What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Security before Charity!!....Please Read!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's tough out here

It's tough out here

I wish I could share my grow with everyone,I take a lot of pride in it,and put a lot of work into it but can't tell anyone,like an artist whose work never gets seen.

cthulhu

no offence Gypsy, but doesn't the ICMAG server fund auction contradict this?

I just think this site is following too close in the footsteps of OG, the strong link to various popular seedbanks led to the demise of both the OG community and the seedbanks that it was affiliated with.

Skip, I know you're trying to make this site the next best thing to OG, but watch your steps. selling seeds is a very controversial activity in most parts of the world, and I'd much rather see this community run by good members generously donating funds - there is nothing illegal about someone donating funds to a site that they like, but the whole seed transaction idea is dodgy.

I believe all parties involved should seriously re-think this approach, including yourself Gypsy. I know you have been in the seed game for a long time now, and I'd think that you would have learned as a direct result of what happened at OG. the whole game could come to a sudden end should the wrong people find out about this, and if this ship sinks
you'll be in for a major loss and in some serious hot water.

All I'm saying is that this site seems to be headed in the wrong path lately. the whole seedbay/seedboutique/icmag affiliation is simply getting too deep, and I fear that eventually this may lead to another HS/OG horror story. IMHO, if this site is accepting donations from the GP, there should be a middleman involved that is not directly
affiliated with the seedbay/seedboutique operation. cut those ties, otherwise should something bad go down the results will be drastic for all parties involved.

maybe try selling T-shirts or something to raise funds, I know it sounds lame but at least it is legitimate. the seed trade industry is far from legitimate, although we all may wish it is we must open our eyes to reality and realize the risk at hand.

just my 2 cents, would be interested in hearing the staff's opinion on this.....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
no offence Gypsy, but doesn't the ICMAG server fund auction contradict this?

I just think this site is following too close in the footsteps of OG, the strong link to various popular seedbanks led to the demise of both the OG community and the seedbanks that it was affiliated with.

Skip, I know you're trying to make this site the next best thing to OG, but watch your steps. selling seeds is a very controversial activity in most parts of the world, and I'd much rather see this community run by good members generously donating funds - there is nothing illegal about someone donating funds to a site that they like, but the whole seed transaction idea is dodgy.

I believe all parties involved should seriously re-think this approach, including yourself Gypsy. I know you have been in the seed game for a long time now, and I'd think that you would have learned as a direct result of what happened at OG. the whole game could come to a sudden end should the wrong people find out about this, and if this ship sinks
you'll be in for a major loss and in some serious hot water.

All I'm saying is that this site seems to be headed in the wrong path lately. the whole seedbay/seedboutique/icmag affiliation is simply getting too deep, and I fear that eventually this may lead to another HS/OG horror story. IMHO, if this site is accepting donations from the GP, there should be a middleman involved that is not directly
affiliated with the seedbay/seedboutique operation. cut those ties, otherwise should something bad go down the results will be drastic for all parties involved.

maybe try selling T-shirts or something to raise funds, I know it sounds lame but at least it is legitimate. the seed trade industry is far from legitimate, although we all may wish it is we must open our eyes to reality and realize the risk at hand.

just my 2 cents, would be interested in hearing the staff's opinion on this.....

....well this community is here because of a seed......and it is also fueled by seeds and the plants that grow there from.......without the seeds it's not so easy to have the weed you see?

I have always been controversial, you cannot be anything else if you wish to change the way things are that you deem not right....this is the way that I do it......and it works....so if it ain't broken.....then why fix it?...

btw...this is not 'some game' as you keep refering to.....This is a serious quest to get more people growing their own good 'erb....

Justa6655321

Veteran
....well this community is here because of a seed......and it is also fueled by seeds and the plants that grow there from.......without the seeds it's not so easy to have the weed you see?

I have always been controversial, you cannot be anything else if you wish to change the way things are that you deem not right....this is the way that I do it......and it works....so if it ain't broken.....then why fix it?...

btw...this is not 'some game' as you keep refering to.....This is a serious quest to get more people growing their own good 'erb....

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? Vincent Van Gogh

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Frost

Bravo Gypsy! Without people like you the World would be a much less rich and enjoyable place. Without people like you we would all be slaves to the Man! Bravo!

tRuKemist

Thank you Gypsy! If it wasn't for you, I would be in a more dangerous position, IN MY HONEST OPINION, it is safer for myself to grow my medicine that I need versus driving into rough neighborhoods and buying my medicine from a guy with a gun!

We all put ourself in harms way for this medicine that we use, whether we live in a med state or not, that does not guarantee your safety and security!
Again thank you Gypsy for all that you do my friend!
peace,
tRu
:joint:

jdmramon

I help my fellow man when possible and as much as I wish it were not the case, there are evil people out there trying to take the easy way of busting innocent people only guilty of breaking arbitrary laws to get to the top. This said I fully support what was said here and believe in security and privacy above all else.
I am very thankful to the moderators for their time and money spent on bettering this forum and the dedicated members for the information they share.

LetsSeeYa

Gotta be safe yourself first, before putting yourself out there. But its just a shame it hurts the people that truly is deserving.................

LSY

atsapapa

always good to remember security and be aware of the scammers and others out to ruin your day,week and maybe life.

can't be too careful IMO

blastfrompast

Veteran
Gypsy:
Long shot, but any chance you still have a handmade stained glass box that someone from Canada sent you about 12yrs ago... I sent it as a token of gratitude along with a hand carved(deer antler) roach holder...You sent me a bunch of seeds from a contest for med users.

I was on OG a long time ago...under a different nickname....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Gypsy:
Long shot, but any chance you still have a handmade stained glass box that someone from Canada sent you about 12yrs ago... I sent it as a token of gratitude along with a hand carved(deer antler) roach holder...You sent me a bunch of seeds from a contest for med users.

I was on OG a long time ago...under a different nickname....

Hmmm.....no I don't believe I do..

Having moved so many times during the last 12 years, not just within the same country but internationally whilst living out of various suitcases i don't see such items within my current possesions...

bluepeace

Holy shit, that choked me up even when I knew it to be a Roose before reading! Whom ever did this is pure evil. Thanks for pulling an old post up.

B

BasementGrower

im looking to send in some gear.. for server fund.. is this going to be a problem now?