What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Word from the Obama Admin is coming on mmj

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Are you a fucking illiterate idiot or what??!!!?!

I have repeated over and over and over... I am not asking for social welfare, or any fucking government health care at all!!!!!

I'm saying that regulating the goddamn insurance companies would promote general welfare...

GODDAMN you are pissing me off continually ignoring what I say, only to respond to my post with some stupid shit I never fucking said.

ONE LAST TIME...
I AM NOT ASKING FOR SOCIALIZED MEDICINE!!!! I AM ASKING FOR REFORM!!!!

If you argue any more as though I am advocating government health care then you are just a dumb fuck.

You should do something about your anger issues bro. Maybe they make a pill for that. I'll be happy to pay for it ;)

You said yourself "a country founded for the purpose of promoting the general welfare of her citizens", yet somehow you don't mean the "general welfare" mentioned in the founding document, the Constitution? I don't think you even know what the hell you're talking about.

Weren't you done with this thread a few pages ago?

A

Amstel Light

That is for you to do if you want to give your money away in the event of this type of situation. You will realize that it is not worth it, though, to give the bags away like that, just as every other person in NC did that day. "Real businessmen." Leave the definition of the "real businessmen" to the real businessmen.
The only people willing to bring ice in were those guys charging $12. No one else was there to provide any, even the gov't. I mean what is the damn difference between $6 and $12 anyway. Why are we bullshitting over $6 dollars. My point is not the price itself but that the concept of gouging is bullshit.

Just because you lived in NO doesn't mean you have a grasp of the economics at hand here man, I'm not trying to be a dick but to differentiate between what is an argument and what is not.

None of the "smartest retard" comments anymore ok homie? I don't give a shit about fox news or republican morons, so don't even mention me in the same sentence. My opinions have nothing to do with it that.

This is silliness. As I said, to make a claim that gouging laws don't create shortages is to make an admission of ignorance of econ.

Sorry not trying to sound shitty. I just study economics and happen to know what I'm talking about, and don't want to be placed in the category of ingoramuses. Especially when I have taken the time to spell out the topics at hand here.
Nothing personal Amstel, or any of you guys.

nah man nothing personal... but you are posting way to fast to even read or absorb what is being said..6-or 12 makes a huge diffrence when you have to pay the gouged prices for insulin and baby formula and the banks atm's dont work cause the powers been off for days and the guy selling the gouged ice will not take a check and your dbvd player is ruined cause your house is flooded and where the fuck is my dog... i wonder if my mom and sister are ok..... wait cant think about that i need ice for my baby's formula and dont have 12$ only have 9$....wtf? guess you never been in that situation huh?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
LOL with all of the responses to all of the people, I think I now realize there was a little miscommunication/misunderstanding going on. My bad head for thinking you're with DB on the gov't health provision thing. (lol I'm sure DB will come in and say, "I never said gov't provision!")
Good night

I can accept that that happened... Please from now on when reading my post, keep in mind that

a) I respond stream of consciousness style, line by line, to posts and then go back and make sure my thoughts are being communicated with as accurate of words as possible.

b) Though parts of things I say may agree with something another individual has said, my post stand complete on their own, and should only be interpreted in light of the post I quote in my post and my previous posts in the thread, no one else's.

c) I am always very high

I am sorry I lost my temper... In retrospect, given the miscommunication, If you read back through my posts and judge them on only what I have said... I'm sure you'll understand my frustration with your responses and forgive my outburst.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
You should do something about your anger issues bro. Maybe they make a pill for that. I'll be happy to pay for it ;)

You said yourself "a country founded for the purpose of promoting the general welfare of her citizens", yet somehow you don't mean the "general welfare" mentioned in the founding document, the Constitution? I don't think you even know what the hell you're talking about.

Weren't you done with this thread a few pages ago?
Hard not to get angry with one so shit-full as yourself.

yes, I do mean the general welfare outlined in the constitution...
Do you not think that making a regulation preventing Health Insurance companies from dropping people who make claims, and from denying legitimate claims would be constitutional?
I think you repeat what you've been propagandized with.
I also think you lack basic human compassion.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
You cannot possibly tell me that keeping an insurance company from killing people is not promoting the general welfare.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
From usconstitution.net
We the People of the United States

The Framers were an elite group — among the best and brightest America had to offer at the time. But they knew that they were trying to forge a nation made up not of an elite, but of the common man. Without the approval of the common man, they feared revolution. This first part of the Preamble speaks to the common man. It puts into writing, as clear as day, the notion that the people were creating this Constitution. It was not handed down by a god or by a king — it was created by the people.

in Order to form a more perfect Union

The Framers were dissatisfied with the United States under the Articles of Confederation, but they felt that what they had was the best they could have, up to now. They were striving for something better. The Articles of Confederation had been a grand experiment that had worked well up to a point, but now, less than ten years into that experiment, cracks were showing. The new United States, under this new Constitution, would be more perfect. Not perfect, but more perfect.

establish Justice

Injustice, unfairness of laws and in trade, was of great concern to the people of 1787. People looked forward to a nation with a level playing field, where courts were established with uniformity and where trade within and outside the borders of the country would be fair and unmolested. Today, we enjoy a system of justice that is one of the fairest in the world. It has not always been so — only through great struggle can we now say that every citizen has the opportunity for a fair trial and for equal treatment, and even today there still exists discrimination. But we still strive for the justice that the Framers wrote about.

insure domestic Tranquility

One of the events that caused the Convention to be held was the revolt of Massachusetts farmers knows as Shays' Rebellion. The taking up of arms by war veterans revolting against the state government was a shock to the system. The keeping of the peace was on everyone's mind, and the maintenance of tranquility at home was a prime concern. The framers hoped that the new powers given the federal government would prevent any such rebellions in the future.

provide for the common defence

The new nation was fearful of attack from all sides — and no one state was really capable of fending off an attack from land or sea by itself. With a wary eye on Britain and Spain, and ever-watchful for Indian attack, no one of the United States could go it alone. They needed each other to survive in the harsh world of international politics of the 18th century.

promote the general Welfare

This, and the next part of the Preamble, are the culmination of everything that came before it — the whole point of having tranquility, justice, and defense was to promote the general welfare — to allow every state and every citizen of those states to benefit from what the government could provide. The framers looked forward to the expansion of land holdings, industry, and investment, and they knew that a strong national government would be the beginning of that.

and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity

Hand in hand with the general welfare, the framers looked forward to the blessings of liberty — something they had all fought hard for just a decade before. They were very concerned that they were creating a nation that would resemble something of a paradise for liberty, as opposed to the tyranny of a monarchy, where citizens could look forward to being free as opposed to looking out for the interests of a king. And more than for themselves, they wanted to be sure that the future generations of Americans would enjoy the same.

do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

The final clause of the Preamble is almost anti-climactic, but it is important for a few reasons — it finishes the "We, the people" thought, saying what we the people are actually doing; it gives us a name for this document, and it restates the name of the nation adopting the Constitution. That the Constitution is "ordained" reminds us of the higher power involved here — not just of a single person or of a king, but of the people themselves. That is it "established" reminds us that it replaces that which came before — the United States under the Articles (a point lost on us today, but quite relevant at the time).

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Welfare
welfare n. 1. health, happiness, or prosperity; well-being

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.