What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'You lying - dog faced - PONY SOLDIER!'

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Presidential hopeful Joe Biden recently directed this 'insult' (if you can call it that) at some voter that was criticising the voting at the Iowa caucus -

As a non-American - I was wondering what exactly a 'dog-faced pony soldier' is? - can someone describe it to me -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes shawk - I did find it rather unique in construction - and also quite clever for a Presidential contender to use - since it is confusing as to whether or not it is a serious attempt at putting someone down - or he was just trying to be humourous - and create a talking point - as we have here -

*Maybe it was Joe's inner voice criticising himself even?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
'A lying, dog-faced pony soldier': just what was Joe Biden talking about?
Biden called a woman a ‘lying, dog-faced pony soldier’ – but no one can find the film he thinks he’s quoting from

Concerns for the former vice-president’s 2020 bid were mounting after he was caught on camera calling a woman a “lying, dog-faced pony soldier” at a campaign stop in New Hampshire on Sunday.

When Madison Moore, a 21-year-old economics student, asked Biden whether voters could remain confident in his campaign after his poor performance in the Iowa caucuses, Biden asked her if she had ever attended a caucus. When Moore said yes, Biden responded: “No you haven’t! You’re a lying, dog-faced pony soldier.”

There didn’t seem to be any hard feelings – footage showed the audience laughing at Biden’s quip, and even Moore seems to be having a little giggle.

But his remark has still left people wondering what on earth Biden was referencing.

It’s not even the first time Biden has used the phrase. At a 2018 campaign event, talking about the Republican senator Kevin Cramer of North Dakota, Biden said: “As my brother, who loves to use lines from movies, from John Wayne movies … there’s a line in a movie where an Indian chief turns to John Wayne and says: ‘This is a lying, dog-faced pony soldier.’”

Biden’s spokespeople said the line comes from a John Wayne film – but it’s not clear it does. There is a 1952 western called Pony Soldier, but it does not star John Wayne, and no one is called a “lying, dog-faced pony soldier” in it, according to Slate. There is, reportedly, a line in the film in which a chief says: “The pony soldier speaks with a tongue of the snake that rattles.”

Swings and roundabouts; dogs and rattlesnakes, I suppose.
For those worried about what the misattributed quote might do to Biden’s support, fear not. A recent video of Biden’s supporters chanting his name to the tune of Everybody by Backstreet Boys proves love is not only blind, but also deaf – they probably haven’t even noticed.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/feb/10/joe-biden-lying-dog-faced-pony-soldier-new-hampshire

h.h.

Veteran
The woman was from another camp. Biden was accusing her of coming into his camp and lying.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Funny you should mention that - as I did see some recent montage of Joe Biden hugging and kissing a few people - apparently he's known for showing 'public displays of affection' -

*I will try and dig it up - Hmmm - now where was it?

**Ahh - found it - one of them meme sites - so probably not exactly accurate - view with caution - lol

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/creepy-joe-biden

At least Joe didn’t grab her by the pussy and kiss her without asking.

Last edited:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
she probly calls ham bacon too

Yeah they can't do bacon, whiskey, or weed.

But if you want a stack of flapjacks and real syrup you could do much worse.

Oh yeah, police don't shoot you just because you stopped when they told you to.

I doubt Biden has any John Wayne traits.

But I would enjoy watching the Red Green Show before I popped Cocoon or Rio Bravo in the DVD player.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Funny you should mention that - as I did see some recent montage of Joe Biden hugging and kissing a few people - apparently he's known for showing 'public displays of affection' -

*I will try and dig it up - Hmmm - now where was it?

**Ahh - found it - one of them meme sites - so probably not exactly accurate - view with caution - lol

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/creepy-joe-biden
There's a good reason he's known as Creepy Uncle Joe.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
At least Joe didn’t grab her by the pussy and kiss her without asking.

you know, trump & Biden neither one would be known for unwanted approaches if the first person they did it to knocked a few teeth out. were none of those women married? no "significant others" standing nearby? i would put someone in the hospital for grabbing my wife...boundaries, my friends, boundaries. millionaire or politician, no different than drunken street bum in my book.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Because Trump started yet another nickname to take focus off of his own creepiness?

so dumb.
Trump is a master at branding, and you are a sucker or a pathetic troll if you really believe that.
Trump may have coined the term, but Joe definitely has boundary issues with women.

Dozens upon dozens pictures of him getting a little too close.

If any of those had been my daughter or wife, he'd have gotten a punch in the mouth.

Biden is almost a big a scumbag as Trump.

Latest posts

Latest posts