What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wmass worm castings?

Muleskinner

Veteran
found out something good yesterday - Aurora/Roots Organic has opened a new compound in upstate New York, Hudson river valley area. So the soil mixes and worm castings for the northeast are shipping out of NY, not Oregon, it's practically a local product now.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
found out something good yesterday - Aurora/Roots Organic has opened a new compound in upstate New York, Hudson river valley area. So the soil mixes and worm castings for the northeast are shipping out of NY, not Oregon, it's practically a local product now.
Hey thanks I'll try to remember to check my grow shop see which brands they have again.

I just looked at the growearthly site. I see 84 dollars for a 5 gallon bucket picked up in RI if I bring a bucket.😱 just a bit steep. 3-4 bucks a gallon is a fair price in my opinion.

Thanks Muleskiner,that is a fair price for a branded product, but I am all set on Vermicompost. I produce a few yards per year.

Attachments

• 34A001E4-E00B-4DAD-B69F-A0DB17062587.jpg
    34A001E4-E00B-4DAD-B69F-A0DB17062587.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 7A5ADACF-CDA9-4566-A1EE-1A8E02E5F0CE.jpg
    7A5ADACF-CDA9-4566-A1EE-1A8E02E5F0CE.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 55

Muleskinner

Veteran
those castings looks super nice! great use of pumpkins - how do you separate the finer castings particles from the mess in the worm bin? Is there a screen at the bottom or something?

those castings looks super nice! great use of pumpkins - how do you separate the finer castings particles from the mess in the worm bin? Is there a screen at the bottom or something?

Thank you. I have to shovel it out and manually sift it through a 1/4 inch and then 1/8. A lot of work to get the fines. ✌️