What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Violeta

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Chop time for my Violeta.

I knew there was some spider mites on her, but I was shocked once I pulled her from the tent... aphids too :spanky:

She doesn't seem to have been affected that much, I sprayed her well into flower... got really beautiful purple buds.

But fan leaves were a mess... buds doesn't seem to be affected but for one slightly webbed cola.

Hope any remaining aphids (not spotted in the buds) and any spider mites migrate while drying...

Day 0 flower:
View Image

As Dubi said: Malawi legs, Pakistani leaves.

Today, chop Day.
View Image

Main stem was three times fatter. Fat heavy buds from top to bottom.

Stalks felt like rigid plastic, incredibly strong.

Almost trimmed
View Image

Scent is incredible, mangoish, similar to my Zam. Yield I'm pretty sure will be around 200 grams. Buds are huge, full of fat purple calyxes, and even white hairs still.

Really impressed with this line. That's the problem with ACE ;) you want to try them all!

Will be running her again for sure, hopefully paying her a better service (no pests)! This pheno yield (anything Malawish I'd say) performance with training is stellar.

Excellent repuk :)

Your Violeta produced very nice flowers, resinous and with high flower/leaf ratio. Glad her fruity terpenes are complex and fragrant as well :yummy: Hope you are enjoying her this summer!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Didn't I say is one of my favorites?

I enjoy even staring at her beautiful jar!

Smoke Report
I must admit I've been toking her daily, sometimes several times a day when was hardly a month cured, couldn't resist, sorry :biggrin:

Now that she has a month+:

Smoke: Smooth.

Bouquet: Another ACE terpene bomb ;) floral (violets?) and fruity mango aromas on nose or inhale; a delicious slightly spicy nutmeg with subdued hazey touch bridges the gap to the exhale.

Inhale is 40% of the total joy
Exhale is 50% of the total joy,
Stinkin' up the place to "breathe" that blissful lingering smell is 10% of the joy :laughing:

as always Dubi has a privileged eye, nose and good taste to cherry pick outstanding terpenes!. You're gifted, master! :tiphat:

Potency
I have grown just one plant from my reg pack... so far this one I'd give a solid 7 in this department. (Wouldn't be honest without putting that in perspective: remember I had a serious pest problem...)

Effect adds up, so you'll find repeating and repeating... one of the few strains I "daisy chain" :biggrin:

Effect
I'm a heavy tolerance user. Violeta is a versatile smoke, uplifting, positive, good vibes... when you want to be chilling, etc. It provides a comfy relaxation towards the end that leads to sleep or nap, or some closed eyes daydreaming /music listening / meditation if you feel so inclined.

No overhang or burnt landing.

Taking into account the pests etc... have only one word: outstanding.

Somatek

Here's a quick shot of Violeta #3, the first to show purple colours and also trichs. I started 2 packs of violeta (regs) at the end of July, ended up with 6 females and 6 males with exactly half of the girls going purple. So far #3 is looking like the keeper but ya never know until it's cut, dried and blazed. The smell is very enticing already though.

It's been my first time growing any Ace seeds and I'm utterly satisfied so far, looking forward to growing the Bangi Haze seeds now but sadly it'll be awhile until there's some room cleared.

Attachments

• IMG_2220 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2220 (Custom).JPG
    45 KB · Views: 31

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks repuk for your expanded Violeta's smoke report and for your kind words! :)
Fortunately years of smoke abuse didn't affect much my sense of smell, which it is very important to identify all the subtle terpenes that this amazing plant has to offer and that are so important to breed satisfying and 'more rounded' strains for a very diverse public.

I completely concur with you, Violeta's effect is very versatile, surprisingly cerebral for a strain with such an indica dominant phenotype, but also very pleasant and relaxing to comfortably chill out on a lazy afternoon or evening :D

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks you very much for your feedback Somatek :)

Glad you are enjoying with the performance and early resin and terpene production of your Violetas ;) Looking forward to see them finishing!

hoki2test

Veteran
Some Ace Violeta i recently grew.....Had maybe 4 diff phenos with both green and purple.....loved them all thank you Ace Seeds
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi hoki2test :)

So nice to see you back with such nice flowers! :D
Thank you very much for your feedback, hope you enjoy your well deserved flowers during this autumn/winter! :yes:

Shooters

Violeta Std. #05 Growing in a green house sandwitched between a Kali China and a Bangi Congo x Panama.

picture.php

picture.php

Somatek

Some macro shots of the each pheno from a couple weeks ago, they're forming nice cola's generally with a wider range of aroma's with some leaning towards a more acrid, burnt rubber but most leaning towards rich, sweet fruity smells. #3 (2nd pic) is still my favourite so far with lots of sweet fruity notes but some complex spicy undertones, mostly it's the deep purple buds though.

