What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chronos bag-seed coco grow

gardener60

Whats up chronosync it has been a long time. You have some very nice plants as always. Keep up the good work. I am getting ready to come back with a better setup and i think i am going with Coco this time. happy gardening.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Hey gardener! Its good to see ya how you been?

Get some coco and try it out I feel like I'm getting a good handle on this stuff now and I think you would really like it too. Coco rocks! And has got to be one of the easiest once you've got it dialed.

I look forward to seeing more your last run was not too shabby as I recall :)

Any question feel free. Peace

gr866

Veteran
Welcome!

Dude, your setup looks so good so far and nice selections too. I'm going to have a lot of questions for you I can tell and def subbed in for the show.

Sick

Hey bud,
Your using solos, my last grow was a 12 plant semi SOG using 1 gallon Folgers plastic containers, they hold exactly 1 gallon. Would have been a nice one too except got my first case of Fungal Gnats, them little cocksuckers. Cost me maybe half my grow weight, caught them at about 4 weeks into flower, they just quit growing, finely got a handle on them about a week before harvest.
By that time they were so stunted almost composted them, but needed smoke. Did not bother the high, the Exodus Cheese was some of the best I have grown.

Here is a few pics of the 1 gallon Folgers Can coco hempys, not long before chop!

GR

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Nice! Little troopers despite the gnats!

Ever try a spinosad drench? Cap jacks deadbug. I keep it handy and spray fliers at first sight. Spray down under the canopy and around the pots too.

I plan on moving them to 1 gal ASAP.
They want food all day now. I'm actually waiting on my bloom tent to open up before they get too big!

I got these in 1 gal about to start the flush

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Hey bud,
Your using solos, my last grow was a 12 plant semi SOG using 1 gallon Folgers plastic containers, they hold exactly 1 gallon. Would have been a nice one too except got my first case of Fungal Gnats, them little cocksuckers. Cost me maybe half my grow weight, caught them at about 4 weeks into flower, they just quit growing, finely got a handle on them about a week before harvest.
By that time they were so stunted almost composted them, but needed smoke. Did not bother the high, the Exodus Cheese was some of the best I have grown.

Here is a few pics of the 1 gallon Folgers Can coco hempys, not long before chop!

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=64931&pictureid=1571442&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=64931&pictureid=1571446&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

GR

Nice! Little troopers despite the gnats!

Ever try a spinosad drench? Cap jacks deadbug. I keep it handy and spray fliers at first sight. Spray down under the canopy and around the pots too.

I plan on moving them to 1 gal ASAP.
They want food all day now. I'm actually waiting on my bloom tent to open up before they get too big!

I got these in 1 gal about to start the flush

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67072&pictureid=1627959&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67072&pictureid=1627154&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Use a product called Microbelift BMC to get rid of fungus gnats. :yes:

chronosync

Well-stoned member
28 days *** new feed ¥ canna coco

28 days *** new feed ¥ canna coco

Needed more coco so I found Canna at a local hydro store for like $22, I had to try it and also since I figured out the coco I've been using all along is NOT buffered, nowhere on the package or anywhere else does it mention it so I'm assuming if it were theyde be blabbing on about it. Roots Royals coco.....it does however boast a lower washed ec.

Seeing Canna is believing, so far. Its very consistent and I love the texture. Soft and pithy. I did find a stick in it. Hmm

I'm trying a new mix, they all seem to love it. I was a little nervous being that I've had pH issues and I'm adding all this stuff that fucks with that (pH) but its been 4, 5 days and its rockinn and Rollin pretty good. Lemme know what ya think?

1gal RO water. 50ppm
4ml Seaweed extract
1ml %7.8 Potassium Silicate solution
3ml CocoTek grow A
4ml CocoTek grow B

500ppm
1.0ec

Bwanabud

I'm using Canna Pro and love it, also running Canna A+B at 6ml per gallon,,,with 3ml of CaMg each watering. I add Epson every 3 rez fills or so, having no problems with PH...I dumped my air stones and went to a re-circ pump and the PH is very stable now.

Looking good bro, I'd be trimming the shit out of those girls,,,super crop/fimming/topping, tons more cola's.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Nice garden Cronosync! Looks like you picked right up on coco! For me coco has been the hardest method. I finally got some good results. It seems like the Botanicare nutrients do not do to well with coco. I think I am going to do a side by side with compost teas and Cannacoco feed and see what happens.

Cheers!

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Sounds gud bwana glad to hear ya getting it nailed down. Diggin the coco yet or what?

