What's new

will the hortilux super blue 1000 hps keep my plants shorter than a super hps?

T

TREE KING

im trying to cut down the stretch of my plants in flower and even when i used b-52 the first 2 weeks the plants stretched more than i wanted. i remember a while ago people talking about blueish light keeps your plants shorter so do you think switching bulbs to a super blue 1000 watt will cut down the stretch? im currently using a regular hortilux super hps.

I'd bet shorter and less yield...hps makes thicker stems and wider nodes! Nice blue mh bulb homie! Peace

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had 1 4x8 that i used the Blues, after the harvest i went out and replaced them all with the dualarc blues. just bought one of the cheaper Dual blue Seems to be just as good but time will tell.

I love them, think they really help during the last half of flower.

I still get stretch; on the Wifi#3 threw it in flower at 20" and its 54" at the end of 3rd week.

T

TREE KING

I'd bet shorter and less yield...hps makes thicker stems and wider nodes! Nice blue mh bulb homie! Peace

im talkin about the super blue hps not mh. i got plants stretching from 1' to 4' and im trying to cut that down. the plants dont form a big center cola so im thinking if there shorter it wouldnt affect yield. im actually thinking it might increase yield because the bottom leaves are falling off from not getting enough light im doing sea of green 33 plants in a 4 x 4 space

T

TREE KING

i was hoping for some more responses guys what do you think? it would be a relief if i could cut down the stretch a little

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
are you keeping temps down?

I've heard of seaweed's responsible for stretch, yet I cannot confirm this at all... just to keep in mind what products you are using start of flower.

if you want to minimize stretch, I suggest you look into a all blue LED lamp.. by far the best thing to stop stretch I've seen. It's simply amazing

T

TREE KING

are you keeping temps down?

I've heard of seaweed's responsible for stretch, yet I cannot confirm this at all... just to keep in mind what products you are using start of flower.

if you want to minimize stretch, I suggest you look into a all blue LED lamp.. by far the best thing to stop stretch I've seen. It's simply amazing

im using sensi 2 part bloom, b-52, and barricade week 1. week 2 i then start adding big bud and bud candy. right now im not able to keep temps down but even when i am id like to get the stretch down. next crop im gonna add bud ignitor the first 2 weeks to see if that helps. im not interested in led's but do you know if this blue bulb will help? im guessing yes cause blueing light keeps plants shorter supposedly right? i didnt think this question was gonna be this hard to answer

shirami

Keeping night temps up close to day temps during pre-flower will help with stretch.

I don't have any personal experience with the Horti Blues but I have heard that they help produce tighter nodes. Though I doubt it would be as much as bringing the day and night temps closer.

T

TREE KING

Keeping night temps up close to day temps during pre-flower will help with stretch.

I don't have any personal experience with the Horti Blues but I have heard that they help produce tighter nodes. Though I doubt it would be as much as bringing the day and night temps closer.

my night and day temps are similar unless its winter time so there goes that. even in veg im not liking how far apart the nodes are. i think im gonna have to get a hortilux blue for veg and flower and that should make a difference

Latest posts

Latest posts