What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spiral pump for outdoor watering

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Has anybody seen these before? I wandered across this page, I'm not even sure how I think I was deep down a wiki hole. I feel like something like this could be insanely useful for providing water to an outdoor grow. It's too obvious an installation for a guerilla grow though.
https://lurkertech.com/water/pump/tailer/
Summary: A spiral pump, first invented in 1746, has been recreated and tested at Windfarm Museum using lightweight and inexpensive modern materials. A 6 foot diameter wheel with 160 feet of 1-1/4 inch inside diameter flexible polyethylene pipe is able to pump 3,900 gallons of water per day to a 40 foot head with a peripheral speed of 3 feet per second. With its low torque requirements, the pump is particularly suited to be mounted on and driven by a paddle wheel in a current of two feet per second or greater. This easily built, low maintenance spiral pump can be used to provide water without the need for fuel wherever there is a flowing stream or river. It can also be hand turned or otherwise driven to provide a low cost, efficient pump.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's genius as funk!

I though I was going to see a different kind of spiral wheel irrigation device like what is on display at the botanical garden in Cheyenne Wyoming.