What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Costco carport greenhouse

doublejj

Veteran
Zip ties are cheap!

Zip ties are cheap!

So do you just poke a hole in the plastic and run a zip tie through and tie to the frame? We get a lot of wind here and I'd be afraid it's rip open and show my crop to the world. Nice spot you got behind the RV and beside the house.

I literally stitched the plastic to the frame every 6". We had Hurricane force winds a few weeks ago, moved the greenhouse 2'!

Thank you, I agree the spot is really convenient & discrete. Works great.

Peace
jj

H

humboldtlocal

I had a friend pull two 6 pound plants out of one of those carports. He had two huge holes dug in the ground and he had to raise the whole carport up a couple feet to get the vertical space needed. Those are capable of producing monsters.

PacificaGal

I literally stitched the plastic to the frame every 6". We had Hurricane force winds a few weeks ago, moved the greenhouse 2'!

Thank you, I agree the spot is really convenient & discrete. Works great.

Peace
jj

Thank you for posting this 'how to' greenhouse thread. Would it be too much to ask for a close-up photo of how you attached the plastic and shade cloth to the frame?
thanks in advance if you can.
Peace,
PG

doublejj

Veteran
How to:

How to:

Here are a few details on how to build one of these.

Tools needed:
1 common paper hole punch
2 14" zip ties
3 snips
With the hole punch you can make a neat hole about 1" in, anywhere along the edge you wish. It is this 1" piece of plastic that you are tying to the frame. This is 6mil plastic, it's much thicker than your average trash bag. This stuff don't tear easy. The zip tie will easley poke thru the sun screen mesh anyplace.
Punch holes along the edge, thread the zip tie thru, zip it tight, snip it off.
Start at the top and work your way down both sides, tightening things up as you go.

I added a 20' piece of PVC along the bottom, to attach the plastic to. If I snip a few zip ties up the poles, I can roll-it-up, for total ventilation!

You can easily build one of these in a day!

Peace
doublejj

PacificaGal

Thank you so much for the detail! So helpful.
We already put our frame up last week but haven't gotten around to doing the plastic.
We looked into using these clips
http://www.google.com/products?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&q=PVC+Snap+On+Snap+Clamp+Fabric+Clip+Greenhouse&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=lNr1SuKREYjuswP61dUT&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQrQQwAA but the zip ties seem pretty easy.

Did you say you are north bay area? If so , do you find it warm enough to grow over the winter time?

doublejj

Veteran
Solar collector!

Solar collector!

Did you say you are north bay area? If so , do you find it warm enough to grow over the winter time?

Your most welcome PG.

I'm in Sac, I believe it will stay warm enough! Greenhouses are 'solar collectors', Green as it gets!

Keep watching, we'll find out together!

Good Luck!

Peace
doublejj

turbo14

Veteran
Very impressed with your results with the carport. Are you having any heat issues at all during mid summer? I'm thinking of doing something very similiar next summer. What was your yield like off the last run? I would like to supply myself for the year.. Thanks brotha.

turbo

doublejj

Veteran
No heat issues!

No heat issues!

There is so much ventilation, there is no where for the heat to gather.

I averaged 8oz per plant.

Peace
doublejj

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
damn!!!! nice work ...i have the same carport new in the box siting in my garage ....HMMMMMMM maybe it wont be there for long

doublejj

Veteran
Thanksgiving Greenhouse update!

Thanksgiving Greenhouse update!

Greenhouse update; Here are the HiJam's. Should be ready in 3 - 4 weeks, right around Christmas! Ho! Ho! Ho!:joint:

Peace
doublejj
P.S. More pic's to follow

Last edited:

doublejj

Veteran
More Thanksgiving pic's!

More Thanksgiving pic's!

More HiJam hybrid's

Frosty Christmas buds!

Peace
doublejj