Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Hemp russet mite eggs?

Thread Title Search
Hemp russet mite eggs? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2018, 07:08 AM #21
Bird of Hermes

Bird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.2microns View Post
Ah I see. 2 Weeks, wow. That turned into a big infestation quick. I caught mine when they were barely infesting one plant. I think I am going to be able to make it through harvest, with treatment with Avid and Forbid as soon as I saw them (well out of the residual window) and frequent treatments with Green Cleaner, Nuke Em, and PFR-97.

We will see.
Yep they exploded it was crazy,sounds like a good plan i'm trying green cleaner and big time exterminator lets pray to the cannabis gods that we both can get a good harvest still.

You heat treating and cleaning your room down after this run? If not you should good luck dude

Bird of Hermes is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2018, 09:41 AM #22
0.2microns

0.2microns is on a distinguished road
Yep, I will most definitely be heat treating the room when I pull everything down. Tricky part is in our situations... It sounds to me like you are dealing with just a few plants? I'm working with a dense canopy of 75 sites. Makes it a lot more difficult to really get good coverage.
Translaminar pesticides help, as well as PFR-97 being a delayed action bioinsecticide where in theory mites would bring spores to the other mites.

I would suggest to anyone with russet's or broads. Go nuclear as quickly as possible, eliminate them before they become an issue and transition quickly to organic based once a strong knockdown of nuclear chem's have been used.
0.2microns is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2018, 01:19 PM #23
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.2microns View Post
Yep, I will most definitely be heat treating the room when I pull everything down. Tricky part is in our situations... It sounds to me like you are dealing with just a few plants? I'm working with a dense canopy of 75 sites. Makes it a lot more difficult to really get good coverage.
Translaminar pesticides help, as well as PFR-97 being a delayed action bioinsecticide where in theory mites would bring spores to the other mites.

I would suggest to anyone with russet's or broads. Go nuclear as quickly as possible, eliminate them before they become an issue and transition quickly to organic based once a strong knockdown of nuclear chem's have been used.
Since it sounds like you’re running a commercial crop...
I hope your avid laced buds stay in your household!

The shit has not been tested for use on products that are being smoked!
As a matter of fact, the MSDS states that it ”may decompose at high temperature forming toxic gases.”

Keep that shit to yourself!

Let’s not forget too that another of the ingredients in Avid is classified as a carcinogen.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2018, 04:03 PM #24
2011rex87
Banned

2011rex87 will become famous soon enough2011rex87 will become famous soon enough
MJpassion is right on. No need to repeat my previous post... Been following this thread for a while now.. I truly wish you all good luck with your gardens and plants. Sorry this happened to you.. but don't make a bad situation worse by using dangerous and untested pesticides. As said, the studies have not been done, one way or another, to show that your plants can be safely consumed after being treated with Avid or Forbid. I understand how difficult this situation can be because of all the recommendations out there telling growers to treat with these chemicals. These situations are made even more complicated when you were highly dependent upon these plants finishing out....

Peace best of luck
2011rex87 is offline Quote

Old 02-19-2018, 03:44 AM #25
2chains

2chains is on a distinguished road
2011rex87;
What protocol do you use for bug prevention in your grow?

I'm two weeks in my first indoor grow with my seedlings and looking at insect frass to keep the bugs away.
2chains is offline Quote

Old 02-19-2018, 07:17 AM #26
Bird of Hermes

Bird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chains View Post
2011rex87;
What protocol do you use for bug prevention in your grow?

I'm two weeks in my first indoor grow with my seedlings and looking at insect frass to keep the bugs away.
Washing your hands and changing clothes if you've been in contact with outdoor plants that could harbor them would be a good idea. Small flies and moths can carry them so im sticking a uv fly trap above my door to catch any that make it in. Predatory mites can prevent a infestation and heat treatments can clear them up. Im leary of spraying pesticides or anything all the time so im going to heat treat my room, get some predators and hopefully never get them again.

Bird of Hermes is offline Quote