What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LEO encounter stories

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
As a stoner, one of the most nerve wracking situations you can run into is having an encounter with law enforcement while in possession of our favorite flora. Though many can now enjoy the luxury of living in a place where one can pretty much walk up to a cop and tell him the source of the skunky odor coming from one's pocket, only to be sent off with maybe a smart-ass comment or two, most of us have at one point or still do live with the fear of getting busted.

For many a pothead, the nightmare has already come true as a visit or run in with police has turned into a criminal charge or maybe even a close call that somehow ended in escape.

I know many of us have already had a date with our good buddy Leo and I would love to hear everyone's stories!

St. Phatty

I was semi-arrested on Memorial Day in 1989.

I had a tuna fish can full of Mersh, in a VW bug at a national park in Calif.

Cop took the Mersh, gave me a ticket & judge threw it out.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Was in college about four hours drive from home. Before driving hone, I went looking for some green, but the little town was dry as usual. So I decided to drive home for the weekend and get a brick for me and my friends.

On the way there, I must have been in a hurry and got pulled over for doing 85 in a 55. I didn't even think my car would old beater go that fast, but it was down hill with a tail wind. The cop asked to search the car, I let him and he managed to find the pipe I lost.

In the end, I got a $100 fine and a year probation for paraphernalia. Payed the fine, continued to town, and proceeded with the remainder of my plan.

coldcanna

Veteran
This isn't only about weed but I'll go-

My senior year in college I was having a valentines day kegger, police got called by our favorite neighbors for noise complaint. I am 21 at the time so go outside and start chatting with the officers. They told me there was a noise complaint and they had to "come in my house to break it up". I said politely that I would be happy to end the party and they could chill in the driveway and watch everyone leave but under no circumstance would they come in my house. WELL....

This pissed them off and they started saying things like "what are you a lawyer" and "we are police we can come in if we want". I realize this is going anywhere so i say goodnight i'm going inside, as i walk back into the house and start shutting the door behind me they bum rush into the house and push me into the kitchen. I start yelling at them pretty angrily now to get the fuck out and they dont have a warrant, at which point everyone in the party is watching. The cops tear my shirt off and tackle me to the ground and I'm arrested, spend the night in the tank. Last thing the cop said to me was a comment about how I would get it in the end for mouthing off.

NExt day I have court thinking its your typical drunk disturbance, well they fabricated a complete lie and charged me with 2 counts of felony A&B with deadly weapon on police officer, 1 count of misdeamenor A&B , resisting arrest and disturbing the peace. I was looking at 22 years. The crazy thing is that they said they were peacefully trying to come in and I "beat them with the door" and kicked another one so he fell over.

The report was so phony and fake but it still took me 2 years in court and thousands of dollars to finally get a judge to toss the case. I had to sit there during hearings and watch the cops lie on the stand. My lawyer even caught them in lies and called them out and the first several judges didnt do anything with it.

Green Squall

I'm not going to get into specifics here, but being arrested as a teenager for less than a gram of pot has led to a life long distrust of law enforcement. Fuckers treated us like hardened criminals. May they rot in hell.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've had my fair share of LEO encounters but none were as funny as the time my friends & I got pulled over with a shit load of beer & condoms in the car.
Cop asked what we were doing then saw all the beer. We were underage so a search was expected & executed. Upon finding a huge box of condoms the cop asked what they were for.
We told him they were for dicks like you!

Fortunately no beers were opened so they were confiscated & tossed into his back seat... No citations were issued so we went & got more beer.

The cop took ALL the beer to his house!
I knew he was a DICK!

As the post above...
I've got a very healthy distrust of these fuck heads.
Anybody that chosses to oppress the Rights of others, as a career, need their nuts held tightly in a vice! (& if female... Cut her tits off!)

shithawk420

Veteran
ive got WAYYY too many to mention them all but this was quite different.this happened a week ago.so im going on the Let it Go app looking for a car for my dad.great price low miles so we go to buy the car.the guy who owned the car just so happened to be a county cop who worked at the county jail.turns out my dad knew him for years when he was locked up.my dad was tripping! he couldnt believe it.we were drinking but we werent driving so i guess thats cool.But for a cop he was actually really nice.i guess he would rent movies at the video store for the inmates to watch. recently he got injured by an inmate,got a settlement and is retiring in the virgin islands!thats why the car was so cheap!

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I've had 2 run-ins with the cops over my 45 yr smoking career and both ended well due to the fact I'm a woman and have perfected the art of being able to cry on cue at the drop of a hat.:biggrin::tiphat:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've had 2 run-ins with the cops over my 45 yr smoking career and both ended well due to the fact I'm a woman and have perfected the art of being able to cry on cue at the drop of a hat.:biggrin::tiphat:

I wonder if that trick works on female cops?

It wouldn't for me.
She'd just laugh her ass off at me & tell me to grow some balls. Lol

M

moose eater

Deleted; Probably not a story I should've written on a forum.. even 35 years after the fact.

Last edited:

JustSumTomatoes

Kind of makes me wonder what it's like to live in a legal state. Other than the whole cannabis thing, I don't have much concern about running into the po po. I could easily see how a negative experience could turn you against the law for life though.

I feel really mixed about the police in general. On one hand you have total scumbags who get a real rush out of the sense of authority and being total pricks to people. Even enjoying injuring others by physical means or by use of the court system. The true narcissist type. Then there's the few that become cops with the intent to truly help. Maybe some end up being corrupted themselves, and others end up leaving the job as they find out it's not the ideal good guy saving the world career they expected.

