What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6000w Ultimate Strawberry Diesel: "keep it simple"

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Hi everybody, I would like to share my grow with all you beautiful people.

_______________The Strain:_______________

Ultimate Strawberry Diesel (USD), from Ganesh / Fractal Genetics. This phenotype is sativa-dominant with a strong "sour strawberry skittles" aroma and taste. She finishes anywhere from 11-14 weeks, and gets frostier and more colorful the longer she goes.

This strain stretches a lot and yields very well. My last grow got ~2 lbs per 1kw light. I am looking to beat that number this time around.

________________The Garden_________________

There are two rooms. One is 4000w, the other is 2000w, for 6KW total. The rooms contain:

-six 1000w digital ballasts (lumatek & galaxy)
-six 1000w bulbs (Ushio & Hortilux)
-six 4x4 flood tables
-six 50gallon reservoirs
-six 4x4' PVC trellis for SCROG (thanks Pico!)
-six reflectors (4 Radiants, 2 Adjustawings)
...and....
- 112 USD plants

_______________The Grow_________________

The plants are in 2gal bags of Botanicare's Readygro Aeration mix, which consists of mainly of Coco and Perlite, and is amended with Kelp, Compost, EWC, and other goodies.. I had great results with this stuff on my last grow and the price is very decent.

Base nutrients are: House&Garden Aqua Flakes (11mL/gallon)

Additives are:
-Thrive Alive green (1mL/gallon)(weeks 1-4)
-House&Garden Multi-zen (2mL/gallon)(weeks 1-4)
-House&Garden Bud XL (2mL/gallon)(weeks 5-9)

Each room is exhausted by an 8-inch vortex sucking air through an open window. No carbon filters, the neighbors love us.. :biggrin:

The plants were watered once every 48 hours during a 2 week veg cycle, then switched to watering 5x per day during flowering. The flood tables fill automatically every 3 hours during lights-on, and once during lights-off.

I spray weekly with a mixture of Einstein Oil and Takedown. (neem and pyrethrum) to prevent bugs and mildew.

(pics coming soon)

catalyte

Veteran
your shows are always good to learn from. thanks for sharing.. i'm still too rattled by the terrible yields i saw with GH coco back in 07 for me to use it again but y'all are making me re-consider the stuff! LOL

250wscrogger

:dance013: Nice... Should be a good one. I'll be watching this...

112 USD under 6k with no scrubbers......hahaha
:biglaugh:

I finally switched everything over to coco a couple months ago... first coco room coming down in 10 days and it looks like my best run ever. I don't know why I didn't switch sooner....It's sooo much better than pro-mix... Veg is like 25% faster and I'm sure yields will be better.

Bonzo

Veteran
Howdy Schrews :) Ready-Gro! man i forgot about that stuff...used it once a long time ago...cant remember how it was...sure sounds nice! might look into it again...

Lookin forward to ur KISS run dude! :)

GIT ER DUN! :D

Bonzo

Veteran
Howdy schrews...:) i been lookin up Adjust a wings...average price..$200 (large wing) for a peice of aluminum and a socket...wow :dunno:

are you up n runnin?

watts

ohms
Veteran
I'll be watching.

Attachments

• DSC01213.jpg
    DSC01213.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC01217.jpg
    DSC01217.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 7

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
I'll be watching.
If I understood the breeder in another post, the seeds will not be released again due to the instability of a poly-hybrid...
The cut that Schrews is running should be considered clone only I would think. Some damn fine smoke if you take it to 11+ weeks...
Here are some at ~25 days. I just turned on the top light, so that is why it is blue, not a MH
picture.php

Where's the pics bro?!

Latest posts

Latest posts