What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just finished first cab

Organic joe

Ok I just finished my first cab its 14"wide by 14"long and 32"high there is a total of 147 watts in it
I have five cfls in there 26 watts a piece 2- 6500k and 3- 2700k
They are at the top of the cab
I also have one 17 watt 24" t8 7800k and its run vertically down the wall
I'm thinking of getting another t8 for the opposite side
There is a built in carbon filter on top of the cab above the light with a four inch inline duct fan (80cfm) used for the exhaust and four 3/4" intake ports at the bottom of the cab
Lights on im maintaining temps no higher than 76*f and lights off no lower than 62*f

I can't afford any good strain seeds at the moment so I'm going to run some bag seed for my first go around I've decided to go with the hempy buckets using maxibloom for my nutes I'm just waiting on the seeds to pop now
I'll get some pics up soon

Any feed back is greatly appreciated so thanks in advance for you advice

Later
oj

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Your intake area sounds dangerously weak but, you seem to be getting away with it. Conventional wisdom suggests sixty (60) 3/4" holes for intake.

Hardest lesson on the first grow is keeping hands off. You want to try it soooooo bad. Leave some popcorn down below to sample along the way. Look into LST and ScrOG to control height.

Organic joe

I'll get a few pics up tomorrow after noon but my camera is broke and all I have to take pics with at the moment is my phone so they won't be of very good quality
And when you say I should have 60 3/4 inch intake ports is that cause of the 80cfm fan or the sq ft?
If its cause of the fan I dont think its really 80 cfm thats what the box said but after the carbon filter and the fact that its a cheap 14 dollar 4 inch air duct booster fan I dont really think it is a true 80 cfm fan

Organic joe

Also I have four nails 21 inches up from the bottom to put a board on for the seedlings to be closer to the lights I'll lower them as they grow and the nails will also hold my screen when its time for it I'm going to start out with several seedlings to sex but end with only one plant

Organic joe

Cab pics if I can figure this out

Cab pics if I can figure this out

Well I was going to upload some pictures to this thread but I font have internet at home at the moment so I'm on my phone and I can't figured out how to do it but I did get them upload ed to my album

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Ventilation for dummies says intake=2X exhaust. (Slightly more than you actually need but it's the easiest, fastest, math free solution) Use an X" hole saw and punch 3 holes, one at top, two at bottom. It will take sixty holes at 3/4 inch to equal two holes at 4"

Organic joe

Ventilation for dummies says intake=2X exhaust. (Slightly more than you actually need but it's the easiest, fastest, math free solution) Use an X" hole saw and punch 3 holes, one at top, two at bottom. It will take sixty holes at 3/4 inch to equal two holes at 4"

I remember reading that somewhere on here I think I even wrote it down in my note book thanks for the memory booster I'll fix it when I go home tonight

Organic joe

Ok well I have just put four bag seed in water bottles the hempy way and started day one of 18/6 I took a couple pics but they are real shitty I need to get my camera fixed oh well there isn't anything to see yet any way so il update next week on day seven hopefully then they will look better than now

Organic joe

well sorry it took so long to get pics to the thread ill post some plant pics here soon in a week or two
i know the cab looks shitty but its just a get some experience before i spend money on tents and hids kinda thing
and the pics were taken with a phone my camera is broke i need to get a new one

picture.php

here is my cab sorry about the shitty pics its 14"x14"x32"

picture.php

here is the lights up top i think im going to change them soon to be pointing down and put them on a bar so i can raise and lower them
picture.php

thats one t8 im going to put another one on the other side that way i only have to do a quarter turn a day

picture.php

here is my homade carbon filter that my exhaust fan sits on
picture.php

here is the floor before i changed the intake i put in two four inch holes at the bottom just need to figure out what to do about light leaks

H

HighPlainsToker

Nothing wrong with a little ghetto as long as it works. Keep us updated!

Larc

Looks like you have everything you need. First grows are always a little ghetto! The second grow is where you have learned the mistakes and slowly de-ghetto your cab.

I would add intake holes though and a better camera so we can drool at your bud shots in 2 months =D

Organic joe

picture.php

picture.php

Day 7 18/6
I think I fried my fan I know it took a shit on me and my temps are getting in the 90s
The pic is hard to see but there are three sets of leaves just no growth I think its due to the high temps I ordered a new fan so hopefully it will be here soon
I gave the two plants some half strength maxibloom so we will see it that helps any

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words hopefully these two plants will take off soon
I think got my next cab im just going to buy a 3x3 tent and use it for flowering and use this one for clones or something

Im sure they will. Using that cab will be great for seeds and clones. Im in the middle of building my 3x3x4 cab for my mothers and clones. My flower room will be 4x4x5. I'll be starting a thread in a couple of days to show it all off. A 600w would fit perfect in a 3x3 tent.