I've had police help when in need and also be a general pain in the ass for no reason. As far as the law is concerned, there are many injustices both on the books and by social construction. Just think how things would be different if the drug war were never a thing? Lives on both sides wouldn't have been lost or ruined, and police public relations would probably be much better than they are now.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kind of makes me wonder what it's like to live in a legal state. Other than the whole cannabis thing, I don't have much concern about running into the po po. I could easily see how a negative experience could turn you against the law for life though.

I feel really mixed about the police in general. On one hand you have total scumbags who get a real rush out of the sense of authority and being total pricks to people. Even enjoying injuring others by physical means or by use of the court system. The true narcissist type. Then there's the few that become cops with the intent to truly help. Maybe some end up being corrupted themselves, and others end up leaving the job as they find out it's not the ideal good guy saving the world career they expected.

I've had police help when in need and also be a general pain in the ass for no reason. As far as the law is concerned, there are many injustices both on the books and by social construction. Just think how things would be different if the drug war were never a thing? Lives on both sides wouldn't have been lost or ruined, and police public relations would probably be much better than they are now.

Good cops come in one of two forms...
Those that are solid & those that are malleable.
The malleable cops are always integrated & become career machines, along with the rest.
The solid cops either quit or get fired for going against the grain.

Newb cops are the most dangerous!
They're like baby vipers...
They've no regulation of their venom!

shithawk420

Veteran
There's no such thing as a good cop.it's an oxymoron.as long as the shitty laws exist that they are supposed to enforce a good cop can't exist.if a cop let's a 90 year old go for a joint he's not doing his job.he might be a good person but not a good cop.if he decides to bust the old lady he's a piece of shit but still doing his job.it's really a parodox honestly.I'd rather be a good person than a good cop

JustSumTomatoes

There's no such thing as a good cop.it's an oxymoron.as long as the shitty laws exist that they are supposed to enforce a good cop can't exist.if a cop let's a 90 year old go for a joint he's not doing his job.he might be a good person but not a good cop.if he decides to bust the old lady he's a piece of shit but still doing his job.it's really a parodox honestly.I'd rather be a good person than a good cop

So theoretically if all unjust laws are reversed, all wrongfully incarcerated are vindicated, and police acknowledge their faults there could be "good cops"?

M

moose eater

So theoretically if all unjust laws are reversed, all wrongfully incarcerated are vindicated, and police acknowledge their faults there could be "good cops"?

Not unless accountability is better written into expectations of conduct. We need less immunity for public servants, not more.

And there's the whole issue of what sort of psychological profile/person is drawn to positions of power.

While many LE Depts use pre-employment screening, sometimes to include MMPI scores (as an example), the public might be alarmed to read what is often common among those MMPI (and other test) scores for positions that include authority over others, and a de facto license to kill, with scant question..

I've frequently heard (mostly from LEO apologists who wish to sound reasonable, but often haven't considered the reality in-depth), that "Sure there's some bad cops. But the good out-weigh the few bad officers."

Police perjury (both while sworn under oath on the witness stand, and in sworn affidavits, as a matter of applications for warrants) is not only rampant, but commonly glossed over without any consequences by judges who SHOULD be taking away a cop's badge and gun ON THE SPOT when such officers are caught lying under oath... Despite such behavior typically and technically being a FELONY. A cop caught perjuring themselves in a court of any sort should never be allowed to hold authority over ANYTHING or ANYONE, from that point forward; not even a puppy, a kitten, or a goldfish.

For me, it gets back to "Do we hold our public officials to a higher or lesser standard than the average thug on the street?" I say we should hold them to a much higher standard. I expect thugs to do what they do. I expect those who swear an oath to serve the public, to do JUST THAT.

To the apologists who shrug off all kinds of criminal activity by LEOs as being committed by a minority contingent, I often reply with this; "When the officers many regard as 'good,' begin filing criminal charges against their cohorts and arresting them, cuffing them, and mirandizing them, on the spot, for brutality, for perjury, for planting evidence, etc (all of which happen in the U.S. daily), THEN they can consider themselves 'good cops.' Until then they're little more than accessories to the commission of felonies that, quite frequently, literally ruin lives."

I once spoke with an undercover fed who ran teams, some of the time going after dirty cops. We knew of some common cases that were eye-openers, to say the least.

I asked him what he would do if he found one of his team were acting as previously described -while- a member of his team, and wearing his team's shield. His response took me by surprise, while also increasing my respect for him. He said, "A bullet behind their ear would be too kind."

He was intimately familiar with a case in New Orleans wherein an attorney I knew had brought in the feds, and when the dust settled, while many dirty cops skated due to tragic circumstances that resulted in the curtailing of the operation, 26 of the weasel bastards went down for charges that included murder-for-hire, racketeering, extortion, and more. It was speculated/estimated that had the op not been ended, they'd have bagged three times that many. I believe them.

A while later the N.O. pigs, no doubt as a matter of pay-back, used a SWAT team to take down the attorney referenced above, during Festival/Mardi Gras, for possessing a few joints.

That attorney and I no longer communicate with each other, but he has always been a hero of mine, since I first met him in 2000, in D.C.

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
I was pretty messed up when I wrote that.holloween pumpkin shots. but moose eater said it pretty darn well