What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Exodus Collective: History of UK Cheese

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
I thought I'd post up a cpl pics... I was lucky enough to be gifted the Exodus cut a little over a year ago...
I've had a few different phenos of Cheese over the years & I'm sort of sick of smoking her to be fair, BUT all my palls are all head over heels for her... & everyone else round here for that...
A strong, pungent, sweet, musky, earthy Cheese... She has stained my walls & put Fabreeze to the test :smoker:

I've just read through the thread to be fair...
2003ish I had a gorgeous Cheese, my fav so far.. Very greasy looking, when dried she still looked soaking wet... Lime green almost in colour... the lads nicknamed it 'dog shit'... I miss her so much, I have a feeling it's the Ched Sonic is holding, which someone mentioned.

This is what makes me think of Buddha... He created his Cheese in Brum & blew the name 'Cheese' up... I bought Buddhas seeds around 2005/6 & found something similar to the 'dog shit' I had lost... not as strong or powerful but the flavour was there... after a few more years I bought another pack of BB cheese but found Earthier plants similar to this Exodus I have now...
IF Buddha is claiming that Cheese is his, it's maybe because he was the 1st to market the name with his own unique uber stinky strain... Which IS Cheese....
ALL the other clone only Cheese's, seem to be Cheese crosses or unusually pungent phenos from other strains, being nicknamed Cheese... e.g The Exodus Cheese I have now IS Skunk#1, its NICKNAME has become Exodus Cheese... but it's not Cheese.
The Cheese I had, I'm sure it had something to do with early Buddha in Brum... & is what I'm searching for...
I might be speaking utter rubbish to be fair...

Those buds look lovely mate - well flushed and nice and ripe. Nothing worse than unflushed cheese - nice smell horrible taste.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi rhys
im not sure if your talking about the same cutting but 1 of my clones i hold was the early vietnemese cuting that they first turned up with when they turned up in north london filling houses
super fruity litle nuggets
literaly stank through the bag
we use to call it church
i used to pick up big bits of it and 1 time it was seeded and i did a bunch of seeds and selected a cut for me to run with(i later got thier cut aswell)
they had 2 strains a super fruity funkey 1 and a similar way less smelly and bigger yielding
later they just had the less smelly tasty 1 as i think it was bringing heat on them
these guys were big i went to one of thier storage places to buy equipment as i had a vienemese link
was crazy vans pulling up every minute and filling up
these guys were the biggest cannabis gang in london and maybe the uk for sure
thier place was like a wholesale warehouse just for vietnemese(you were not welcome uless you were vietnemese or with crew)crazy amounts of stuff man the most i ever seen

ive crossed it with a few things
sssdh(north london church)also goes by the name xmas special as i give a bunch of seeds out at xmas and also hit with g13haze(stink bomb)to much haze dominance in this 1
comes out nice but i need to breed a more indica plant(probaly a kush)to keep more of its original qualitys

peace

H

Hoover_lungz

I thought I'd post up a cpl pics... I was lucky enough to be gifted the Exodus cut a little over a year ago... I've had a few different phenos of Cheese over the years & I'm sort of sick of smoking her to be fair, BUT all my palls are all head over heels for her... & everyone else round here for that... A strong, pungent, sweet, musky, earthy Cheese... She has stained my walls & put Fabreeze to the test :smoker: I've just read through the thread to be fair... 2003ish I had a gorgeous Cheese, my fav so far.. Very greasy looking, when dried she still looked soaking wet... Lime green almost in colour... the lads nicknamed it 'dog shit'... I miss her so much, I have a feeling it's the Ched Sonic is holding, which someone mentioned. This is what makes me think of Buddha... He created his Cheese in Brum & blew the name 'Cheese' up... I bought Buddhas seeds around 2005/6 & found something similar to the 'dog shit' I had lost... not as strong or powerful but the flavour was there... after a few more years I bought another pack of BB cheese but found Earthier plants similar to this Exodus I have now... IF Buddha is claiming that Cheese is his, it's maybe because he was the 1st to market the name with his own unique uber stinky strain... Which IS Cheese.... ALL the other clone only Cheese's, seem to be Cheese crosses or unusually pungent phenos from other strains, being nicknamed Cheese... e.g The Exodus Cheese I have now IS Skunk#1, its NICKNAME has become Exodus Cheese... but it's not Cheese. The Cheese I had, I'm sure it had something to do with early Buddha in Brum... & is what I'm searching for... I might be speaking utter rubbish to be fair...
Glad to see you still en joying the Luton Exodus cut my friend:)

Ganja baba i would love to grow your suicide cheese side by side with our local cut, i would say your cheese is one of the best potent cuts out there that i have tried.

