What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I thought I about had the garden bug free. I thought I only had a small amount of thrips. I sprayed down the veg room last friday with spinosad. Noticed what look like russet mites a couple days ago on one plant. I picked the larger fan leaves off the plant and the plants next to it. Took some pictures this morning before I started working on spraying all the veg plants down.

Before and after picture of one leaf.

picture.php

picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Lets look at something apealing to the eyes instead

Lets look at something apealing to the eyes instead

I just now took these night pics.
Heres the Bucksaw Narrow leaf out for a night ride on the gentle breeze.
picture.php
As Mr. Green Jeans said" Its gonna be electric. Wish you all could smell it!

Heres some giant long ass DBMH colas
picture.php

They still have a long way to go

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought I about had the garden bug free. I thought I only had a small amount of thrips. I sprayed down the veg room last friday with spinosad. Noticed what look like russet mites a couple days ago on one plant. I picked the larger fan leaves off the plant and the plants next to it. Took some pictures this morning before I started working on spraying all the veg plants down.

Before and after picture of one leaf.

View Image

View Image

Unless you can see bugs its most likely a temp/RH issue. Thrips don't do damage like that. Yours def look more like insect damage. I get that in my veg room on 1 of my keepers nothing else.. I inspect every plant under a Microscope. Not a single insect is ever found. This only happens on 1 specific clone. The other clone same cross doesn't do it. I was getting a big temp swing 70-100f. This clone seems to be sensitive to that more than any other. I put my intake on a timer. Shuts off at 12am, turns back on at 12pm. this keeps my temps from going lower than 78f. Hoping it will fix this.

picture.php

picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers....

looks to be a lazy day so far...got chores to take care of but i'm betting i don't do much beyond that...maybe another grocery run since i will be trimming tomorrow...gonna try and power through 2lbs tomorrow...or maybe two days of 1 1/2...at any rate i want to be done with trimming by tuesday night...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see more people miss diagnose broads than any other pest. I would guess in most cases they don't have broads or any other mite problem. Anyone that's serious about there garden health should have some kind of magnification to inspect there plants. I use a am-scope B-120C with 4 objectives. Woks great for pest ID and microbial life. I do wish I had got the Trinocular model so I don't have to take the lens off for the camera.
https://www.amazon.com/AmScope-B120C-Magnification-Illumination-Double-Layer/dp/B009JROROU

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
You can clearly see the bug in these pictures. these are from the rest the of the pictures I took before spraying plants.

I know that I can see them as little specks by my eyes! the pictures are good enough you can zoom in a little. You can clearly see bugs....

Well, maybe Hammer can't see them......:D Need glasses?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn dude. I couldn't tell with the 1st pics. Thrips leave lines in the leaves. I see no thrip damage.. You should get something so u can see what u got.

EDIT

posted when I did.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Damn dude. I couldn't tell with the 1st pics. Thrips leave lines in the leaves. I see no thrip damage.. You should get something so u can see what u got.

EDIT

posted when I did.

I've seen the thrips and damage on other plants. I sprayed for thrips last week (friday or saturday). Was going to spray one more time with spinosad, but when I found the russets I switched to a different solution to spray the plants with.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I've seen the thrips and damage on other plants. I sprayed for thrips last week (friday or saturday). Was going to spray one more time with spinosad, but when I found the russets I switched to a different solution to spray the plants with.

Nukem :biggrin:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:alrighty...

done in veg for the day...i was right about it being a lazy day,been sleeping in fairly late the past two days...must either the cbd salve or just catching up from all the old man naps i've been missing working at the trim mine...:)

anyway...got 3 NEM cuts into cups...getting a little backed up in the early veg room since half the bulbs in my %$#@ t5 rack are out...guess it's past time to replace that thing,seems like the bulbs don't last very long...probably just get some new 125w cfl bulbs since i have like 4-5 fixtures/reflectors for those...looks like once the garden is back to normal it will be time to dump another couple grand into it to replace bulbs and filters and whatnot...

good thing i bought the titanium timberjack! that bike seems to have effectively cured my new bike stuff lust...it will be xmas before i really get any new shiny bits for the bikes...probably just another front wheel in the 110mm hub size for the timberjack...a few little accessories to make carrying stuff easier...less than a grand though...bike shop must be getting worried!:)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just have to see...new model year for salsa bikes is coming out soon and sometimes the old stock gets fairly drastic price cuts...theres a couple of frames i wouldn't mind picking up...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:alrighty...

done in veg for the day...i was right about it being a lazy day,been sleeping in fairly late the past two days...must either the cbd salve or just catching up from all the old man naps i've been missing working at the trim mine...:)

anyway...got 3 NEM cuts into cups...getting a little backed up in the early veg room since half the bulbs in my %$#@ t5 rack are out...guess it's past time to replace that thing,seems like the bulbs don't last very long...probably just get some new 125w cfl bulbs since i have like 4-5 fixtures/reflectors for those...looks like once the garden is back to normal it will be time to dump another couple grand into it to replace bulbs and filters and whatnot...

good thing i bought the titanium timberjack! that bike seems to have effectively cured my new bike stuff lust...it will be xmas before i really get any new shiny bits for the bikes...probably just another front wheel in the 110mm hub size for the timberjack...a few little accessories to make carrying stuff easier...less than a grand though...bike shop must be getting worried!:)

Have u grown Sdubb?. Let me know what u think of NEM. Get a few 315w lights for veg.