Ya I'm kinda in limbo here now with what to do......normally I'd be topping them and all that, I mean its not too late I can have them doubled in a few weeks.......12-16 branches easy in no time, especially now they are vegging hard, I almost wish they would slow down a bit until my other light opens up. Gonna clean that tent, get them on HID and flip rightsap, probably with a few other plants I want to see what they do too..... I also have 5 og (unknown) kush right behind and ready to be topped just like these weirdos.....

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Nice garden Cronosync! Looks like you picked right up on coco! For me coco has been the hardest method. I finally got some good results. It seems like the Botanicare nutrients do not do to well with coco. I think I am going to do a side by side with compost teas and Cannacoco feed and see what happens.

Cheers!

Thanks lester! As its the only method I've tried I can't say its easier than anything but......BUT once it clicked! I found out that basic is better and by keeping everything as stupid as possible for myself, I'm on the straight and narrow and learned by doing, not to mention all the good help I've got here. You've def steered me in a few crucial directions whether yr aware of it or not. So thanks man! I'd love to see a side by side, how are you doing it now, Canna? You've tried compost tea in coco? I'm slowly building my adds to I corporate organics into coco. First step was kelp. Any questions coco related, feel free :) I'm no coco master but I know what I know and always try to help

Bwanabud

Sounds gud bwana glad to hear ya getting it nailed down. Diggin the coco yet or what?

Ya I'm kinda in limbo here now with what to do......normally I'd be topping them and all that, I mean its not too late I can have them doubled in a few weeks.......12-16 branches easy in no time, especially now they are vegging hard, I almost wish they would slow down a bit until my other light opens up. Gonna clean that tent, get them on HID and flip rightsap, probably with a few other plants I want to see what they do too..... I also have 5 og (unknown) kush right behind and ready to be topped just like these weirdos.....

I'm liking the coco, it's very stable...but need to finish out a couple rooms to know for sure. Normally they'll grow out the new shoots in 3-4 days, if you've got time I'd add some tops...they are going to stretch anyway.

Mystic Funk

Nice job on the grow chrono. plants are looking great!

i'll have to try your cloning method. looks very simple.
do you keep a dome over them?

i'll be watching to see how they turn out in the end...

good luck!
-mystic :tiphat:

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Yea bwana they're going to stretch and I don't even know.....a few are getting too tall already anyways....you think if I top once more they can still deal with about 1sqft? I really didn't want to end up with too many plants again..,..but I did.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Nice job on the grow chrono. plants are looking great!

i'll have to try your cloning method. looks very simple.
do you keep a dome over them?

i'll be watching to see how they turn out in the end...

good luck!
-mystic :tiphat:

Thanks muchly! We shall see we shall see.

Cloning this time:
No dome, no misting, just placed out of the way in my veg tent and mostly ignored. My little hygrometer tells me it was around %75+ so all I had to do was wait. I've tried getting fancy but no other luck really.

Bwanabud

Yea bwana they're going to stretch and I don't even know.....a few are getting too tall already anyways....you think if I top once more they can still deal with about 1sqft? I really didn't want to end up with too many plants again..,..but I did.

I'd top them bitches in a blink, stuff em in small tomato cages or a scrog :biggrin:...then fim the shit out of them to slow down the stretch...you'll be good to go. I run 30-35 cola's on all of my plants, and clean the bottom/middle stuff out...I'd don't want popcorn buds.

I go for max gram per watt, if I'm tending them they'd better produce good quality and yield...or I'll cut every baby clone down like a lawnmower in Mom's rose garden :tiphat:

chronosync

Well-stoned member
OK then I'll give it a good look at tomorrow and see what gives... If anything I can cut them down again like I did in the first. What do you think should I half them once more?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Canna coco is the knee bees. But yes, the odd stick. Not as bad as HP but it is annoying to pick out (I are that anal).

I have a friend(ish) who advocates longer pith fibres (filtres out the fines) but have yet to give it a whirl. Seems.. labourish and low yield but he uses another brand.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Pith is good in coco. But even the crsppy brand I had was good stuff, even at the end of the bag when it gets sifted down and much finer. Canna is like velvet with tooth. Nice stuff.

I could see going through and grading coco for certain applications. Like maybe a very special no till or full term mix or something

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Still veggin ... More leaf issues .... To be Continued: Solution Topped

Still veggin ... More leaf issues .... To be Continued: Solution Topped

Plants are doing great, more or less, except for this horrible death curl that took some leaves. Idk maybe I did too much at once, new coco, transplanting, moving to HPS, and going right into a new mix..... Next post is my fix and see where we go from here.

Latest posts

Latest posts