What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OBAMA AND WEED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
So many folks that believe the bullshit, and are glad to show their ignorance, rather humorous.

My senator, is a Christian, his father was raised muslim I think, but was agnostic, in other words, not a religious person.

He gave a speech against the war when he was running for the senate in 2002, in Chicago. This is on record, he made the right decision, against the war, when hillary and mclame were bending over for the bushdemon.

The guy smoked herb, quit, and is now trying to get elected pres to do the world some good. He can not be elected if he says let them grow weed, dig?

We are gonna get a new pres, wouldn't it be better to have the guy who has smoked herb, in hawaii, growing up?
H

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
KINGPIFF said:
He is a Muslim. He even said it himself. He's also a distant cousin of George Bush and Dick Cheney. He's also a liar, saying how he voted against the Iraq war when he wasn't even a member of the senate. When he was in Senate he voted to fund the war, liar indeed. If Obama is president be prepared for a National I.D. card, a North American Union, higher taxes, shitty medical coverage, shit load of illegal immigrants because he supports the welfare state, I could go on and on. It would be such a sad day to see this man elected president.
Please tell me...... WHICH ONE RUNNING WON'T DO THE THINGS U SAID??????

NONE... YOu think "Clinton" is better than Obama??? HELL... she voted FOR the war and she is PART OF THE POWER STRUCTURE WE NEED TO DESTROY IN WA. D.C.

At least Obama will be "faced with a choice"... join the secert ROCKEFELLER/INTERNATIONAL BANKER power kabal.. or NOT and suffer the risks...

HOPEFULLY HE WILL CHOOSE WISELY.. But McNuts and Clinton or Huck or the rest.. HAVE ALL READY PLEGDED ALEGIANCE.. screw them...

RON PAUL IS THE REAL ANSWER TO AMERICAS PROBLEMS...
But Americans are pure stupid.. and played like fiddles by the media...go figure..

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
I truly believe if enough people that are pro-marijuana and make a rise to change are laws they will be met who ever is the president.. some will be more easy then others to change are laws on marijuana but also some will be the opposite very hard to get to change the laws but what you need to think is NO MATTER who is the president and if there for marijuana thats just 1 PERSON that has a say in it and A BIG SAY aswell. But senate i believe can over-ride a veto by the president if there are 2/3 agianst what his veto states.
So senate is a big part of the issue too people

Ripcord

KINGPIFF said:
He is a Muslim. He even said it himself. He's also a distant cousin of George Bush and Dick Cheney. He's also a liar, saying how he voted against the Iraq war when he wasn't even a member of the senate. When he was in Senate he voted to fund the war, liar indeed. If Obama is president be prepared for a National I.D. card, a North American Union, higher taxes, shitty medical coverage, shit load of illegal immigrants because he supports the welfare state, I could go on and on. It would be such a sad day to see this man elected president.

Wow. Just wow. Glad this is my 50th post.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
bergerbuddy said:
NONE... YOu think "Clinton" is better than Obama??? HELL... she voted FOR the war and she is PART OF THE POWER STRUCTURE WE NEED TO DESTROY IN WA. D.C.

I would put it this way instead. There's a power structure in place in Washington D.C that does not depend on elections for power. They never leave office, because they do not hold office. They influence the office with money, lobbying, and a network of "friends" that are in all the major national institutions. They're in the Senate, the Congress, the Military, the Oil Industry, etc. They're very much involved in the election process though, trying to get a suitable puppet in place. Whenever the wrong guy wins, they go into damage control mode. They 'contain' the President, his administration and reforms by blocking his moves, restraining his influence, make his politics fail, etc. This has happened to many Presidents that has taken office from outside the power structure. They arrive at the White House and they think they run the country, but in fact they find that many doors are closed and they can't get things done.

You can't get rid of these guys unless you literally stage a revolution. A President simply hasn't got the authority to clean house in that sense, and luckily he/she doesn't, because it would mean an all-powerful President that can do exactly what he/she wants, in other words a Dictator. What a President can do is to replace some off these people with his own people successively as they drop off, but it's a slow process and not even two mandates is enough for that.

Sometimes, things get out of hand. Like with the Kennedys. I believe John F got killed because of Robert F's war on the power structure, and Robert F got killed because of himself. Normally it doesn't come to that, but if things get really cranky and the President just doesn't want to play the game, it will.

Now, the only way to fight these guys with the means avaible is to create your own power structure in order to counter balance their influence. Which means you need lots of friends in Washington. It doesn't matter if the American people is behind you, you have to know your way around D.C, which men's room to use and not to use, what palms to grease, etc.

