What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bodhi or Exotic Genetix?

Huxley$$

New user here! I just finished white knuckling it through my last 2 weeks of a Ghost Train Haze grow and I’m suffering from a serious case of PTSD (anyone that’s grown it will understand) Whoever said GTH is “moderately” difficult to grow and finishes in 8-10 weeks is batshit crazy and outright delusional. Anyway I’d like something that doesn’t grow 10 ft tall that finishes in 8-9 weeks for my next go-roun. For some reason I’ve found myself focused on these two breeders and I’d like some opinions about each. First let me say I have no problem paying a premium for connoisseur genetics but does that equate to quality/stability or is it mostly marketing? Is one worth $150 while the one beside it is $60? When it comes down to it quality is the only thing that really matters to me. Here’s what I have in the Vault at the moment:

Bhodi
Hollyweed
Black Triangle
Granola funk
Dream Lotus

Exotic Genetix
Grease Monkey

I also have some Symbiotic and Ethos gear (Mimosa, Citral Glue, Mandarin Cookies and Zsweet Inzanity) if anyone would like to chime in on those. I like extremes so a fruity one for my wife and a stank ass light up the room “WTF is that smell” one for me. I’m going to pick two strains and roll with those for this next run. I’ve been looking at some of the Bodhi strawberry or cherry crosses or Exotic’s Mint chocolate Chip/Cookies and cream creations. Please please PLEASE be a somewhat fast finisher (after the pheno hunt of course!!)

kro-magnon

Veteran
I would go with Bodhi seeds, all I've grow from him was really good quality. You should pop your Holyweed or Black Triangle there is some very good plants in those lines.
I have no experience with Exotix gen so I can't compare but Bodhi seeds always have keepers.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Meant to say I think strawberry phenos have been found in the Goji if I remember correctly

JetLife175

Veteran
I’ve grown black triangle and G-Funk from Bodhi and both were great.

The black triangle put out some really killer phenos. The TK and 88G13/HP pair amazingly well in that cross. OG type plants with hashy undertones and better yields than the TK itself.

I REALLY liked the Granola funk. It a really good spin on the forum cut. The Wookies used really brought out some more potency and vigor into the cross. If you like the forum cookies I highly recommend popping that pack.

Huxley$$

I think that's my dilemma. Absent all other factors if we focus on aroma alone It's easy to interpret what Chocolate orange cream is going to smell like but how do I wrap my head around something like Terpenado? I cant find a whole lot of info on most of the fruity crosses he uses. It seems silly but most of these breeders websites make you want to part with your cash at an alarming rate. I feel like buying a pack of every Bodhi offering from GLG and having one MASSIVE pheno hunt just to drill down and document everything on each strain.

(S)eismic

Hard to go wrong with Bodhi, I really enjoyed running his big sur holy weed and clusterfunk. The bshw was throwing out some really interesting honey flavors.

Still got his Whitegold and Malawi/Snow Lotus that I got to run.

Badfishy1

New user here! I just finished white knuckling it through my last 2 weeks of a Ghost Train Haze grow and I’m suffering from a serious case of PTSD (anyone that’s grown it will understand) Whoever said GTH is “moderately” difficult to grow and finishes in 8-10 weeks is batshit crazy and outright delusional. Anyway I’d like something that doesn’t grow 10 ft tall that finishes in 8-9 weeks for my next go-roun. For some reason I’ve found myself focused on these two breeders and I’d like some opinions about each. First let me say I have no problem paying a premium for connoisseur genetics but does that equate to quality/stability or is it mostly marketing? Is one worth $150 while the one beside it is $60? When it comes down to it quality is the only thing that really matters to me. Here’s what I have in the Vault at the moment:

Bhodi
Hollyweed
Black Triangle
Granola funk
Dream Lotus

Exotic Genetix
Grease Monkey

I also have some Symbiotic and Ethos gear (Mimosa, Citral Glue, Mandarin Cookies and Zsweet Inzanity) if anyone would like to chime in on those. I like extremes so a fruity one for my wife and a stank ass light up the room “WTF is that smell” one for me. I’m going to pick two strains and roll with those for this next run. I’ve been looking at some of the Bodhi strawberry or cherry crosses or Exotic’s Mint chocolate Chip/Cookies and cream creations. Please please PLEASE be a somewhat fast finisher (after the pheno hunt of course!!)

Packerfan has grown out the granola funk and black triangle if memory serves me correctly. He may have some advice for you

Cannavore

Veteran
i think most people around here know i like bodhi's work a lot but even from a price perspective you could get 2 packs of bodhi's gear and probably even a freebie pack for the price of one pack of exotic's gear. to me that always plays a role in what i pick up cuz id rather go through a larger pool than just a pack if it's something that interests me.

highsteppa

Veteran
Never grew any exotic from seed but we have a great grease monkey cut. Tested at 30% and smells like a mix of glue and cookie strains. Pita to trim as it mucks up the shears fast.

Bodhi...love the blueberry hashplant love love love our cut. Yeilds, super dense. Like blue dream with some dark hasplant twang, mold resistant as well. Smoke is incense.

Also Prayer tower sativa, great stuff. Super heady and clear positive buzz. Goes without saying, but bodhi is great seed resource.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bodhi's chem's crossed to the 88G13/HP male will give ya the stanky stank.
The Chem Keesey I did last season came out nice with dense buds that didn't stretch like a Haze variety will. I grew them OD but they'll easily fit under some lamps ID. Out of 4 plants, 1 was about as burnt rubber gassy smelling as I've experienced and the high from it is killer. It will cause one to take a nap after a couple puffs. The flavors are right there with some decent OG/Chem crosses leaning toward the chem profiles. The other 3 plants were also gassy but not to the same extent. This variety is an easy to grow medium sized variety that like to eat.

I've no experience with Exotic, Symbiote or Ethos but would not hesitate to drop the Symbiote gear in water the moment it arrived.

Huxley$$

i think most people around here know i like bodhi's work a lot but even from a price perspective you could get 2 packs of bodhi's gear and probably even a freebie pack for the price of one pack of exotic's gear. to me that always plays a role in what i pick up cuz id rather go through a larger pool than just a pack if it's something that interests me.

Yeah especially with GLG’s pricing at the moment. I’m conflicted gentlemen!

Huxley$$

Bodhi's chem's crossed to the 88G13/HP male will give ya the stanky stank.
The Chem Keesey I did last season came out nice with dense buds that didn't stretch like a Haze variety will. I grew them OD but they'll easily fit under some lamps ID. Out of 4 plants, 1 was about as burnt rubber gassy smelling as I've experienced and the high from it is killer. It will cause one to take a nap after a couple puffs. The flavors are right there with some decent OG/Chem crosses leaning toward the chem profiles. The other 3 plants were also gassy but not to the same extent. This variety is an easy to grow medium sized variety that like to eat.

I've no experience with Exotic, Symbiote or Ethos but would not hesitate to drop the Symbiote gear in water the moment it arrived.

I’ve heard good things about the Chem Kesey but I couldn’t find it anywhere. Maybe one of his current strains mirrors it a bit. I looked everywhere for Karma’s Headbanger as well