What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Competition GROW CONTEST WINNER: Noreason gardens

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
nice show as usally, [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SecretMint looking dank & dense :tiphat:
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Busto

I just love how you don't care about anything and just go straight ahead with your works and projects.

We need more people like this.

SecretMint looks yummy but I trust your words :)

techattack

Hi Noreason, i was digging the thread and the much i see the more astonished i get, is there a reason for u to put to flower in 3liters pot? Is it becuz u are only in the search of the phenotypes or u Just grown and grown and decided thats the best post size considering final harvest/pot size?

Gruru

SecretCookies x KushMints#11...I kept one pheno beacuse of its bag appeal mainly. Yes...so much resin sure carry some aroma with it and it does indeed has some dank tones, little musky, wet soil...sticky as glue. Overall aroma is not the why I kept this pheno.

I must admit this is one of the most beautiful flower shape I grown in all my life, and SeedJunky seems to work with fire stuff.

Grown it in coco and hydro...hydro looks even better than coco, has a superior bag appeal.
However it's not easy to grow...luckily enough this pheno seems to be stable under the intersex trait. I see few male sacks at internodes sometimes, but overall it's a weak trait, flowers are seedless.

Flower can take more than 3 months for a full ripe in hot environment. During winter or cold season generally it takes 75 days for a full ripe. Very cold weather 70 days and it's ready. Basically flowering is affected by temp. more than other plants I have.

Next pics are from winter...and the black is the proof. In hot environment it maybe can carry some purple, black is during the cold season.

View Image

View Image

It's clear flowers grow like little single stones, classic shape of those ''new lines'' which will naver make a big cola like old school strains. To me it's not bad at all...giant cola are no so funny as a noob would think.

View Image

Yield is not the best but I can't colpian at all. Clearly depending on flowering total days it can varies but it's on the average. Not the best not the worst.

View Image

View Image

Such fire you got the magic touch !!!!!!!

Master

Master

Wow! It took me two/three days to read all your post on this thread but i really appreciate it! Nice job..
I’m very impressed by your knowledge I’m just wondering if there’s any other thread with more technical growing information like ur system running , how you harvest , how you cure flowers and many others nice stuff that you do for sure butter than us! Hope to read more from you bra! Cheers :tiphat:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thx again to all of you for supporting :tiphat:

Hi Noreason, i was digging the thread and the much i see the more astonished i get, is there a reason for u to put to flower in 3liters pot? Is it becuz u are only in the search of the phenotypes or u Just grown and grown and decided thats the best post size considering final harvest/pot size?

Most of the time I use them to save space and let flowering more phenotypes yes, but it also happen to save vegging time, or just because I have too many plants and they will overgrow the room if transplanted in bigger pots.

Wow! It took me two/three days to read all your post on this thread but i really appreciate it! Nice job..
I’m very impressed by your knowledge I’m just wondering if there’s any other thread with more technical growing information like ur system running , how you harvest , how you cure flowers and many others nice stuff that you do for sure butter than us! Hope to read more from you bra! Cheers :tiphat:

I don't think so, I was spreading around many infos here and there and a lot of them in this thread, that's all.

Systems are described in this thread and they are simple ones, used by many other growers.

Harvest...not much to say probably...I just trim the plant fresh.

I cut only fan leaves and all those leaves without much resin and then hang to dry in a sealed room at 40 or 50% RH depending if it's cold or warm season.

Once dried, I finish the trimming with small high quality scissors, let the weed dry at 40%RH 12 hours more and finally light vacuum in quality plastic bags. Storage in the coolest place i have, perfect would be a dedicated fridge after a couple of weeks or maybe a month weed has been vacuumed, this allow a little time for enzymes to work and ''cure'' flowers at room temp, degrading mainly clorophyll.

:wave:

PS: however I probably prefer a 100% fresh trimming for quality. Being the weed fresh, thricome's heads do not fall when trimming, instead when you have a proper dried bud, heads will fall due to scissors and movements, they're fragile in this moment.

Trimming a medium dried bud, can help avoid heads falling down, but it's a pain in the ass to trim...and need more time then a fresh or dried bud.

So...finally I divided trimming phase in two steps to save time basically...and it helped me a lot.

nickman

Veteran
Friggn killer flowers bro...!!!...

I love those dark colors...!!!...
Also that bud structure is very pretty looking...!!!...

And yes, gigantic colas are no fun...!!!...that can cause mold...

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great man, Always good works and always clear in explanations

Thx my bro.. would be better to share some with all of you and smoke all together the sacred pot!

Friggn killer flowers bro...!!!...

I love those dark colors...!!!...
Also that bud structure is very pretty looking...!!!...

And yes, gigantic colas are no fun...!!!...that can cause mold...

Thx also to you buddy, I also love dark tones however it's nothing more than bag appeal and nice pictures and talking about dark colors here some more SecretMint...old pictures...hope to post the new ones soon.

This was grown in coco...cold temps...I'm fucking lazy sometimes that I say myself it's better for flushing to wait few more days. You can also see a nanner in the last pic...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last thing....about bag appeal: I noticed sometimes lot of pistils/stigmas on a bud lower its bag appeal and obviously on the other side buds with less pistils are going to look better. Do you agree folks?

