What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MED GARDEN 101

darthvapor

great info. be careful with the botanicare cal/mag, some are stronger than they are supposed to be. so if you follow the directions your overfeeding cal/mag like crazy because its 4-6 times stronger than supposed to be. Not all bottle are like that but I guess mine was. check your shit!!!

Yield and 11/13

Yield and 11/13

I have a 3000W setup 5*600W lumatek digital ballasts. I'm running Supernatural 2x4 trays which contain are flood and drain and have built in resevoirs that use air pumps to to pump air into the resevoir and push the water levels up. It's super easy. I use supernatural nutes which seemed to be optimized for lower PPM and low salt due to the smaller resevoir for each table. I use DM Penetrator + Foiltech in the veg and first 2 weeks of flower. I'm running 11/13 for flower. I don't use a PH tester or PPM Meter. I kind of like not having to use this. The plants look extremely healthy.

I have 18 6 inch rockwool blocks in each tray. What would be a realistic goal for yield for this setup without CO2, say given an ak47 strain purchased from sr-71.

Why run at a 11/13? This is at the recommendation of my friend. Is this strain dependant? Could this <10% Difference in light equal only a 10% difference in yield? Is it not economically justified? I'm looking to optimize the yield/per dollar spent equation, not just maximum yield. Are there any other things here to look at optimizing if not using CO2. Would using CO2, without running a hot sealed room, make enough of a difference to increase the yield per dollar spent.

Thanks!

Last edited:

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
I would get an electronic ph and ppm because tap water is different everywhere and changes in the same cities from winter to summer

Without co2 I would bet one 2x4 tray could yield a half a pound if done correctly.

I run my lights at 12 and 12. I'm not saying there aren't other ways but when the light and dark are different times be sure it is a 24 hour timer running it. Newer timers will run the cycle as you described and over time the light will be on when the sun is up and then the fun begins. Be careful of roasting plants. I don't take this risk.

I love co2. A tank with a quality regulator is an investment that can last years.

darthvapor

are you sure? hes got 18 plants per 2x4 tray and a half pound per tray would be less than half oz per plant. I got 2oz per ak plant at she finished at 3.5 feet and im no pro. she was from the sr .

meduser180056

kigy said:
scrappy, any ideas as to what this prob might be..

clonevl0.jpg

Clone was taken a week ago and was 100% green no def. Took a look today and noticed this on 2 PK clones. Clones are in humidty domes on a heating mat, cloned with clonex.

I have a bunch of clones in rockwool that are starting to have the same problem. I'm gonna try and air em out and do what ya said Scrappy. I'm scared I'm gonna lose all of em cuz it seems to be spreading fast! Must have been the warm temps we've had lately or maybe it's the rockwool. I usually use Rapid Rooters.

scrappy420 said:
I would get an electronic ph and ppm because tap water is different everywhere and changes in the same cities from winter to summer

Without co2 I would bet one 2x4 tray could yield a half a pound if done correctly.

I run my lights at 12 and 12. I'm not saying there aren't other ways but when the light and dark are different times be sure it is a 24 hour timer running it. Newer timers will run the cycle as you described and over time the light will be on when the sun is up and then the fun begins. Be careful of roasting plants. I don't take this risk.

I love co2. A tank with a quality regulator is an investment that can last years.

I have air cooled lights so they can almost touch the Glass and not get burned. I was considering using CO2 eventually for veg only and see how that would affect yield, because I have a large room for flower. What do you think. Going to run 12/12 next time. I was hoping for 3/4 pound. We will see.

Do you have an opinion on using Superthrive during Flower? Thanks for your help. I am going to sign up for one of your classes.. the clones are amazing.

Last edited:

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
darthvapor said:
are you sure? hes got 18 plants per 2x4 tray and a half pound per tray would be less than half oz per plant. I got 2oz per ak plant at she finished at 3.5 feet and im no pro. she was from the sr .

my estimate is intentionally conservative (low) because I don't like to count chickens etc...

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
BillowingBudMkr said:
Do you have an opinion on using Superthrive during Flower? Thanks for your help. I am going to sign up for one of your classes.. the clones are amazing.

I used to sell superthrive in my store. As I remember the maker of superthrive who is dead now offered a prize to anyone who could disprove it's effectiveness but what a scientist revealed to me it that it was a large molecule and NO ONE could prove nor disprove what happened at the molecular level hence the huge cash offer. It seems like plants love it.

darthvapor

is there a sign up? Hope you talk about cloning. I gave up and got a ez-clone machine. Still want to learn old school.

darthvapor

Is the ak from the sr pure ak-47 from serious or is it a cross. Somebody told me it might have afghani or afghooey?

G

I'm pretty sure Rich just brought a breeder pack of those back from the cannabis cup.

Latest posts

Latest posts