

I believe that everything I'm doing well.
I cant overwater my 1 gal pots heh...
So I will feed 1.2 EC 1/8th eps. 6x day with small runoff. And hope it will be ok...
BECAUSE I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT'S WRONG.

I read about cec bank if runoff EC was higher than in ... Colloids are releasing ionts.

I believe in that at runoff 2.0EC I have unbalanced cec bank and have too much Ca.
(Can I have mag def with 0.4 cal-mag whole grow?)
After leaching to 1.0 EC runoff. Mag was worse very worse but It's the price of my laziness.
If I start with my schedule again I can catch train.

Weeded1s

If the cec wasnt fulfilled by either you or them before you transplanted then that is your problem. Your coco is fighting your plant for ca and mag.
P.s. coco wins almost everytime.

maimunji

I also use canna coco a&b sometimes full dose from heavy feeding chart and also use sensi cal mag xtra. I add full dose cal mag every water which is 300 ppm 0.6 e.c. I have same water like yours 150 ppm with 40 cal and 10 mag. My ppm is around 1000, 1100 ppm in bloom If I add half dose cal mag some plants show cal def very quickly other plants show magnesium. Sometimes I need to up cal mag more than full dose to keep them happy and green. I will change nutes next time. Maybe other peoples will disagree with me but in my options all this nutes companies produce weak crap nutes because they want to sell more and more. Sorry but canna don't have enought cal mag for my plants with general hydroponics flora series 6/9 all plants show magnesium at 3 week of veg and one strain show calcium. When I start to add cal mag problems goes away but this shit also contain high N and fuck NPK ratio for bloom. If I can I will reveg all my plants after harvest and will make clones to find what actually this plants want. Don't know maybe I doing everything wrong.

Weeded1s

Most of the time if your using a somewhat decent nute company then its not the nutrients nor is it a tried and proved ratio like 6/9 causing the issues.
Switching nute companys is not the problem...
Most of the time its overfeeding causing the lockouts in coco!
Coco does a have a small learning curve though.

maimunji

Really don't know. When I start current grow I stay only with 6/9 watering once per day every day. Ppm 650-700 including tap water run off always come 450-500 I measure run off ph and ppm every day. Will try lucas next time. Im in europe and gh flora may be different formula from USA don't know but doesnt work alone. After adding cal mag everything perk and green. Now I need to stay at full dose cal mag. Maybe my tap water is shit. I will try to reveg plants and take clones. And will run side by side.

CoCoSativas

Really don't know. When I start current grow I stay only with 6/9 watering once per day every day. Ppm 650-700 including tap water run off always come 450-500 I measure run off ph and ppm every day. Will try lucas next time. Im in europe and gh flora may be different formula from USA don't know but doesnt work alone. After adding cal mag everything perk and green. Now I need to stay at full dose cal mag. Maybe my tap water is shit. I will try to reveg plants and take clones. And will run side by side.

I think it's partly the varieties you are running buddy. Remember when I changed type of dope I grow I needed to double my ec...

There's alot of factors but starting water is huge. I remember your wager is like my new stuff, and I too am running lots of calmag like a full dose and I don't run off...

If using canna and calmag works stick to it gh in coco SUCKS.

Gh with coco lucas *rez/h3ad)

That's the same motherfucking cut grown with canna... stick with the canna gh can kiss my ass.

Also bro remember all this stuff other than canna is all tomato food. They eat similar to dope plants but not exactly thee same.

Baloni

Today 5 days after leaching to 1.0 EC ... With 1.2 EC feed I have 2.0 EC runoff again.

wtf crap coco

CoCoSativas

Stop checking run off. I did... couldnt be happier. Useless thing to worry about .

What coco do you use? Try canna you won't be disappointed. It's available world wide now...

CoCoSativas

I believe that everything I'm doing well.
I cant overwater my 1 gal pots heh...
So I will feed 1.2 EC 1/8th eps. 6x day with small runoff. And hope it will be ok...
BECAUSE I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT'S WRONG.

I read about cec bank if runoff EC was higher than in ... Colloids are releasing ionts.

I believe in that at runoff 2.0EC I have unbalanced cec bank and have too much Ca.
(Can I have mag def with 0.4 cal-mag whole grow?)
After leaching to 1.0 EC runoff. Mag was worse very worse but It's the price of my laziness.
If I start with my schedule again I can catch train.

Mag can get locked out... so yes you can have a magdeficiency Cy all grow but to me it sounds like alot is going on. It would be best for you to list your food, coco and your practice Maka g the mix, step by step possibly we can offer more assistance...

Latest posts

Latest posts