Stay medicated!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Used few times floraflex pots to veg clones with a simple recirculating system with pump always on.

Once well rooted, they are moved in the rdwc...everything works, however plants still need few days or a week to settle down and deal with the new environment.

Couple of weeks would be perfect so they could grow their roots in the bucket full of water, but 2 weeks is too much time to wait, so basically rdwc makes not much sense to me anymore. I'll switch it off soon.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ghoul

Last thing....about bag appeal: I noticed sometimes lot of pistils/stigmas on a bud lower its bag appeal and obviously on the other side buds with less pistils are going to look better. Do you agree folks?

Almost totally agreed, but sometimes I like in some cultivar the brights orange pistils that stay on the flowers, especially if sungrowns, even if I can't say why.:)
Always a pleasure take a look at your garden, keep it green
wave.gif

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Want to share couple of rdwc pics...could be useful to someone

I found Ikea sells good plastic stuff for hydro, safe for plants and long lasting. I use them to make rdwc systems...here an example of ikea rdwc rez:

picture.php

Little air-line with an airstone to keep everything oxygenated and bubbling.

200W heater set on 20ºC.
Chiller lines (connected when cooling is needed)
Pump and modified filter.

Pump itself has a little sponge acting as a filter, then all the water need to pass trough metal mesh filter capable of blocking smaller things and keep everything clean.

Being a perfect place for bacteria growing it need to be cleaned once every couple of week to avoid flow reduction or adjusted to needs.

Filter itself is modified to have an external line I can use to discharge or fill the rez. very useful being more than 150 liters.

To be honest I'm not using it too much...

From the rez. to the bucket...diy from Ikea...I must admit Dremel helped me a lot to make it creating a precise hole for the florapot (they're not straight)

picture.php

Airline makes an U on the top of the pot as you can see...it doesn't make much more than protecting the air pump being placed on the ground, lower than water level, in the case of electricity failure.

picture.php

Water flows in the bucket from the top (the black line) and go back to the rez from the bottom.

I used grommets to keep everything in place and sealed. Probably they're the most difficult things to find, I mean the perfect ones.

Once everything is dialed in, I add fertilizers, correct pH level and wait 24 hours. If nothing has happened plants go in ready to grow roots in that perfect environment.

BTW...I try to avoid too strong bubbling, airstones should be chosen paying attention imho. We want a lot of bubbles but not too strong to make roots unhappy.

picture.php

And a random pic

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trimming...

Here in the second trimming phase, when flowers are dry and I just insure to remove bad looking leaves.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WeddingCake x Triangle Kush

Coco grown, used canna coco A+B, couple of pinch of mineral magic and very little acid. Water used was 80% RO and 20% tap.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Secret Mint...end of flowering...same water and nutes.

picture.php

Btw...please ask before use my pics as I don't give a fuck generally but please don't use them to describe other strains that have nothing to do with the pics...you fuckers! Thanks.

Sante

In DoPa
WeddingCake x Triangle Kush

Coco grown, used canna coco A+B, couple of pinch of mineral magic and very little acid. Water used was 80% RO and 20% tap.

Amazing plants, as usual!
What do you mean with "acid" pH- acid or something elese?
If I am not wrong in the past you tried canna booster too, have you finally quit that?

And what's abaut mineral magic? I know that GHE recommend to use that just till pre flowering stage, I suppose to not negatively affect the flavour, had you
ever notice that?
Bella!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Imma start growing in coco deffo.

Nice to see you going hard as always, learned the impossible here

Thank you bro :tiphat:

Amazing plants, as usual!
What do you mean with "acid" pH- acid or something elese?
If I am not wrong in the past you tried canna booster too, have you finally quit that?

And what's abaut mineral magic? I know that GHE recommend to use that just till pre flowering stage, I suppose to not negatively affect the flavour, had you
ever notice that?
Bella!

Yep I mean regular P acid...canna booster...didn't notice nothing really different.

Mineral magic...I really use a pinch of it, very tiny amount so I guess it's not going to affect taste more then other minerals present, or at least I can't tell. However...if taste is my only target...I would go with supersoil or some kind of organic balanced mix and when I say organic I really mean organic...and if possible...sun :)

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not so many days ago I read a thread about hop latent viroid on here, thanks Ilsognatore btw...basically I just needed few minutes to recognize same sympthoms on several moms in my stock.

So basically bad news...I thrown every single mom I had even if not all of them were affected, I didn't want to risk it. Sanitize everything, ozone ''fumigations'', throw away stuff and bla bla bla...

I'm sad because I also passed few clones to few friends and this fuck me up more than everything, sorry guys it was my fault and all of you have been alerted.

Mom list is now empty, I will not buy or get any clones anymore. I sprouted few seeds and started again my own selection and I will take into account prevention measures to avoid contamination of anything in the future.

On the other side I'm happy because I finally found what was the issue with some plants I wasn't figuring out. Hard to handle but at least I can avoid the same error again...and long-term speaking this is more important.

I'll try to post some informative pictures along some random information I noticed in my growrooms, just need some time to make it. Hope they will help someone else like me.

Latest posts

Latest posts