What's new

long term storage thread

frostqueen

Having buds compressed in a vacuum seal might be a good thing.

The Malawian technique of tightly rolling buds to ferment for a while in vacuum seal, has been refined by Tangewna in his long-running discussion topic in this forum, and I would highly recommend reading about the amazing results produced by that innovative means of bringing out a truly unique buzz and flavor.

Pretty cool stuff for sure, right? I have some Malawi going right now so I may try it out.

Aside from that, though. I really have zero interest in compressing my buds; I personally just don't care for dense rock-hard flowers. Added to that, I live in a connoisseur town where compressed flowers would be flat-out laughed at if I tried to flip the extra.

Top-shelf flowers are usually cured in and kept in jars, and since vacuum is easily applied to mason jars via a sealer using a cheap attachment...

I am going to try out the oxygen absorbers, as they are said to do the same thing without the vacuum sealer.

PDX Dopesmoker

I just got a lab report back from flower that had harvested at the end of last September and stored at room temp in C-vaults since the were dry:
THCA - 13.4%
THC D9 - 8.3%
CBN - 0.06%

Strain is a sativa leaning Purple Trainwreck, hope these numbers help shed some light on the long term storage issue. This stuff was stored on the dank side and weighs in at a bit over 14% moisture content, not sure how that affects decay over time, but given how the cob cured material turns out it can't be bad.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I just got a lab report back from flower that had harvested at the end of last September and stored at room temp in C-vaults since the were dry:
THCA - 13.4%
THC D9 - 8.3%
CBN - 0.06%

Strain is a sativa leaning Purple Trainwreck, hope these numbers help shed some light on the long term storage issue. This stuff was stored on the dank side and weighs in at a bit over 14% moisture content, not sure how that affects decay over time, but given how the cob cured material turns out it can't be bad.

Do you have a lab report from before they went into the C-Vaults?

HB.

Latest posts

Latest posts