What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bandaid Haze 7

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
bandaid haze#7 x black vietnamese

full

EnjoyingLife

I’m curious as to how the BH7 crosses come out. I think it would benefit from a bit of Thai so that’s why I went the destroyer pollen cross with it. I’m curious to the Viet you used for the same reasons. We shall see
I haven't pooped my bh7 seeds....
What makes you say it'd mix well with Thai?

olday

Veteran
I haven't pooped my bh7 seeds....
What makes you say it'd mix well with Thai?
I ran a fair amount of Thais and Thai crosses on the same run as the BH7 (clone). Both from a structure/smell/taste but more so effect perspective. I consider BH7 a great baseline long flowering Sativa cut that has been passed around far and wide so it’s a good one (and great smoke) to discuss / compare and contrast with others. In particular this run Ace’s Thai x Pan (heavy Thai leaning pheno) and CBG’s destroyer had a more euphoric and potent effect (not racy) that would lend itself well to round out the effect of the BH7 which already has some Thai in it. Obviously we don’t get to pick and choose what traits pass through but I made some small amounts of crosses from both of those to the BH7 and if any of them work out well I’ll do some more

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
@Yo Sammy crossed it with ghana variety from cbg.

olday said:
BH7 which already has some Thai in it.

well theoretically. but it doesnt smoke like thai at all... it has definitely that space out effect so typical for NLhaze. to me it is colombian haze family. it doesnt seem to me trippy much. I can read that some people comment bandaid as trippy...I dont get it.also it surprises me that you say, @olday my friend, that destroyer is not racy... while thai used in destroyer is described as tachycardic cold sweat high :D well there are a lot of colombian/mexican phenos in destroyer I read.

this is more bandaid looking pheno of bh#7 x vietnamese

full

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
bh#7 in greenhouse

full
Maha where you will put BH7 I wouldnt say that its classic Lumbo...it dosent have church incense like Jack and A5...Its more of metallic pines while burn...it reminds me on Alaskan Ice of green house or some phenos of White Widow...maybe its South Indian haze pheno...And yes its dreamy and strong nothing clear to her if its grown right.

olday

Veteran
@Yo Sammy crossed it with ghana variety from cbg.

well theoretically. but it doesnt smoke like thai at all... it has definitely that space out effect so typical for NLhaze. to me it is colombian haze family. it doesnt seem to me trippy much. I can read that some people comment bandaid as trippy...I dont get it.also it surprises me that you say, @olday my friend, that destroyer is not racy... while thai used in destroyer is described as tachycardic cold sweat high :D well there are a lot of colombian/mexican phenos in destroyer I read.

this is more bandaid looking pheno of bh#7 x vietnamese

full

To be fair, I smoke these types all the time so for it to be racy/uncomfortable to me it is probably on the extreme end. I got a couple phenos of destroyer and some people I shared it with did find it… well destroying. I agree I also get no “trippy” from the BH7 hence why I think it needs something else in there, Malawi may be a nice add as well.

olday

Veteran
and black haze does it for you?
Also no also assuming we we are talking about the CBH and others. For me it’s more along the Thai/Colombian/Haze/African lines when I get lucky and find a good one. I’m getting ready to pop a couple of yours as well but I may need to just pick one. I’ve not had a fantastic find in THH or NH yet but have only popped small numbers. My best luck has come from Ace and CBG gear so far

olday

Veteran
Keep in mind I’m not dumping on BH7, like I said I think it is a good standard to measure against and I’ve passed it around quite a bit to people who want to run a first “real Sativa” as I don’t think it’s very picky, yields well and has a nice high

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I agree I also get no “trippy” from the BH7 hence why I think it needs something else in there, Malawi may be a nice add as well.

sure man, but it would not be anything new under the sun. I mean NLhaze x malawi cross. ACE made one.. but before that tha docta, now archive seeds, made malawi gold x NLhaze F2 cross in 2003.

I would you suggest zamal instead of malawi :D

olday

Veteran
sure man, but it would not be anything new under the sun. I mean NLhaze x malawi cross. ACE made one.. but before that tha docta, now archive seeds, made malawi gold x NLhaze F2 cross in 2003.

I would you suggest zamal instead of malawi :D
KA5H from Ace was super potent but had a hybrid tripe high, straight Malawi was better. Their Panama x green OT1 was amazing and the Thai x Panama jar is getting empty quick. Zamal beans are on hand as well as some other odd Africans. I think the next one will be more haze variety heavy, IC Haze, redsnake, OT1 etc… Then a run of Africans. I like to do runs by type/region to educate myself on what I like and where it’s at

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
For sure. Just my personal opinion but Jack sucks lol.

Bandaid Haze is more like Puday/NYC Haze, Silver Haze, and Cuban Black Haze which are some of the best around/best I ever had.
so yeah. similar to classic colombian dom haze.

the cbh pheno i kept (cbh1)
had less resin less taste
less whack than the bh7
i wanted to love it but it had no happy
personality for me
the
cbh1 cut did

lovely high that lasted

i turfed more resinous tastier potent cbh s1cuts
for that same reason

not the buzz profile for me

i respect everyone else’s taste

go for it

hey man, absolutely no offense here.

but since I havent tried black haze yet, I hoped you could describe difference between black haze and bh#7 in terms how it works for you? some details you know.

Rgd

Veteran
so yeah. similar to classic colombian dom haze.

hey man, absolutely no offense here.

but since I havent tried black haze yet, I hoped you could describe difference between black haze and bh#7 in terms how it works for you? some details you know.
i only had cbh s1’s so i cannot give an opinion

my guess is that some of the cbh s1 beauties i turfed due to not being right for me
were the cbh phenos
what i liked (cbh1)was one that had no sedation had an exhilarating lasting happy high but lacked in resin , taste and could burn better
the cbh s1beauties had lots going for them
but had too much sedation for me
i still have three cbh s1 seeds

the real cut may be different

EnjoyingLife

I ran a fair amount of Thais and Thai crosses on the same run as the BH7 (clone). Both from a structure/smell/taste but more so effect perspective. I consider BH7 a great baseline long flowering Sativa cut that has been passed around far and wide so it’s a good one (and great smoke) to discuss / compare and contrast with others. In particular this run Ace’s Thai x Pan (heavy Thai leaning pheno) and CBG’s destroyer had a more euphoric and potent effect (not racy) that would lend itself well to round out the effect of the BH7 which already has some Thai in it. Obviously we don’t get to pick and choose what traits pass through but I made some small amounts of crosses from both of those to the BH7 and if any of them work out well I’ll do some more
Just noticed my previous typo, def not eating my seeds...
I have destroyer seeds not from CBG but Colorado sativas so I'm uncertain what will come out of them but now that you say this I might grow bh7 and destroyer at the same time.
I also have Katsus sour diesel ibl that I plan on crossing to destroyer and BH7 but it sounds like bh7 and destroyer will come first as I have more interest in those as I'm not set up indoors and have heard and read SD does better indoors with a temp around 80 for the best terp profile.

Latest posts

Latest posts