Guys you can find our local exodus cut in the Sensiseed bank museum on display as skunk 1 Exodus pheno, its been there for 2 years now thanks to our friend Devilsharvest who used to work there and he smoked plenty of our Exodus cut with Sam the skunkman:tiphat:

So many Exodus cheese cuts out there! just be happy if you get a chance to grow one of them peepz:)

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
hi rhys
im not sure if your talking about the same cutting but 1 of my clones i hold was the early vietnemese cuting that they first turned up with when they turned up in north london filling houses
we use to call it church
i used to pick up big bits of it and 1 time it was seeded and i did a bunch of seeds and selected a cut for me to run with(i later got thier cut aswell)
they had 2 strains a super fruity funkey 1 and a similar way less smelly and bigger yielding
later they just had the less smelly tasty 1 as i think it was bringing heat on them
these guys were big i went to one of thier storage places to buy equipment as i had a vienemese link
thier place was like a wholesale warehouse just for vietnemese(you were not welcome uless you were vietnemese or with crew)crazy amounts of stuff man the most i ever seen

sssdh(north london church)also goes by the name xmas special as i give a bunch of seeds out at xmas and also hit with g13haze(stink bomb)to much haze dominance in this 1
comes out nice but i need to breed a more indica plant(probaly a kush)to keep more of its original qualitys

peace

I think I know the viet cut you're talking about - lovely fruity smell. They had a mangoey one as well if I recall. I always used to wonder where they got the cuts originally...

The lemon I think is different though - I've been told its an old NL#5xHaze or a cross - reminds me of the bubblegummy SSHs you get nowadays in dam but with a spicier lemon edge...

The fact they used to run it in biobizz soil meant it used to always taste lovely and burn clean, compared to most of the unflushed hydro you see on road these days.

Havent seen it in a few years though.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
hi rhys
we use to call it church

peace

I dunno if your taking about the same stuff a mate of mine used to get once in a while, but did they used put it out damp more times than not lol. Stank to high heaven and quite leafy? If so I've been trying to work out what that strain is for years mate! I really hope that it's the stuff you call church, I'll have to try that out to see if it is.

Back then my mate used to call it kush lol! This was before I'd smoked any of the OG's.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I reckon your talking about the same one, very unique and i too wonder what the genetics are because its unlike anything i have tried over the years.....OJ suggested that it was a strain that came with the Viets from Canada which would make perfect sense, also the way quality deteriorated over the years leads me to think the original growers had experience with the strain to begin with and must have grown it before they got here.

I dunno if your taking about the same stuff a mate of mine used to get once in a while, but did they used put it out damp more times than not lol. Stank to high heaven and quite leafy? If so I've been trying to work out what that strain is for years mate! I really hope that it's the stuff you call church, I'll have to try that out to see if it is.

Back then my mate used to call it kush lol! This was before I'd smoked any of the OG's.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
rhys

im prety sure they were given the ssh/amnesia cutting towards the end of them being around
the smell was geting these guys busted and robbed left right centre
our crew has access to that cut and im sure some it was passed to them

yes it was always sticky damp buds they put out

we got some privilaged dry 1's ocasionaly becuase we were geting so much and one of these batches had the seeds in i popped

like i said before these guys were big,the biggest ive ever heard about or in eu for sure
maybe the mexicans might give these guys a run for thier money lol but thats about it

i wish we had organization like they did

im surprised these guys didnt flock to holland after the uk
that would be perfect for them

peace

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran

Whats their preferred medium/nuts now? or do they each do their own thing,

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they always used bio bizz soil and alot of bloom nutrients and also some canadian products which brought me to the realisation they must of come from canada or why would you be using canadian produtcs

i remeber them using earth juice and bcuzz bloom stims for sure but to be honest it was many years ago and memory is not what it used to be

that was the good thing about these guys they were growing in bio bizz soil so it was prety good for some comercial stuff

peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
another thing we noticed with these guys over the years is
these guys are smuggled into the country then they have to do x amount of grows to pay the debt

then all of a sudden we started geting viets in our local shops and we realised after they were set free they would start thier own grow away from the gang and because it was not part of the gang they could not use thier warehouse to get equipment etc

peace

woolybear

Veteran
hi rhys
we use to call it church

peace

thanks for the backstory ojd... definitely a few people on icmag are running the sssdh/north london church aka xmas special, including me!

