What's new

Show your pix of you plants grown perlite

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Show pix of your plants grown in pure perlite.
Id like to see those of you who grow in pure perlite with out any other medium. I have seen some ppl on here who grow in perlite. Id like to see who else does.

Big-Narstie

Don't see the point when compost or coco is more suited.

Uh oh you've gone n done it again BN! Keep ur opinions to yaself pal

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Yah well I've have been trying to grow in coco lately with no luck what so ever my seedlings keep dying on me. 2 1/2 to 3 years ago I could grow bushy plants in coco but now I get nothing. :(

So now Im looking for other mediums to try growing in and I have seen ppl on here growing nice and bushy plants in pure perlite. they told me there is no secret but when I try still nothing.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
3 parts perlite/1 part vermiculite (small grain) + pinch of blood meal at the bottom.
Water or water & feed about every two days. :tiphat:..excellent for seedling/germination

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yah well I've have been trying to grow in coco lately with no luck what so ever my seedlings keep dying on me. 2 1/2 to 3 years ago I could grow bushy plants in coco but now I get nothing. :(

So now Im looking for other mediums to try growing in and I have seen ppl on here growing nice and bushy plants in pure perlite. they told me there is no secret but when I try still nothing.

instead of trying another medium ..... why not go back & fix the problems your having with coco ????

once you know how to treat coco ..... its hard to beat the quality & yields you get in smaller pots of medium . plus i can almost bet your problems are environment related & not the medium itself . its getting cooler this time of year & coco isn't going to dry out as fast . etc .......

Last edited:

Big-Narstie

I was going to say bet it's ur environment and your over watering as that will kill ur seedlings quick. Coco is a beast of a medium done right. Like dansbuds said don't keep jumping from on method to the other as you won't learn anything plus it will go wrong anyway as its prob ur environment so your just setting yourself up for more headaches/stress/exspence and questions.

Atb mate

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So here are some ladies I've had over the past years both indoors and out. I do know how to grow but these days I must some how keep over thinking it. I think you are right, I think I need to get back to my roots and figure out what I'm doing wrong!

First pic is of the first lady I ever had. 14 years ago.

picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=3247&pictureid=299532

Tri_Cho_Me

instead of trying another medium ..... why not go back & fix the problems your having with coco ????

once you know how to treat coco ..... its hard to beat the quality & yields you get in smaller pots of medium . plus i can almost bet your problems are environment related & not the medium itself . its getting cooler this time of year & coco isn't going to dry out as fast . etc .......

:laughing:

Latest posts

Latest posts