What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian Romulan vs American Romulan

Azaghal

Veteran
Hello everyone,

seems like Pyramid Seeds Barcelona are offering a feminized version of Romulan.

Cheers

ICGA

That's really cool brother.. good stuff!

The old mother plant I have (pictured on previous post), that has also been run through tissue culture, was certainly not crossed with anything... but it is extremely frosty and often looks like just a giant trichome when grown indoors under intense lighting. I could see the instant comparison to 'white' family strains.

Here are some shots of our clone only Romulan cut at 4 weeks bloom:
picture.php

picture.php

I'm working on a side project with her right now, where I have crossed her with an old Thai, selected that down.. and just crossed her with an old Kandahar landrace that was worked by locals for generations (so sub-landrace I guess?). Pretty excited to see what adding in more old genetics does. Should be interesting at least.
A landrace worked for generations is called a heirloom. 😁 pm me please if any seeds are floating around in the future. I've collected some crosses of Rom but ide like to get more for comparison.

RomulanJake

A landrace worked for generations is called a heirloom. 😁 pm me please if any seeds are floating around in the future. I've collected some crosses of Rom but ide like to get more for comparison.
My seeds are carried at most seed banks and we have a website too my friend. Romulan seeds are always in stock.

RomulanJake

The way you said what you said had me thinking you might've listened to the Adam Dunn interview with RJ.

No shots.
That Adam Dunn interview was horrible and an attempt by Adam at lying to me to get me on his show as a means of setting me up to "expose me as a fraud"..

Which Adam later realized I clearly wasn't and he apologized. Even asked me to be back on his podcast to clarify things.

I declined, but have since become friends with lots of known legends and familiar people in this industry that have vouched 100% for the authenticity of my Romulan. The James Loud podcast is much better, and there are others I've been on was well. You can take one podcast and make up your mind if you'd like.. but I would recommend trying the seeds before you make up your mind. You're missing out if you haven't yet.

BillWilly

That Adam Dunn interview was horrible and an attempt by Adam at lying to me to get me on his show as a means of setting me up to "expose me as a fraud"..

Which Adam later realized I clearly wasn't and he apologized. Even asked me to be back on his podcast to clarify things.

I declined, but have since become friends with lots of known legends and familiar people in this industry that have vouched 100% for the authenticity of my Romulan. The James Loud podcast is much better, and there are others I've been on was well. You can take one podcast and make up your mind if you'd like.. but I would recommend trying the seeds before you make up your mind. You're missing out if you haven't yet.
Funny how things work...heard about Romulan in another thread on another site...went down the rabbit hole, watched the james loud podcast from a couple of years ago and ordered some Romulan and Frosted Grape. Stoked to get this rolling!

RomulanJake

Funny how things work...heard about Romulan in another thread on another site...went down the rabbit hole, watched the james loud podcast from a couple of years ago and ordered some Romulan and Frosted Grape. Stoked to get this rolling!
Genuinely appreciate the support brother. 🙏

ICGA

Genuinely appreciate the support brother. 🙏
Anyone care to speculate on the difference between Vic Highs romulan and Romulan Joe's original line? I have my theories as to what Vic and his associates did with the romulan that they came across to make it different but not sure if espousing them would be wise.

RomulanJake

Anyone care to speculate on the difference between Vic Highs romulan and Romulan Joe's original line? I have my theories as to what Vic and his associates did with the romulan that they came across to make it different but not sure if espousing them would be wise.
I have had conversations with Sean, Joe Slykermans best friend from that time.

Joe changed what he acquired. Vic High did not change anything with his cut.

Volcanna

Veteran
What I know is that it’s Korean lineage. Brought back to NorCal by soldiers from the Korean War in the 50’s. the original cut called Korean stick bud. Rom joe stole that cut and took it to BC And renamed it Romulan.

RomulanJake

What I know is that it’s Korean lineage. Brought back to NorCal by soldiers from the Korean War in the 50’s. the original cut called Korean stick bud. Rom joe stole that cut and took it to BC And renamed it Romulan.
This is exactly what I've been telling people and have said in this thread.

Romulan Joe didn't make Romulan. He named it only. He also changed what he had into a more indica leaning plant. Marc and Sean both have said how his cut literally changed months after he first showed up with it.

linde

Well Ive been growing Next Generation Romulan for about 3 yrs now and gotta say that mine have a different terp than anything I've read. Super pungent almost spicy, peppery, maybe a little pine but most noticably has almost an old stale laundry smell to it. Very different than anything I've ever grown. Nothing fruity or grapy to mine. Very unique. Thick orange hairs. Killer full flavor right to the roach with heavy narcotic stone. Some different phenos but all have fairly skinny to nornal width dark green leaves. Some red on stems. Really old school stuff in my book and am glad to have it in my collection ....Thanks again Taylor!!