So are the vietnamese guys still there or did they make their $$$$ and go back home? :)

edit: interesting you note the small fruity nuggets.... 'm wondering if that cutting has dwarf tendencies... my plants have small leaves which are dwarfed in size my by diesel plants. i like small nuggets, hopefully i get a ton of nice ones!

staryout

I do love all these cheese stories, I just wish they wouldnt stop me working half the day! Anyone know much about so called Critical Cheese by any chance?

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
they always used bio bizz soil and alot of bloom nutrients and also some canadian products which brought me to the realisation they must of come from canada or why would you be using canadian produtcs

i remeber them using earth juice and bcuzz bloom stims for sure but to be honest it was many years ago and memory is not what it used to be

that was the good thing about these guys they were growing in bio bizz soil so it was prety good for some comercial stuff

peace

Yeah they defintiely came from Canada - and I think you're right about them bringing genetics with them. Alot of the commercial "beasters" I used to see on overgrow back in the day looked a lot like the wet viet weed.

I always wondered why they used soil as opposed to hydro - surely hydro is quicker and easier to manage on the scale they do it?

Some poor fucker has to hand water 1000 pots! :bump:

H

Hoover_lungz

What happened to cheesy?

He'll be missed.

Unfortunatly Cheesey will not be with us anymore and for those who got seeds of him for test grows, enjoy them coz i think thats the last you will see from my good friend Cheesey.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
:( Not good news at all mate! If you have further contact with him let him know I wish him the best mate please. Cheers Jah

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
This was posted on MNS Forums a couple of days ago:

AldoN01 said:
Hi Guys
This Post Is all about the great elite clone cheese
its my first post and will be my last dont like posting in forums
but this is just to make sence of all the cheese deception going on

Lets start by introducing myself i am aldo lived on the H.A.Z Manor for
5 years i was involved with alot of the growing on the manor
The Cheese was giving to us by a man named "of the hill" ment to be 20 odd
clones but he turned up with 18 we did not care as 18 was a good number of cuts
the man who gave us these cuts was also helping us wire a flower, veg and clone room up
as none were wired up wee had to put the cuts outside and we never took cuts of these cuts
we received but what did happen was Del who was a hobby breeder had his plants out and
knew he had a few males which were skunk no1, haze/afghan and NL
so these 3 males were all breed with 3 different cuts of cheese
so after the new year we started 30 seeds off each of the 3 crosses in the new grow rooms

afghan/haze x cheese 1
kept one mother of this cut for about 2 years
specs on this was 11 weeks flower rock hard nugs this was like
the original cheese smell the same but a weaker stone more heady

NL X Cheese 2
kept 10 mothers of this one so was passed out more
Flowered in 9 weeks same structure of the cheese but was very hairy pistil wise
stone was all body

skunk no1 x cheese 3
kept 5 mums of this
it was the same as cheese in every way strong body stone taste smell
Flowered in 9.5 weeks

we called these cheese 1,2 and 3

so the original cheese would have been very hard to come by so poeple saying
they have the original i would say they were lieing at least 99% of them any way
no cuttings were ever handed out at the raves they were handed out to poeple who were
connected to the manor thats facts so we never got to keep the original either but we definitly
smmoked alot of the original
we at the manor did not find out about how the cheese came about its name until about 3 years
later but if we new this we would have renamed it due to the fact its just skunk no1
so the poeple growing cheese 1,2 or 3 would have one of these crosses

its up to you's to think this is real or not but i know it is this is how it came about cheers for reading aldo

Assuming that this is all true, the plot gets considerably thicker!!

This guy's basically saying Exodus only kept the original cheese clone they got from "of the hill"/cheesefarmer for one run outdoors and didnt take any further clones??

Instead they crossed afg/hz, NL and sk#1 to 3 of the cuts.

They then grew out these crosses and these were what were given out at raves.

Interesting.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
That's an interesting twist to the tale, doesn't mean that the real cheese isnt still out there either just not passed along by the Exodus crew if the story is accurate... It does account for the 3 cheeses we know of though, and from the description psychosis I've heard that would make sense... The cheese and nelly I've had and that sounds about right what he says... Still all to fit to well, I kinda think we would of heard this before but can't say for sure.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
That's an interesting twist to the tale, doesn't mean that the real cheese isnt still out there either just not passed along by the Exodus crew if the story is accurate...

I agree - and I'm sure "of the hill" passed the original to others - I know he's active on another forum.

I wonder if Psychosis is infact cheese x afg/hz, just with very little haze showing through in the cross - expressing mostly skunk & afghan characteristics.

Might explain why it reminds of the old superskunks...