Edited to fix orientation of pics as my batch re-sizing program randomly screws with it...

Attachments

• IMG_2319 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2319 (Custom).JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2330 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2330 (Custom).JPG
    49 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2323 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2323 (Custom).JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2331 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2331 (Custom).JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2327 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2327 (Custom).JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2317 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2317 (Custom).JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Bleiweis

Veteran
Growth structure: really thick branches which were very hard to bend. The thickness of these branches was almost twice as thick as other plants in my garden. Very fast healing if any damage was done. Big lush thick leaves. Internode lenght was medium. She produced some hints of purple on the stems. Very vigorous as you would expect from a hybrid with this lineage. Very good resistance to mold but very susceptible to stem borers. Small larve that enter the stem down the plant and then continue their path upwards. Stretch was actually very noticable. She became the biggest plant in my garden. Volume of the plant was very big. Best yielder this year.

Flowering: started at the beginning of september. Buds formed quite slow. There was a lot of them but they weren't all that big or all that hard. In terms of total yield she produced a lot...i would have just wished the buds were a bit bigger and a bit harder. Maybe she didn't respond that good to lower temperatures. Othwerise she was on the slow side of flowering. Last one to begin flowering and slow in developement. If the conditions would be a bit more in her favour i think she would have produced exactly what i wanted.

Flower type: smaller then other hybrids from ace and airy. Frosty...but not as much as other plants. Wasn't that sticky when i tuched her. In that sense she was the least impressive in my garden this year. She was very beautiful to look at with her long violet arms pointing up. Quite easy to trim...would be probably even easier if the temps were bit higher- that would result in bigger buds i suppose.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Smells: as you can see she's violet so you already know what to expect. PCK dominates almost every strain where it's introduced. Forest fruit, fruity, fresh...very pleasant smells although not very strong. When you break the bud you smell wild berries and citrus![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Some macro shots of the each pheno from a couple weeks ago, they're forming nice cola's generally with a wider range of aroma's with some leaning towards a more acrid, burnt rubber but most leaning towards rich, sweet fruity smells. #3 (2nd pic) is still my favourite so far with lots of sweet fruity notes but some complex spicy undertones, mostly it's the deep purple buds though.

Edited to fix orientation of pics as my batch re-sizing program randomly screws with it...

Hi Somatek,

Sorry for my delay in the reply and thanks for sharing your Violetas in early flowering. How did the different phenos from your regular pack finish ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Bleiweis,

Thanks a lot for your feedback :) Glad to hear Violeta worked better this season than in previous one in the moldy conditions of your climate.
Hope her beautiful colors and appealing fruity terpenes translates into a satisfactory smoking experience ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Violeta stock status

Violeta stock status

Violeta feminized version is out of stock although you may find a few packs left through our official retailers:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/wholesaler-list/

Violeta fem will be back in stock around June/July this year.
The standard/regular version is still available on our website. :yes:

jjonahjameson

3 Violeta Fems on first day of flowering... Needed a watering, ergo the droop.

Question: the leaf textures, could this be a pH issue, overfeeding?
Recommendations for feeding on this is appreciated. I'm using pro-mix and feeding with Lucas formula GHFloro @ 0-8-16 every other watering.

Lovely and hearty plants. Looking forward to the flower show. Very branchy with tight nodes under the 400MH, now flowering at 600HPS, old school. :laughing:

Cheers!

Attachments

• Violeta1 4:22:19 profile.jpg
    Violeta1 4:22:19 profile.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Violeta1 4:22:19 tops.jpg
    Violeta1 4:22:19 tops.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Violeta2 4:22:19 profile.jpg
    Violeta2 4:22:19 profile.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Violeta3 4:22:19 profile.jpg
    Violeta3 4:22:19 profile.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 32
  • Violeta3 4:22:19 tops.jpg
    Violeta3 4:22:19 tops.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 29

Sk01

Here is my finished Violeta about two years ago. Nice sweet / Sandalwood smell, smooth and frosty.
Indica structure (Leafy).
The high is more balanced than I thought (for an Indica), nice sensorial (touch) feelings.
Beautiful girl too
picture.php

Attachments

• D247BA5E-64E7-409B-BF6E-58AC1A99C817.jpg
    D247BA5E-64E7-409B-BF6E-58AC1A99C817.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Latest posts