What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kidney stones - I think I'm dying. Weed ain't working

Bobby Boucher

Vibration helps. I don't know if you got a mower or tractor you can sit on. I was lucky when I passed my stones that they had already been shaken and vibrated down to smaller bits by all the high impact shit I was doing.

Maybe put a little vibrator on your bladder? Run in place? Lot of ways to vibrate.

:dunno:

I wood

So, the crowd sourced answer seems to be, drink lots of beer with lemon wedges and find yourself a roller coaster or some bumper cars.
Good luck.

yardgrazer

Can't believe I'm the first person to suggest this... but scheduled high dose ibuprofen. Obviously don't exceed the 24 hour dosage warning, but 400-500mg a few times a day should do you good until you get those things out.

Herb's good too, but scheduled ibuprofen will greatly reduce the pain.

Signed, had an excrutiating kidney stone, opiate-resistant.

Bobby Boucher

Seriously though,

Sending my strength and good vibes. I'm not a praying man, but I'll say one for you and your poor belly. Experiencing legit sympathetic pains over here.

Everyone talks about how bad it hurts to pass a stone, but nobody talks about how it feels to have one inside your body.

I was face down in my bed doing transcendental meditations for a week.

I think there might still be some Bob Ross on netflix. I've got the entire collection hooked up to my tv. Really seems to help take me away from myself when I'm with a lot of pain or nausea.

Rico Swazi

My kidney stone was only the size of a BB but felt like the size of a golf ball in my lower abdomen
I felt it when it moved into the urethra
lucky for me it kept moving as some get stuck mainly due to dehydration and the lack of volume to push it thru

They say passing a stone is akin to giving childbirth

brickweeder

The only painkiller that worked for me was demerol, but it was a one-shot deal at the hospital. That tylenol with codeine didn't do squat for the pain. My piss looked like ice tea from the oxidized blood.

Like rico, my stone was the size of a bb, but I didn't feel any pain when I pissed it out. My lower back hurt like a MF when it was lodged in the urethra. Dry heaves pain. I doubt MJ will provide any substantive pain relief.

I hope it passes soon.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Well I never seen anything get passed other than a little piece of sand.
Was supposed to be three.
But I feel back to normal now! Just slight feeling in kidney.

No more throwing up, dry heaves, or brown pee!!

Hopefully it's not stuck in some lil pocket just waiting to destroy me again. Lol

Thanks guys for your words of encouragement!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- My Dad (RIP) told me that he once got kidney stones when he was literally 'up the jungle' somewhere near Goa in India - not exactly the easiest place to find adequate medical care - so he just settled on taking opium - since it was quite cheap and abundant in India - till he could get back to the UK and the NHS to treat him weeks later - and he was VERY sick by then - he said the pain was absolutely excruciating - but the opium helped -

- so I have always worried about getting kidney stones - and not having any opium -

It's a simple laser operation that will breake you're stones and you will urinate them later. Why so much stress?I did that shit 6 years back

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I screwed around with a kidney stone once, thinking I could manage the pain. I failed miserably and almost gave myself blood poisoning. Ever pee out a blood clot? I'll take a kidney stone any day of the week over that horror.

Go to the ER, tell them you are a 3 year sober addict but need help managing the pain. They will help you.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Ah kidney stones....the exquisite pain! Too bad about not being able to use pain meds. That's all that helps me. I once had one so bad that they over dosed me on morphine at the er. The stone finally moved, the drug kicked in and i went into respiratory arrest. I felt great, but they were freakn. I also had one pulled out through the plumbing, that sucked.
You might try tylenal and ibuprofen together, my dentist claims that works for pain.

St. Phatty

So - where is the pain located ?

somewhere between the lower back and the urethra.

Does the pain move as the kidney stone moves ?

Bobby Boucher

It just felt like my bladder was scarred up from stretching. Like I had held my piss in for a week and was about to die as a result.

Pink piss and labored efforts. Pitiful looks from the girls.

Was more of a psychological torture for me than a physical one. My spirits nosedive into the ground when my dick don' work right.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Well I never seen anything get passed other than a little piece of sand.
Was supposed to be three.
But I feel back to normal now! Just slight feeling in kidney.

No more throwing up, dry heaves, or brown pee!!

Hopefully it's not stuck in some lil pocket just waiting to destroy me again. Lol

Thanks guys for your words of encouragement!

I spoke too soon..

Fuck! Pain came back. Both kidneys. Haven't had the extreme pain come back yet, but this is the worst it's been since 2-8 am on Monday.

I pulled up glue-down carpet at work today. Alot of it.

I guess all the straining has jarred them loose.

FUCK!!!!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
- My Dad (RIP) told me that he once got kidney stones when he was literally 'up the jungle' somewhere near Goa in India - not exactly the easiest place to find adequate medical care - so he just settled on taking opium - since it was quite cheap and abundant in India - till he could get back to the UK and the NHS to treat him weeks later - and he was VERY sick by then - he said the pain was absolutely excruciating - but the opium helped -

- so I have always worried about getting kidney stones - and not having any opium -

Ever since I got clean from the opiates, I have really worried about getting hurt. I just can't take that risk right now.

But I wish I could, it would probably work alot better than ibuprofen.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I screwed around with a kidney stone once, thinking I could manage the pain. I failed miserably and almost gave myself blood poisoning. Ever pee out a blood clot? I'll take a kidney stone any day of the week over that horror.

Go to the ER, tell them you are a 3 year sober addict but need help managing the pain. They will help you.

I did that on Friday.
They gave me a shot of something non opioid.
I don't know if worked or if the pain just started going away. Especially now that I know this pain comes and goes, even after 3-4 painfree days.

I took my last FlowMax pill this morning.
I guess I need to go the doctor today and get a refill, he said he can give me a non narcotic for the pain.
I wish he'd give me something to break them up.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did that on Friday.
They gave me a shot of something non opioid.
I don't know if worked or if the pain just started going away. Especially now that I know this pain comes and goes, even after 3-4 painfree days.

I took my last FlowMax pill this morning.
I guess I need to go the doctor today and get a refill, he said he can give me a non narcotic for the pain.

Have your primary send you to a urologist and have them do either the laser treatment or an ultrasound bath.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor

That would be lithotripsy & unfortunately it is not a pill. I have had the procedure 3 times to break up stones since I don't ever pass them. I just collect.

If you do pass one & you can collect it, you can take it to a urologist to analyse, which can point to why you are producing them. In my case, it was a benign tumor on a parathyroid gland that was creating an over-production of calcium. A quick slice & dice & that was gone which has stopped my kidney stone machine. Of course, I still have a few old ones (2 in left kidney, 1 in right) which occasionally remind me of their presence.

Good luck. In my case nothing worked for the pain except a bag of Demerol. No amount of cannabis worked & even Oxys barely scratched the surface. A hot bath works for short-term relief.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
So - where is the pain located ?

somewhere between the lower back and the urethra.

Does the pain move as the kidney stone moves ?

All the pain is around the kidneys. Lower back/sides.

No where else. I barely felt the piece of sand I peed out.