Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Educational Podcast

Thread Title Search
Educational Podcast Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2017, 05:42 PM #1
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
Educational Podcast

This educational podcast includes interviews with Jeff Lowenfels, Coot and yours truly.

https://www.kisorganics.com/pages/podcast

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage

Microbeman is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:59 AM #2
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
a podcast ?!! thats some next level shit! can't wait. thx microbe
PaulieWaulie is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2017, 05:44 AM #3
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud of
Very interesting!
Badfishy1 is online now Quote

Old 07-22-2017, 04:50 AM #4
J-Icky

J-Icky has a spectacular aura aboutJ-Icky has a spectacular aura aboutJ-Icky has a spectacular aura about
I was listening to the Coots one earlier today. If I understood correctly he used barley for sst's mostly because he was getting int brewing beer and it was readily available. He also made it sound like all grains have similar enzymes.
So does this mean the wheat seeds I have will work similar to the barley used by everyone. If so I'm thrilled as I can get those seeds for very cheap and the only barley I can get "locally" would be a 2 1/2 hr round trip.

Looking forward to listening to the rest of these podcasts, especially the one including our own Microbeman.

And Microbeman, thanks to the links, I listen to podcasts all day at work and these will make my next couple of days fun to work. Just wish there were more growing, anything not just cannabis, podcasts as there seem to be a ton of cannabis podcasts but only a couple about growing. The rest are just politics and talking about whats happening in legal states. You wouldn't happen to know of any podcasts that are about organic gardening, not just cannabis but regular gardening in general.
J-Icky is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:37 PM #5
Stinkhorn123

Stinkhorn123 is a jewel in the roughStinkhorn123 is a jewel in the roughStinkhorn123 is a jewel in the roughStinkhorn123 is a jewel in the roughStinkhorn123 is a jewel in the roughStinkhorn123 is a jewel in the rough
Good stuff Microbeman. Thanks for the link bro
Stinkhorn123 is offline Quote

Old 07-22-2017, 03:27 PM #6
Nico Farmer

Nico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Icky View Post
And You wouldn't happen to know of any podcasts that are about organic gardening, not just cannabis but regular gardening in general.
Yes bro, exactly, even for regulat gardening, and it make good yields.

Vegetable Garden & Super Soil: great results
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344210
Nico Farmer is online now Quote

Old 07-22-2017, 03:41 PM #7
ganjaguy66

ganjaguy66 will become famous soon enoughganjaguy66 will become famous soon enough
This is so awesome!! Thank you so much Microbeman for this. I love this subject and can't get enough info on it. I have been growing strictly organic for the past 2 years and am never going back to the bottled nutes; so to speak.
ganjaguy66 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:19 PM #8
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Icky View Post
I was listening to the Coots one earlier today. If I understood correctly he used barley for sst's mostly because he was getting int brewing beer and it was readily available. He also made it sound like all grains have similar enzymes.
So does this mean the wheat seeds I have will work similar to the barley used by everyone. If so I'm thrilled as I can get those seeds for very cheap and the only barley I can get "locally" would be a 2 1/2 hr round trip.

Looking forward to listening to the rest of these podcasts, especially the one including our own Microbeman.

And Microbeman, thanks to the links, I listen to podcasts all day at work and these will make my next couple of days fun to work. Just wish there were more growing, anything not just cannabis, podcasts as there seem to be a ton of cannabis podcasts but only a couple about growing. The rest are just politics and talking about whats happening in legal states. You wouldn't happen to know of any podcasts that are about organic gardening, not just cannabis but regular gardening in general.
Pretty sure he stated MALTED barley, but yes he said malted rye would work also leading me to believe wheat also would. So yeah take and sprout wheat and you should be golden! Have to listen to that again, soooo much stuff coming so fast hard to digest it all! His EWC sounds amazing
Badfishy1 is online now Quote

Old 07-22-2017, 11:38 PM #9
J-Icky

J-Icky has a spectacular aura aboutJ-Icky has a spectacular aura aboutJ-Icky has a spectacular aura about
At the end of the first episode he says to use whatever grain they have, and rye was an exception because of its high levels of phosphorous.

Thanks again for this link, and its awesome that the episode pages have a transcript of the episode. Makes it easy to go back and read everything to make sure you got the info right. Cant wait for more episodes of this.
J-Icky is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:50 PM #10
h.h.

h.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of light
spent grain

Nice job Tad!

I'd like to know more about using spent grain. Currently I'm getting around 100 gallons a week.
I was going to start a new thread, but figured I'd give this one a bump.

Quote:
it’s mighty sad when average health has declined to the point that people become fatally ill from exposure to a little animal shit.
Solomon, Steve; Reinheimer, Erica (2012-12-04). The Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient Dense Food (p. 271). New Society Publishers. Kindle Edition.
h.h. is offline Quote