What's new

Ron Paul 2012!!! Your thoughts on who we should pick for our "Cause"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Big L libertarian...

Gary Johnson To Run As Libertarian, Quit Republican Primaries

First Posted: 12/20/11 08:35 PM ET Updated: 12/20/11 08:44 PM ET

Presidential candidate Gary Johnson is dropping out of the race as a Republican, and will instead seek the nomination of the Libertarian party, according to Politico.

The move doesn't come as much of a surprise. In November, the former New Mexico governor indicated he was seriously considering running for president as a Libertarian, telling the Santa Fe New Mexican he left "abandoned" by the Republican party. "The Republican Party has left me by the wayside," he said.

Politico reports Johnson will announce his decision at a press conference in Santa Fe on Dec. 28. His Facebook page lists an event occurring that day -- which will be live-streamed -- but reveals no additional details.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
That just shows how pathetic the Libertarian Party is, if they have to take a reject from the GOP Celebrity Survivor show. I wish the Libertarians could get together. Well, at least this time there might be SOME people who know the name of Libertarian candidate- that would be a start.:good:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Johnson doesn't seem too bad, at least as governor. Two-terms, highly regarded, $billion surplus. Wouldn't mind seeing more media coverage. Will probably get less now.

bentom187

Veteran
I like a lot of Rp's views on the fed, foreign policy, the constitution.
And I am partial to a lot of libertarian views.
My problem is he's a social darwinist in the tradition of Rand.
for example, he would abolish social security. If you can't survive, well too bad, you didn't deserve it.
But life is not that black and white and I believe we need to have certain programs in place to help people.
The question is what's responsible and makes sense.

i dont think he wants to abolish the SS program,i beleive he stated that all the programs would just change from being manditory,and adding the option of getting out and saving on their own thats all.

also the money he plans to save on military spending,could feed and cloth the homless of the US and probabley the world a few times over.

the media certainly spins these things into doom and gloom,its important to read about his positions from not just the media but the man himself.

we can fix our country as long as WE THE PEOPLE take action this year.

:grouphug:

Mia

i dont think he wants to abolish the SS program,i beleive he stated that all the programs would just change from being manditory,and adding the option of getting out and saving on their own thats all.

also the money he plans to save on military spending,could feed and cloth the homless of the US and probabley the world a few times over.

the media certainly spins these things into doom and gloom,its important to read about his positions from not just the media but the man himself.

we can fix our country as long as WE THE PEOPLE take action this year.

Edit: Written

:grouphug:

That may very well be true.(edit: or maybe not? see above ^^#86)
I was shooting from the hip a bit on what I thought i remembered reading/hearing, thanks for pointing that out.
Nevertheless, i think it's fairly safe to say Rand would have none of SS and Paul is, or was, supposedly a devout follower of objectivism.
God those books were long. But pretty good.

gingerale

Veteran
So apparently if RP wins Iowa, then it doesn't count, and they are even predicting a "internet terrorist attack" on the vote in Iowa, weird, I thought that they literally counted a show of hands..oh that's right, we are due for a false flag to justify NDAA,

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that and realized that something was terribly wrong. #1 the threat from Anonymous was clearly bullshit. Not credible at all. Fabricated just like the "Iran Assassination" thing that TOTALLY dropped off the radar a few days after it came out. In other words, a fabricated propaganda piece designed to a) scare and b) provide plausible deniability in the event the establishment is caught rigging the election. "It was an agent of Anon, not me! What's that....he claims I paid him to do it? Well it's his word against mine!"

#2 Did you notice in the article they happened to mention that they would be encouraging districts to switch from a show of hands, to paper ballots, for some bullshit reason which clearly had nothing to do with potential cyber threats? The real reason: because it's a lot easier to STEAL THE ELECTION with paper ballots.

I mean, if YOU were in Iowa and went and voted, and remember everyone and their mom raising their hands for Ron Paul, and so did all your friends and relatives in various other districts, and yet somehow Romney wins? You'd be like: WTF

But if it's all on paper ballots, and the right money changes hands? Well, shucks, I guess ole Ron didn't have as much support as thought....better luck next time I guess.

This makes total sense because the PTB know that Ron Paul must be stopped as early and as quickly as possible, because he's only going to be more and more of a threat as time goes on. If he can be stopped in Iowa then he's done. But if he goes on to win 2-3 states, he's in and there's no stopping him.

