What's new

ONE Killer A5 between the A5 S1 and sisters

THC123

Veteran
Hi,

I recently germed one killer a5 seed. Germination was really fast and she was planted 48 hrs after germination.

I only germed one, because I lost one A5 s1 and this strain seemed to be the best match to fill the empty pot.

She will be cultivated on 12/12.

Picture update coming this evening !!

THC123

Veteran
360.jpg

360.jpg

Here is my lonely Killer A5, luckily she in the company of family, her Sisters are 5 A5 s1 and 6 A5 x HPH x Skunk

She was planted 6 days ago and she germed and is growing really fast, so up to now all good. She will catch up to the others, they all have been on 12/12 since germination so she will just be ready a lil bit later.

I am wondering how she will tolerate my soil. NPK ratio is 10-20-30, this is perfect for most plants including cannabis, but it is a bit too much for the young A5 seedlings. The cross with HPH doesnt have the same sensitivity probably with the skunk in there...

Looking forward to flowering her. I cant say much about only one plant, but still it is interesting to compare her to the other a5 crosses. Wondering how she will smell and taste....I read about it here on the forum but I need to experience it with my own senses.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Best of luck with the grow, THC123. I'm smoking some a5 right now and it's quite nice. I think you're gonna like her. Don't forget to save a cut or two for future grows!

HB.

THC123

Veteran
Hi guys, welome,

@Hemphrey: I smoked her about 20-18 years ago from local shops. I remember it having a distinct spicy woody smell, not sweet like the white strains and skunk we used to have in those times. And the incense smell when you lighted a joint. It was always the priciest weed. Can't say much about effect as it was coffeeshop weed, so way too dry and little effect.

If I find something good I will surely keep it, something that reminds me of the oldskool haze smell we used to have in the 90's, lol, that expensive weed smell :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi THC123,

Thanks for making this thread. It's going to be a pleasure to see the lonely Killer A5 Haze growing side by side with Karma's A5 Haze hybrids ;)

A5 Haze x HashPlant Haze/Skunk sounds really interesting, similar genetic combination than Jack Herer.
These old NL/Haze F1 cuts would really benefit of having a touch of a strain very rich in terpenes like Skunk.

All the best.

THC123

Veteran
Ola Dubi, Bienvenido y gracias!

The Killer a5 is doing excellent.

picture.php

It is the only normal plant in my tent at the moment. Here she is between her suffering sisters.

picture.php

The other plants are about 2 weeks older. This was my first grow using the Fluence lights.

I was fooled by the extreme cool temperatures of this lamp. I have experience with other LED brands and HPS (and of course our beloved sun) but this light is so bright it is just too much for the plants when they are young.

I did not realize the light had to be almost one meter away from the canopy in the beginning. I was thinking ooo this light is so cool, lets lower it as much as we can. I thought what is one stupid LED compared to the sun..... so I lowered the lights to 10-18 cm from the plants with a comfortable 22 -24 degrees celsius.

But yeah, BIG MISTAKE, it was too much and all plants had stunted growth and yellow coloration....

Luckily the Killer a5 did not have to suffer like the other plants thanks to Karma's advice.

Here is an example of an A5 that suffered, more yellow than green, small leaves, stunted growth. Before Karma gave me the advice of putting the lamp higher, I thought the soil was too hot. They are now slowly recovering....
picture.php

CodyPomeray

I am only 2 runs in on my LED's but some anectodal evidence is the LED's cause high amounts of Cal/Mag use. If i put my lights on full power and lower them just a bit, within 2 days I see Mg issues and 3 Ca. Sure my dirt is lacking a bit but I have heard this from others. Something to consider for later on.

chiesesganja

Ola Dubi, Bienvenido y gracias!

The Killer a5 is doing excellent.

View Image

It is the only normal plant in my tent at the moment. Here she is between her suffering sisters.

View Image

The other plants are about 2 weeks older. This was my first grow using the Fluence lights.

I was fooled by the extreme cool temperatures of this lamp. I have experience with other LED brands and HPS (and of course our beloved sun) but this light is so bright it is just too much for the plants when they are young.

I did not realize the light had to be almost one meter away from the canopy in the beginning. I was thinking ooo this light is so cool, lets lower it as much as we can. I thought what is one stupid LED compared to the sun..... so I lowered the lights to 10-18 cm from the plants with a comfortable 22 -24 degrees celsius.

But yeah, BIG MISTAKE, it was too much and all plants had stunted growth and yellow coloration....

Luckily the Killer a5 did not have to suffer like the other plants thanks to Karma's advice.

Here is an example of an A5 that suffered, more yellow than green, small leaves, stunted growth. Before Karma gave me the advice of putting the lamp higher, I thought the soil was too hot. They are now slowly recovering....
View Image

led not hot but esay to burn the leaf 50-70 cm for start maybe good If they can afford it, you can keep lowering the distance

THC123

Veteran
Yeah I will slowly put the lights lower, but first I need to see some normal new shoots on the A5 (the new ones are vibrant green again).

