What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where there's smoke, there's moonshine!

zenoonez

Veteran
Sounds delish. I have always had corn mash shine but I have heard good things about using cane, something I would love to experiment with myself.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
anybody else had any 'shine? had various ones including a "grappa"-style one, ripped my face off

zenoonez

Veteran
anybody else had any 'shine? had various ones including a "grappa"-style one, ripped my face off

can't say that I have knowingly had any grappa style shine but grappa is some great stuff. i have had something like shine made from sour apples like wild crabapples or something like that. it was really really dry on finish, kind of strange but in a good way.

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
i love a few shots of shine woooooo fun times if ya pour a shot and it dont flame....your not drinkin shine :woohoo:

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Ive always had corn moonshine.. Shit made my brain just hurt way too much.. A few mouth fulls and you were good for awhile tho...

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
That sounded good, I've been wanting to try & make some Grappa ;) I think I'll expand my melon patch next year. Melon pruno anyone? lol

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
i always heard about "swish" when i was younger, think it might be east-coast canadian. then there's "screech" ...

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
pretty basic settups out there, just make the mash , let ferment, then boil it to distill it and collect the steam , ya can double distill it for uber potent shine, its easier and faster than growing weed, you can use pretty much anything from apples to zuchinni

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
I once knew an old guy who made the best white lightnin' you ever did drink.....smooth, tasteless and clean....no hangovers, ever.

Used to sell it fer $10 a liter, cut to 50% (100 proof).

Problem with making yer own hard stuff is you tend to drink way too much of it....this chap is a good case in point.

He's dead....liver cancer.

So make yer rocket fuel iffen you like, but be careful an don't let it git too friendly.

C

Cookie monster

We use potatoes over here to make moonshine, we call it poteen and the stuff is truely evil.