Folks, LISTEN UP! Because this is VERY important.

The Powers That Be, i.e. those who control the media and everything else in this country, who are all tied in with the vast network of corruption that has seized hold of our government and country, are scared fucking shitless of a Ron Paul presidency. Witness the quiet intensity with which everyone and their mom is seeking to discredit him in any way possible. They are seriously pissing their pants right now at the possibility this guy will get in office, because they know he will do exactly what he promises--END their parasitic control over this country.

We keep hearing about how Paul isn't a "serious" candidate, how he "can't win" because the establishment wouldn't like it. Well, fuck the establishment. Nobody tells ME who to vote for, or who can and can't win.

Paul has been laughed at, then ignored for months. Now that Paul is all but certain to win Iowa in a landslide, and the elephant in the room can soon no longer be ignored, suddenly the message we're hearing is, "oh, well this just means the Iowa caucuses don't mean anything anymore." Really? What a sad, pathetically disguised attempt at intimidating the Iowan voter.

The collusion of our media with the scumbags in charge of this country disgusts me to such a degree that I find it hard to put into words. Can't wait til the day when karma catches up to these assholes.

The reality is Paul is going to go on and win this election in a landslide, with or without the Republican party. America has had enough of the tyranny. They voted in Obama in '08 expecting change. That need/desire has not evaporated...if anything it has only grown more intense. That's what people aren't understanding. This dude has so much support amongst the electorate that registered Democrats and other party voters are switching Republican just to vote for him. I even read one bullshit article where the dude tried to spin it as if people were doing this to help Obama win. Like they were going all through the trouble to switch parties and vote him, then were planning to vote for Obama instead. i.e. doing all this purposely just to get Obama back in. LOL, yeah, that makes TOTAL sense.

Gandhi said:

1. First they laugh at you
2. Then they ignore you
3. Then they fight you <--- Entering stage 3 now.
4. Then you win.

2012 is going to be one hell of a year. And this is going to be one hell of a decade. History is in the making before our eyes.

The exact making of this coming decade is in our hands, right now. It's no exaggeration to say any vote for anyone else than Ron Paul is a vote for our country's further and continued deterioration, descent into tyranny and oppression, and eventual destruction. I feel that Americans sense this, realize we can't afford another Bush/Obama or one of their clones, are now ready to put a real leader in office....but I still worry about what's to come.

It's not just about cannabis, BTW. Paul is clearly the best choice on that issue because he can (and probably would) end Prohibition quickly by rescheduling it and/or ending the DEA.

But as much as this issue affects me, we actually have much more important things going on right now....like the potential COLLAPSE of this country's economy and/or society. Don't think it can't happen? Then keep laughing and fucking around while I'm stockpiling provisions. While you're reenacting Children of Men in some urban shithole I'll be kicked back in my lil fortress with a shotgun, blazin up Haze cigars.

gingerale

Veteran
BTW, anyone wanna have a look at this data and tell me what you make of it? This tells you who's being looked up on Google, vs who's been getting the press:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=Mitt...in,+Rick+Perry&ctab=0&geo=all&date=mtd&sort=2

Lots of news articles about Romney and Gingrich, totally ignoring Paul. Yet Paul's real world support is growing more and more every day, already far eclipsing all the other candidates. Funny how that works!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Maybe folks think a Paul presidency would bring all these conspiracies to life? Just kidding.

People like Alex Jones can't possibly help Ron Paul. 90% of the country thinks Jones is bonkers. Even if Jones is making money, Paul would eventually have to face the general electorate. The general electorate doesn't dance to unfounded conspiracy theories.

Every Republican candidate faces the same, primary dilemma, when to cease fringe rhetoric and entertain the rest of the electorate. Unlike the other candidates, Paul doesn't pick up a portion of the general interest, it's all base.

Another rough aspect is the gold standard thingy. Where are the economic studies that indicate a gold standard would NOT render us economically less viable? There aren't any.

It might sound like a novel idea but only if the novel is fiction. The media doesn't squelch the message as much as the message itself is anathema to the general electorate.

