Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Hemp Russet Mites!! Help?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Best Value Vacs for extraction devices
Hemp Russet Mites!! Help? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2011, 11:50 PM #1
Treetroit City
Moderately Super

Treetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivor
Hemp Russet Mites!! Help?

Never heard of these until tonight but I got em. Planning a complete shut down and bleaching. Anything more I should know?
Sourbubbles, Strawberry Coughs, Multiple DGS varieties, Gone!!
FUCK!!!!

Oh yeah, Big ups to MIway for pointing the way!

Current Karma OG Test Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Sorry its not chock full with landrace genes... blame joesy
Treetroit City is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2011, 12:00 AM #2
Treetroit City
Moderately Super

Treetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivor
Oh yeah, might as well be informational. Heres a pic.

Quote:

Last edited by Treetroit City; 12-29-2014 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: Added pic

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:18 AM #3
PuReKnOwLeDgE
Licensed Grower

PuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud ofPuReKnOwLeDgE has much to be proud of
Oh I see now these are spreading through the mitten, I know two people who are battling these fuckers. Complete shutdown, throwing out moms? Does floramite work for these things? If your not to up to date on treatment of these things hit up PoopyTeabags, I am betting he is currently read up on them. I stopped taking clones quite some time ago, and will only be cracking beans and making beans fomr here on out. If I do get anything, it is getting quarintined for long time.

Wish you luck, let us know what you find out, treatments?
PuReKnOwLeDgE is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2011, 12:47 AM #4
Hydro-Soil
Banned

Hydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud of
Edit: I no longer advocate the use of neem based products at any stage of flower. Bio-accumulation has made me extremely sensitive to azamax/azatrol products. It is _not_ gone in even 60 days of indoor flowering. Please use these methods for veg only.

Complete eradication is still available.

Anything in flower that doesn't have mites on the buds yet... can possibly be controlled. Mix a 5ml/gallon solution of Azamax or Azatrol. Add a Capful of isopropyl alcohol (about 90% or stronger) and a few drops of dish detergent until the solution spreads on the leaf instead of beading up.

Use a sponge and wipe the top and bottom of every fan leaf, not the sugar leaves if possible. Please try not to drip this stuff on any buds. Difficult, but you CAN save your crop.... if you don't have hundreds of plants that is. Wipe the stems and any areas that have mites on them.

Dunk any clones or seedlings in this same mixture and you can also use it to spray.... as in completely drenching the plant but NOT the soil... no isopropyl in the soil please.

Any plants in flower that are 45 days from harvest can have 1ml/gallon put into their res or watered into soilless mixes.... at least 5ml/gallon is good for soil, others have said they can use more without harm... YMMV.

All plants in veg get a soil drench of 5ml/gallon and everything hydro gets 1ml/gallon.

Can you empty your flowering room for 6-8 hours?? Bomb it with floramite if you can.... just not your plants. Scrub down the floors and walls with a 5-10% bleach solution.

Spray/Dunk plants in veg every 5-6 days for 2-3 weeks... that should break the cycle. Keep them dosed with soil drench or straight in the res every 30 days.

You CAN get rid of them and the preventative maint in the veg room will keep them out. No need to rip everything down.

Stay Safe!

Last edited by Hydro-Soil; 09-14-2012 at 07:06 AM..
Hydro-Soil is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:52 AM #5
The End Is Near

The End Is Near has a spectacular aura aboutThe End Is Near has a spectacular aura aboutThe End Is Near has a spectacular aura aboutThe End Is Near has a spectacular aura aboutThe End Is Near has a spectacular aura about
Buy a No Pest Strip or two from Home Depot. Some people don't like it because it's chemical based and is carcinogenic, but it works fast and you don't have to spray/fog your plants, just place them near the plants and they do their work. Saved more than a few crops here.

Last edited by The End Is Near; 12-13-2011 at 01:36 AM.. Reason: Spelling
The End Is Near is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:09 AM #6
Treetroit City
Moderately Super

Luckily these are still in the veg room. Yep came in on a clone, the SC.

Quote:

Old 12-13-2011, 01:19 AM #7
Hydro-Soil
Banned

Hydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Coast View Post
That's it? Pbbbbbbt! You got this one man...

Get some azatrol or azamax asap! Dunk/Thoroughly-spray and treat the roots like I said. You'll be just fine.

I had repeated attacks by "Resistant" mites (several varieties) from local growers and this regimen prevented them from ever reaching my flowering room.

Daily visual inspection of all plants and the soil-drench or res treatment is the key.

Stay Safe!

Edit: Did I mention this is an organic method that totally works? No avid, Forbid or floramite residues in your rooms *shudder*
Hydro-Soil is offline Quote

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:22 AM #8
SOTF420
Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Breeder, Med Patient, & 420% Sweet Tooth Fanatic!

SOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant future
I had a whole big sticky trap under one of my Sweet Tooth plants last grow that was fucking filled with these little bastards but luckily they never made it up on the plant since I smear the lower stems weekly with pure neem oil (this works amazingly well in keeping shit off your plants from the soil line!) and they were luckily in just one big container somehow. Came in a bag of Ocean Forest from Fox Farm I am afraid, along with a fucking shitload of fungus gnat eggs like usual. Be warned! If you are going to put neem oil on the stems don't forget any stakes or bamboo as well they climb right up that shit too!

Now if you want an effective organic solution to kill them try 1 tsp of Dr Bronners organic liquid soap in one gallon of clean warm water and get the lavender oil one if you can find it. Then add 25 drops of lavender essential oil, 10 drops of eucalyptus oil, and 10 drops of tea tree oil or peppermint works too and then shake well with the cap on and add in 1 heaping tsp of pure neem seed oil and shake the mixture very well. Spray down the plants liberally on the top and undersides of leafs in low light and make sure they are not in bright intense light while this dries or it can burn them. You can also spray the surface of the soil and the containers as well, this stuff smells great and is totally non-toxic. It also kills other mites dead along with fungus gnats and larvae in the soil, if you do a light soil drench you will see larvae coming up to the surface wriggling around and dying. The lavender oil really knocks the shit out of the mites, including spidermites, aphids and most other random pests. The ultimate solution though if you don't want to spray anything is to just introduce a shitload of ladybugs onto all your plants and make sure your lights are covered so they can't get inside of them because they are attracted to it and you will end up with a million dead ladybugs in your lights. Ladybugs just love pot plants.

Ladybugs will also rip mites the fuck up like it's nobodies business!

Much love

S.O.T.F.S FORUM HERE

SWEET TOOTH #4 - IBL PROJECT ORGANIC *LED* GROW!

Please join the ~SWEET TOOTH SOCIETY~ on ICMag! 323 Members STRONG & GROWING!

Prop. 215 fully compliant legal medical Cannabis user, proud to live in California!

I SUFFER FROM A MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER WITH ILLUSIONS & FANTASY OF EVENTS THAT NEVER TOOK PLACE AND I MAKE UP THESE STORIES TO ENTERTAIN MYSELF, SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME OFFICER! I NEED MY SWEET GREEN MEDICATION. WHY BOTHER A PEACEFUL MEDICAL USER ANYWAYS? THANKS & KEEP IT GRAPEFRUITY!

The Pen is far mightier than the Sword!

Spread your knowledge of Cannabis to all!

Sweet Tooth, will sure cure whatever ails ya!

Last edited by SOTF420; 12-13-2011 at 01:35 AM..
SOTF420 is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:29 AM #9
highonmt

highonmt is just really nicehighonmt is just really nicehighonmt is just really nicehighonmt is just really nicehighonmt is just really nicehighonmt is just really nicehighonmt is just really nicehighonmt is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Coast View Post
Man sorry to hear you got the russet mites. I have been fighting em here and they are a bitch to get rid of . Controlling em in flower I use 20ml of ipa and 30 ml of peroxide in a liter of water...douse em once a week and it keeps em at bay, plus you can spray the buds without hurting them or you. These bastards go through a complete lifecycle in 7days from egg to egg laying adult so we have failed to get them gone from the warehouse. A cannuk on here recommeded lorsban 4e so we are shutting down the bloom rooms in the warehouse and treating the freshly cloned moms with lorsban once a week for a month along with major cleanings co2 bleach peroxide and chucking all non sterilizable equipment. These things are really tough to control they move around with the wind on hands, cloths and are so small that you don't notice em till there are literally millions of them around. I brought a clone home from work and got them at home too so now I'm totally shutting down and starting over from seed, We've had RA and now RM this year seems like it will never end, makes me wish for a sever infestation of the spider mites at least you can see them..HM

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:46 AM #10
SOTF420
Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Breeder, Med Patient, & 420% Sweet Tooth Fanatic!

SOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant futureSOTF420 has a brilliant future
I feel like the government is engineering these various supermites & root aphids to attack our fucking plants honestly everyone, call me paranoid!

Man you are right back in the day my worst fear was spidermites they would be a welcome site instead of these other fuckers any day!

S.O.T.F.S FORUM HERE

SWEET TOOTH #4 - IBL PROJECT ORGANIC *LED* GROW!

Please join the ~SWEET TOOTH SOCIETY~ on ICMag! 323 Members STRONG & GROWING!

Prop. 215 fully compliant legal medical Cannabis user, proud to live in California!

I SUFFER FROM A MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER WITH ILLUSIONS & FANTASY OF EVENTS THAT NEVER TOOK PLACE AND I MAKE UP THESE STORIES TO ENTERTAIN MYSELF, SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME OFFICER! I NEED MY SWEET GREEN MEDICATION. WHY BOTHER A PEACEFUL MEDICAL USER ANYWAYS? THANKS & KEEP IT GRAPEFRUITY!

The Pen is far mightier than the Sword!

Spread your knowledge of Cannabis to all!

Sweet Tooth, will sure cure whatever ails ya!

SOTF420 is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.