Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > I suck at cloning. That's not a question but this is

Thread Title Search
I suck at cloning. That's not a question but this is Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2018, 08:59 PM #101
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieWaulie View Post
Hahah, Ive lost you agent potead to the clone machines. I will persevere and treck forward alone down the road of jiffy and rockwell cloning.
Sorry bro At this point I am trying everything possible. If they still won't root in this thing, I just think The Animal doesn't want to be cloned, which is a shame. I still have 3 cuttings in tap water with a drop of superthrive going too. I have been changing the water ever 3 days, but nothing.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:34 PM #102
Zeez
Try to Make It Real Compared to What

Zeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
Sorry bro At this point I am trying everything possible. If they still won't root in this thing, I just think The Animal doesn't want to be cloned, which is a shame. I still have 3 cuttings in tap water with a drop of superthrive going too. I have been changing the water ever 3 days, but nothing.
Just curious. What strain is that you are having trouble with?
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 06-11-2018, 04:57 AM #103
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeez View Post
Just curious. What strain is that you are having trouble with?
It's called The Animal from Dutch Girl Seeds out of Colorado. It is supposed to be a cross between Ghost Train Haze and Jabberwocky with a 56-70 day flower time. Oh and Dutch Girl Seeds is owned by CannaPunch. That is the extent of the information I could dig up on it.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:58 AM #104
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
Add bleach to the water, the wide leaf cuttings I do
will root without it, but stubby root nubs that take
longer to establish in medium, coco.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:35 AM #105
Zeez

Zeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond repute
I got an East Coast Sour Diesel that does not want to clone. Got it from a buddy in Mass too. It wasn't in such great health when I got it but it's doing better. Latest try in one week so far. Nothing yet. This time through cleaning again, Let the water de-chlorinate, Fresh bottle of Clonex, fingers crossed.
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 06-12-2018, 08:22 AM #106
Mlewis1987

Mlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really nice
Good luck with the clones, I just had similar problems and it took me 3 weeks to get roots. Set my veg room back quite a bit. Just happy I didn’t lose the cut but it took forever. I’ve tried rock wool and straight coco and don’t seem to be very good at either so I’m going to keep an eye on your cloner if you go that route.
Mlewis1987 is offline Quote

Old 06-12-2018, 07:14 PM #107
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlewis1987 View Post
Good luck with the clones, I just had similar problems and it took me 3 weeks to get roots. Set my veg room back quite a bit. Just happy I didn’t lose the cut but it took forever. I’ve tried rock wool and straight coco and don’t seem to be very good at either so I’m going to keep an eye on your cloner if you go that route.
Thanks bro! I'll check back once I see some roots or the whole thing fucks itself Try to grab some photos too.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:53 PM #108
Joint Lock

Joint Lock has a spectacular aura aboutJoint Lock has a spectacular aura aboutJoint Lock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
Hey ya'll is it possible to over water clones? I cut 4 clones a week and a half ago now and 1 died off within 2 days. The other 3 still are green and look like cuttings, look healthy, I swear one of them is even taller. But no roots at all on them yet. I took them cleanly, dipped in water immediately, then rooting hormone, then into the root riot planting cubes, then into a propagation dome with an attached thermometer/hygrometer. Temperature is in the 70-80's, mostly hovering around 75. Humidity I'm not sure the meter actually doesn't say which makes me think I over did it. Is it possible to over water these clones? I just added like 8 more cuttings 3 days ago and have been trying to keep it humid for them by spraying every day. Am I over doing it and stunting their root growth? At this point I feel like I should just bite the bullet and make an aerocloner, people seem to get awesome results with them on here. Thanks for reading this wall o text.
Cloning : Rockwool/Dome 101

24/0 Light small LED or Floro

Soak Rockwool cubes (2 x 2in) in PH 5.0 water (Soak 12hrs)
This will bring cubes down to 6.0 PH

Take a bloom or high phosphorous fert .

Add few drops/tiny pinch of bloom to a spray bottle with water
This will be your spray (This will keep them healthy and green and help root them faster)

Take cuts , Dip the cut in a cup of water where u cut it from the donor Make another cut while submersed (No air pocket)

After this skin the stem a inch or two where the roots will appear

Dip into favorite rooting hormone powder/gel.

Place into rockwool cube
(Push cube up against the stem so its snug)

The secret is to keep the cubes damp not soaked

Keep vents closed if dome has vents for first 3 days
Slowly open them little by little after day 3

Mist clones 1x a day with (bloom spray above) . Make sure cubes are not sitting in puddles

To prevent this i just pull out each clone from the dome give a few sprays. Condensation is fine on the dome

Last edited by Joint Lock; 06-20-2018 at 09:22 PM..
Joint Lock is offline Quote

Old 06-12-2018, 08:02 PM #109
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

I've already moved on to a cloner and I don't use rockwool for anything. Thanks though.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:46 PM #110
Zeez

Which one did you get?
Zeez is offline Quote