What's particular about Obama is that he's even more an outsider than some of the other Presidents that have tried to rock the boat, such as John F Kennedy, Jimmy Carter, or a young Bill Clinton. He's got no money, no influential family behind him (I mean let's face it, G.W Bush would have at the most become a McDonald's store Manager if his family had not been there to coach him through life), no friends in the right positions. He's so totally out of Washington that 'they' probably like him, because they know he's a lightweight and can be easily controlled.

That's right. The bad guys are probably happy with an Obama vs McCain scenario. Those they were concerned about have already dropped out, or are dropping out.

Don't get me wrong. I like Obama. He can seduce a crowd, he dresses well, he can dance, he only says good things, only want to do good things. He uses the "Change" word a lot, and if he gets elected President, he will probably kick the country into a state of short-lived euphoria. But... it's not going to do squat against Sauron and his Orc Army, unless he's got a magic stick with real power, and he doesn't.

Because this is not fiction, it's real life.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Rosy Cheeks said:
I would put it this way instead. There's a power structure in place in Washington D.C that does not depend on elections for power. They never leave office, because they do not hold office. They influence the office with money, lobbying, and a network of "friends" that are in all the major national institutions. They're in the Senate, the Congress, the Military, the Oil Industry, etc. They're very much involved in the election process though, trying to get a suitable puppet in place. Whenever the wrong guy wins, they go into damage control mode. They 'contain' the President, his administration and reforms by blocking his moves, restraining his influence, make his politics fail, etc. This has happened to many Presidents that has taken office from outside the power structure. They arrive at the White House and they think they run the country, but in fact they find that many doors are closed and they can't get things done.

You can't get rid of these guys unless you literally stage a revolution. A President simply hasn't got the authority to clean house in that sense, and luckily he/she doesn't, because it would mean an all-powerful President that can do exactly what he/she wants, in other words a Dictator. What a President can do is to replace some off these people with his own people successively as they drop off, but it's a slow process and not even two mandates is enough for that.

Sometimes, things get out of hand. Like with the Kennedys. I believe John F got killed because of Robert F's war on the power structure, and Robert F got killed because of himself. Normally it doesn't come to that, but if things get really cranky and the President just doesn't want to play the game, it will.

Now, the only way to fight these guys with the means avaible is to create your own power structure in order to counter balance their influence. Which means you need lots of friends in Washington. It doesn't matter if the American people is behind you, you have to know your way around D.C, which men's room to use and not to use, what palms to grease, etc.

What's particular about Obama is that he's even more an outsider than some of the other Presidents that have tried to rock the boat, such as John F Kennedy, Jimmy Carter, or a young Bill Clinton. He's got no money, no influential family behind him (I mean let's face it, G.W Bush would have at the most become a McDonald's store Manager if his family had not been there to coach him through life), no friends in the right positions. He's so totally out of Washington that 'they' probably like him, because they know he's a lightweight and can be easily controlled.

That's right. The bad guys are probably happy with an Obama vs McCain scenario. Those they were concerned about have already dropped out, or are dropping out.

Don't get me wrong. I like Obama. He can seduce a crowd, he dresses well, he can dance, he only says good things, only want to do good things. He uses the "Change" word a lot, and if he gets elected President, he will probably kick the country into a state of short-lived euphoria. But... it's not going to do squat against Sauron and his Orc Army, unless he's got a magic stick with real power, and he doesn't.

....good post Rosy Cheeks........goes along the lines of my understanding of the network/web of power across the pond.....

....I never thought of the President as being the most powerfull person on the planet......just a front man/fall-guy for those that really control things....

Let's face it those with real power don't want us to know who they are....

sugabear_II

Veteran
I'm going to bump this cause I think I am the only one who has answered the subject of the email....

Here's where they all stand and or stood on the subject

http://www.medicalmarijuanaprocon.o...didateviews.htm

Nov. 24 said:
"My attitude is, if the science and the doctors suggest that the best palliative care and the best way to relieve pain and suffering is through medical marijuana then that's something I'm open to, because there's no difference between that and morphine when it comes to just giving people relief from pain. But I want to do it under strict guidelines. I want to make sure that it is prescribed in the same way that other painkillers or palliative drugs would be prescribed. I'm concerned about folks just kind of growing their own and saying it's for medicinal purposes, because that's kind of a slippery slope."

like it or not this is what Barak said and it is a far cry better than what McCain or Clinton have said.

Oh and then there's this piece from NORML

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7499

Obama states, "I think the war on drugs has been a failure, and I think we need to rethink and decriminalize our marijuana laws." Obama continued, saying that while he supported decriminalization, he did not support the full legalization of marijuana.