Last edited:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Dr Paul is the only candidate that will beat barak ogoldman in a general.
So folks can either vote for more of the same from the last 12 years or vote for real change.
Ive yet to see a single economic study that suggests the goldman standard does not render us less viable.

Rumer

We the people(99%)unwillingly provide the monies and means for this fascist controlling government(1%) to control us.
I dont know about you but common sense leads me to believe that 99% would out number and control 1% anyday!
I think we the people need to "step" on some toes and get "in" the faces of our federal and local government's. We are letting them walk all over us and smear us into their own demise.
I believe Ron Paul is our only chance......he's genuine but scary, because he tells you how it is, the truth! And I like that............

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
I support Ron Paul, but he has no chance in the general...

And it's all about money. The 1% invest the money necessary for the candidate they want to win. Once elected the candidate is beholden to his/her investors...

Until we get all money out of politics and elections we are just sheep :cry:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Wouldn't be surprised if one of the media turn offs is the reactionary response to relevant inquiry.

The idea that the media turns a deaf ear to Paul lends the impression that the primary electorate is under-informed. Yet, the voters are generally open enough to listen to ideas. If people get the impression that learning more requires already being on board, they may be less likely to consider.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
i tend to disagree...
in the general republitards will vote for anything but O so RP won't be loosing any R votes.
the difference is that RP will pull undecideds and a small portion of O voters who dig RP or are just plain disgusted with MOTS.
the only candidate who can pull democrap votes to his side is RP and he generates plenty of money so he does not need goldman cash like O does.

this is the perfect storm in a general to unseat obusha.
the real problem is fighting the media who drone on about Dr Paul being unelectable.
they have gone so far as to say if he wins iowa "it does not count" and if he wins NH too well that would be "a fluke"...

all it will take is a meltdown from romney and Dr. Paul is the nominee.
newt is too tied to Freddie and Fannie to be viable.

bentom187

Veteran
That may very well be true.(edit: or maybe not? see above ^^#86)
I was shooting from the hip a bit on what I thought i remembered reading/hearing, thanks for pointing that out.
Nevertheless, i think it's fairly safe to say Rand would have none of SS and Paul is, or was, supposedly a devout follower of objectivism.
God those books were long. But pretty good.

No problem,he did say as it is now, that the SS programs and the like where unconstitutional for the FED govt to enforce.So as it is now it shouldnt stay,because it uses govt force to releiive you of your money through taxation,wich is a power congress nor anyother person has the rights to do so.....

((im not sure but i beleive this applies to states aswell). i beleive the only way to have a constitutional SS program is a user fee program wich is optional,or to just put your money in your home safe.)

(continued)...its not a power enumerated to them by the people because the people have no power deligated to them to do so under the constitution,so theirs no way they coulld have given that power to congress.

I beleive that the general wlefare clause(article.1 sec.8) has been easily manipulated as at the time they were written to mean somthing completley different than today.

http://educatorssite.com/?p=407

im actually finding this research to be pretty intresting it puts a whole new paint job on things,i think im gonna go find me a 1800's dictionary.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
No problem,he did say as it is now, that the SS programs and the like where unconstitutional for the FED govt to enforce.So as it is now it shouldnt stay,because it uses govt force to releiive you of your money through taxation,wich is a power congress nor anyother person has the rights to do so.....

((im not sure but i beleive this applies to states aswell). i beleive the only way to have a constitutional SS program is a user fee program wich is optional,or to just put your money in your home safe.)

(continued)...its not a power enumerated to them by the people because the people have no power deligated to them to do so under the constitution,so theirs no way they coulld have given that power to congress.

I beleive that the general wlefare clause(article.1 sec.8) has been easily manipulated as at the time they were written to mean somthing completley different than today.

http://educatorssite.com/?p=407

im actually finding this research to be pretty intresting it puts a whole new paint job on things,i think im gonna go find me a 1800's dictionary.

Thanks for the info.

Is there anything to Paul defaulting on the national debt? I haven't read it in campaign literature but have seen the idea floated in video and blog responses.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Does Paul remember the 2004 SCOTUS ruling that indefinite detention of American citizens is legal?

Would Paul attempt to reestablish constitutional-rights for American citizen enemy combatants? Or would he outright abolish military commissions, rendering civilian prosecutions for all American citizen terrorists?

Status
Not open for further replies.