What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mexican Brick Weed

Medfinder

Chemon 91
i usta go to vermont and manchester to get da brick.

well... popped some beans to see if there was any thing that could come from the super compressed corner piece..

Got like 5 beans that grew 3 diff phenos. one had the shortest widest leaves of any plant i ve grown.

still though.. so many super clones here in so cal that it wasn't any real keeper that i stuck with from those mex brick.

D

daddylonglegs

Ya ... the thought intrigues me , but reality seems like it'd be a lot of waste before or if ever finding something worthy

Speaking of old skunky pulled this out of a jar n started her the other day bag still smells like old school skunk....we always called it cartel bud but the lady we got from had garbage bags burried in her front yard from 3 units of it only found this many seeds...shit was definitely from Mexico tho

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73781&pictureid=1759285
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73781&pictureid=1759284

picture.php
picture.php
sorry still getting the hang of posting pics :/

herbgreen

Veteran
Legalize Worldwide

And import this stuff buy the brick ton Jamaica!

Thailand, Colombia, Mexico, Panama, Afghanistan

Even Hawaii...Right?

And this time were gnna remember to save the flippin' seeds right???

ahortator

Veteran
Hi

Do you think it is still possible to get any old sativa heirloom from Mexican shwag or brick weed? Or now they are only Kush and indica hybrids only?

I have read this in other site. It is from some years ago.

Good old, imported 'Mexican Trip Weed' I haven't seen for years....
#14726468 - 07/06/11 10:56 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Just found a source, the same old mexican 'trip weed' that we used to get in the sixties. I'm assuming because of it's prevalence now, and when I was a teenager in the early '70's, that it is a local grow somewhere in a border state, probably Chihuahua, in Mexico. It is characterized by a sweet, odd smell--a very distinct smell, which hasn't escaped me even after 35 years--and a high that is a dank, very trippy psychedelic high with a lot of visuals, a deep, ego-loss type of headspace, and little anxiety. That is, it is a very low-anxiety sativa type stone. It's cheaper than the mis-directed Kush and Chronic from the MMJ clinics, and not only that, it probably is a better high.

I'm please to be getting re-acquainted with an old friend...:awesomenod:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The few plants I've grown out, from brick weed, showed mostly WLD hybrid types.

I suppose if one were to go through enough seed, from the right bricks, something desirable may pop up eventually.

ahortator

Veteran
Oh! That's a pity! Some decades ago Mexican weed were mostly NLD! But now it seems they have vanished! :frown::no::nono::peek:

X

xavier7995

Quite a bit of the Mexican brick weed put out a high and had a potency to it that could easily swing with stuff today, at least that is my take comparing what I got during the 90s in a brick vs. After 2000 when it became hard to find bricks and beasters showed up as the new cheap weed. Bricks are still around in the ghetto as far as I know, last picked one up in 2013 or 14, but I don't think there was any sort of good genetic potential in them and they produced hybrid or indica highs.

Pretty stoked, got a line on some mystery seeds that a buddy is saving that he found in an old bag of brick that he stashed at his parents place as a kid. I love a mystery and have been trying to come up with some sort of personal variety that gets me the high i like.

Gry

Loved them and relied upon them for many years.
I recall them from 72 forward in the brownsville area.
I was recall having heard back then it was being run through the mexican oil industry.
Recently I read that a fellow by the dulles had far more "paperclip" personal than he could get into the country, and that one of his choice locations to 'stash' them was the oil industry.
The are acolytes of dulles believe there are no coincidences.
I know I loved the product .

Last edited:
Last brick seeds I grew turned out some decent plants. You can see the picks in my albums.

They were mostly Sativa hybrids that tasted like Cantaloupe and had up highs.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Back in the day we used to get real good Mexican Sativa. Indica was just starting to make its appearance. All I ever saw was pounds of good Sativa in a plastic garbage bag (no bricks).

therevverend

Veteran
I live almost as far from Mexico as you can and still be in the US. By the time it got up here the good stuff had long gone to smoke. If it ever was good. Only saw it a few times and not since 1995 or 96.
The last time I saw some, my friend met a guy at the Greyhound station. (always smart to buy pot from people you meet at Greyhound stations-and those are the kinds of places you'd find brick back then)
It looked like an elephant sat on it and was loaded full of huge seeds. It had these huge flowers in it, no idea what the hell they were. Bigger then any cannabis flowers I've seen they were at least 10 cm or more. Didn't save any of those seeds.
Since he got ripped off my friend got to show me a trick to rip off friends to make your money back and spread the (lack of) love on down the line. If you steam brick weed it will turn kind of green and if you remove the visible seeds people who look at it in the dark backseat of a car might mistake it for green bud.
Can't say I miss the schwag..

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Buying a crappy bag of overpriced schwag in the dark backseat of a car... memories.

J-Icky

Buying a crappy bag of overpriced schwag in the dark backseat of a car... memories.

I remember those days, and the person would always try to say it was that skunk or it was northern lights or Durban poison or Jamaican to try and make it seem better than the brick weed the other guys were selling even though it was all the same.

Now if had a sweeter smell and seemed stickier then your best bet was to just walk away. That meant they sprayed honey or some other sugary liquid on it to make it more sticky and lighten the color. But these were always easy to figure out since they would always call it “Cali bud” and yet only ask a little more than the regular brick making the rounds.

Rondon

Alot of the old time Mexican cartel pot farmers arent even growing cannabis anymore. Since American domestic cultivation and relaxed laws have taken hold....there isnt a whole lot of money (at least like it used to be) in it for the Mexicans anymore. They are growing opium poppies as far az the eye can see though. What used to be towering Mexican cannabis plantations are now covered in opium poppies.

Latest posts

Latest posts