In contrast, Senator Obama appeared to oppose decriminalization in a 2007 Democratic primary debate when MSNBC moderator Tim Russert asked candidates who opposed then-candidate Senator Chris Dodd’s support of decriminalization to raise their hands. In the video, Senator Obama is seen hesitantly raising his hand halfway before quickly lowering it again.

When asked about the two different answers, Senator Obama’s campaign stated that he has "always" supported decriminalization, and that Obama misunderstood the question when he raised his hand in the debate. In that same statement, Obama’s campaign reiterated the Senator’s opposition to full legalization, but said that an Obama administration "will review drug sentences to see where we can be smarter on crime and reduce the blind and counterproductive sentencing of non-violent offenders."

"It appears Senator Obama, alone among the major candidates for the presidency, has the courage to state the obvious: it is time that we stopped treating responsible marijuana smokers like criminals," said NORML Executive Director Allen St. Pierre. "According to a recent CNN/Time Warner poll, 76% of the American people agree with Senator Obama, as well as the 48 million Americans who smoked marijuana last year."

Democratic rival Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s campaign stated that she opposes decriminalization. On the Republican side, Senator John McCain opposes decriminalization, while former Utah Governor Mitt Romney opposes both decriminalization and physician-recommended access to medical cannabis.

which the Obama campaign backed down from a little on February 8, 2008

also from NORML http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7506

Washington, DC: Senator Barack Obama’s campaign backed away from statements made last week affirming the Senator’s support for decriminalizing marijuana, after being confronted with inconsistencies in his past and present campaigns on the issue by the Washington Times.

A spokesman for Obama’s campaign blamed confusion over the meaning of decriminalization for the inconsistencies, and said that while Obama does not support decriminalization, "we are sending far too many first-time, nonviolent drug users to prison for very long periods of time, and that we should rethink those laws."

So to bring this discussion back to the topic - which was, where does Obama stand on MJ?

Well the answer seems clear that he is a probably the best chance we've had in a while to elect somebody that has actually considered the war on drugs objectively and is willing to consider changes.

Clinton says this

Hillary Clinton said:
"With respect to medical marijuana, you know I think that we have had a lot of rhetoric and the federal government has been very intent upon trying to prevent states from being able to offer that as an option for people who are in pain. I think we should be doing medical research on this. We ought to find what are the elements that claim to be existing in marijuana that might help people who are suffering from cancer and nausea-related treatments. We ought to find that out. I don't think we should decriminalize it, but we ought to do research into what, if any, medical benefits it has."
Oct. 11, 2007 Hillary Clinton

So best chance for decrim is with Obama.

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
You summed it up pretty well sugabear. What annoys me with Hillary is that whenever the decriminalisation question pops up, she side-steps it by saying that we should "think about it" and "do research" (there's more than half a century of extensive research done already, and it speaks a clear language: Cannabis is one of the most innoffensive drugs avaible).

But, you're not going to get a clear answer on that issue from neither Hillary or Obama. The race is too tight, one little slip could cost them the nomination - and the Precidency. They're both going to avoid the decriminalisation question like a hot potato.

I personally feel that both Obama or Hillary lack vision on this matter. Edwards on the other hand proposed that the question of decriminalisation of Cannabis should be taken by the Food and Drug Administration, and not by politicians.

If you think about that for a second, it makes sense. The real problem is that Cannabis has become an ideological/political question that has been blown way out of proportions. Thanks to the fact that it became a political issue during the Nixon era, USA now has a War on Drugs that costs American tax payers billions of dollars a year, a grotesque Drug Enforcement Administration with an annual budget of $ 2.5 billion and 11 000 employees, not to mention the FBI and the CIA. It's one big, powerful hamster wheel no politician can stop spinning that easily.

Had the question beeen delegated to the FDA in the first place, the decision would no longer be political, but scientific. It would fall under the Public Health Service Act. They do take orders from the White House, but they don't make decisions based on ideology, religious or prejudice beliefs, which politicians do.

G

Rosy Cheeks said:
I personally feel that both Obama or Hillary lack vision on this matter. Edwards on the other hand proposed that the question of decriminalisation of Cannabis should be taken by the Food and Drug Administration, and not by politicians.

If you think about that for a second, it makes sense. The real problem is that Cannabis has become an ideological/political question that has been blown way out of proportions. Thanks to the fact that it became a political issue during the Nixon era, USA now has a War on Drugs that costs American tax payers billions of dollars a year, a grotesque Drug Enforcement Administration with an annual budget of $ 2.5 billion and 11 000 employees, not to mention the FBI and the CIA. It's one big, powerful hamster wheel no politician can stop spinning that easily.

Had the question beeen delegated to the FDA in the first place, the decision would no longer be political, but scientific. It would fall under the Public Health Service Act. They do take orders from the White House, but they don't make decisions based on ideology, religious or prejudice beliefs, which politicians do.

The FDA is not allowed to consider positive studies on marijuana by law.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
peanutbutter said:
The FDA is not allowed to consider positive studies on marijuana by law.

If what you say is correct, it only proves the point. It's kind of like if the CIA or the NSA would not have had the right by law to concider reports that stated that the Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq were non-existent.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
Rosy Cheeks said:
... Normally it doesn't come to that, but if things get really cranky and the President just doesn't want to play the game, it will...

...it's not going to do squat against Sauron and his Orc Army, unless he's got a magic stick with real power, and he doesn't.

k+ Rosy,

as a real life example of wha Rosy posted, here's an interesting documentary, with english subtitles, the revolution will not be televised:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...231&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

peace

G

Rosy Cheeks said:
If what you say is correct, it only proves the point. It's kind of like if the CIA or the NSA would not have had the right by law to concider reports that stated that the Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq were non-existent.

It's also makes the FDA the scapegoat for gutless politicians.

G

Germanator said:
Do not mind KingPiff, he is here for Ron Paul with a small side dish of cannabis cultivation.

Ok. So... because I speak the truth and support a candidate that speaks the truth people shouldn't mind what I said? Dude you need to wake up, stop living in denial because if you don't face the facts now I am afraid you are going to be forced to face them down the road when times are really hard on your life. And whats the small side dish of cannabis about? That is the least of my worries. I don't support Ron Paul because I want Cannabis legal. Get your head out of your ass and turn off your t.v.

sugabear_II

Veteran
Rosy Cheeks said:
You summed it up pretty well sugabear. What annoys me with Hillary is that whenever the decriminalisation question pops up, she side-steps it by saying that we should "think about it" and "do research" (there's more than half a century of extensive research done already, and it speaks a clear language: Cannabis is one of the most innoffensive drugs avaible).

But, you're not going to get a clear answer on that issue from neither Hillary or Obama. The race is too tight, one little slip could cost them the nomination - and the Precidency. They're both going to avoid the decriminalisation question like a hot potato.

I totally agree that Edwards was better than both Clinton or Obama - I just think Obama has let enough little tid-bits out that tells me he is not going to continue the raids - he will leave the states alone and consider federal decrim... as you said he's not going to come out and state much publicly...

the issue died with Chris Dodd's leaving the race

BTW here is what Edwards said - from MedicalMarijuanaProCon.org again;

John Edwards, former U.S. Senator (D-NC), stated in a conversation with Clayton Holton, a volunteer for Granite Staters for Medical Marijana, on Sep. 8, 2007:

Q:"I would like to thank you for saying you would stop the raids against medical marijuana patients with their doctors' permission. I would like to ask you how you will keep patients like myself and others out of jail for using it as medicine and lesser medications that cause harmful side effects?"

John Edwards: "What I've said, for those of you who don't know what he's talking about, these raids that are being used -- you obviously follow this very closely -- these raids that are being done against patients, I will not do as President of the United States and would put a stop to. What I've also said is, I really think that we need to put the FDA [Food and Drug Administration] in charge of this instead of having -- right now it's just a political football. I think if we give the FDA the responsibility and have them determine how to treat this -- if somebody like you who needs medical marijuana to ease your pain and there's not other medications that can accomplish it, then the FDA can say that. But what we have right now is a situation where it's a huge political football, it's used for political rhetoric, and the result is a lot of people are being punished as a result. And so that's what I would do, I would put it under the responsibility of the FDA and I would stop these raids. That's what I would do."
Sep. 8, 2007 John Edwards

I really liked the way he explained what it was all about - cause lots of people don't know that the DEA is raiding MMJ clubs in cali - it just doesn't get front page news - now when the MMJ clubs put a vending machine up - CNN picks that up - but when the DEA storms a compassion club, silence.

Last edited:

greenhead

Veteran
sugabear_II said:
now when the MMJ clubs put a vending machine up - CNN picks that up , silence.

I saw some interview on tv and I believe that a rep from norml was actually not in favor of those machines.

:joint: :wave:

greenhead

Veteran
And I don't believe that the candidates that are speaking in favor of medical marijuana are actually pro-marijuana, I see them as merely pro-sick people, and they'd rather not be seen as villians, IMO.

:joint: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.