As soon as they have one pair of normal healthy green shiny leaves, I will start lowering the lights a few cm per day.

They are not stretching at all, so far so good

THC123

Veteran
Update

I have had lots of trouble with my fluence lamp.

Plants got lightbleach at 170 par....I tried for months to make it work cuz the lamp was expensive, but 2 weeks ago, I took the plants out of the tent, as it was nice weather and put them in the greenhouse. And now they are finally healthy.

I have removed the fluence and installed 3 old Viparspectra V600 lamps that I have and a fourth one will be installed after may 15th, when my motherplants go outside (has to do with hours of sunlight).

It will cost more electricity but at least I have no problem keeping plants healthy under those.

Here is a pic from a week ago, she has grown quite a bit since then and is indoor back in the tent since yesterday!! I love the thin sativa leaves !!

picture.php

TheDarkStorm

could be the fluence spectrum on that model may be better for flowering..certain types...maybe thers not enough blue...I know with the wrong spectrums bleaching can go on..it used to be a problem some manufacturers wer having with some blurpule spectrums....just a thought as to wat may have been happening

THC123

Veteran
>Yeah it must be the spectrum as thats the only thing that was changed to make plant happy!

During their 2 weeks in the greenhouse they have grown as much as 2 months under the fluence. They were really stunted and dirty pale grey green with yellow lightbleaching droopy leaves, they almost didn't drink...

They have been 48 hours in the tent now with the viparspectra and still looking strong, no droopy leaves or blue leaves.

I have contacted Fluence, I just get the feeling there is something wrong with the lamp I bought. I have seen so many fantastic fluence grows and I also went to visit an LP that used fluence and the plants looked great.

I'll keep you guys posted on their answer, I want to send my lamp back so they can hav it checked and maybe fix or replace it.

OZZ_

Veteran
Subbed. I have a killer A5 going atm also.

Will be interesting to see how she compares to these A5 sisters

THC123

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The Killer a5 is going well, she has been defoliated yesterday and has already started flowering.

The small bottom and inner growth will be removed once I get my rooting cubes. Somewhere this week.

They are growing SO much better under my cheap leds compared to the fluence. No more health issues or weird stuff going on and the only variable was the light.

It is gathering dust now as you can see in the pics untill Fluence can provide a solution. They are very helpful and friendly and maybe, if they cant solve it, they will allow me to send the lamp back to them for checkup. Normally they don't do this but they might make an exception as the issue I was having with these lights really wasn't normal.

ALso got me a new SF4000 light and no issues or wierd stuff. So the sun, MH, HPS, Viparspectra and SF4000 all give me nice healthy plants, the fluence just raped my plants....

OZZ_

Veteran
View Image

View Image

View Image

The Killer a5 is going well, she has been defoliated yesterday and has already started flowering.

The small bottom and inner growth will be removed once I get my rooting cubes. Somewhere this week.

They are growing SO much better under my cheap leds compared to the fluence. No more health issues or weird stuff going on and the only variable was the light.

It is gathering dust now as you can see in the pics untill Fluence can provide a solution. They are very helpful and friendly and maybe, if they cant solve it, they will allow me to send the lamp back to them for checkup. Normally they don't do this but they might make an exception as the issue I was having with these lights really wasn't normal.

ALso got me a new SF4000 light and no issues or wierd stuff. So the sun, MH, HPS, Viparspectra and SF4000 all give me nice healthy plants, the fluence just raped my plants....

Im having the EXACT same issue with my KA5H and a solsheet. I basically have to dim the lamp all the way down to get the KA5 to grow, if o turn it up within a day I’m getting drooping and all kinds of streaking on the leaves that looks like PH lockout or other nutrient deficiencies. As soon as I turn the lamp back down she recovers. I’m in a 2x2 tent so I did order a SF1000 to swap it out with. I’m hoping she does better under it.

The weird thing is I grew two other plants under the same light and they did ok, still had some issues but this KA5 seems very sensitive to whatever it is about this solsheet she doesn’t like.

THC123

Veteran
The only thing I can think of as being the reason is the spectrum of the lamp. That was the only variable in my side by sides.There must be some production error. I know the fluence is a great lamp, there must be something wrong with mine.

But in your case it is weird as you already used that lamp before without issues. But I have had this issue with every plant, not just the KA5, even a year old mom had this problem and sh was well established. The KA5 was actually one of the strongest plants in my case in the way it dealt with that motherfucking lamp.

I hope you can solve the issue. Take lots of pics, side by side pics etc and send them to the manufcturer.

THC123

Veteran
Hi,

My cellphone was broken so I couldn't take pics.

I only have one crappy pic, will upload a new better one next time.

So far so good with the Killer A5. SHe grows like a true sativa and looks real hazy, tall and lank, with beautiful leaves. She i the tallest plant in the tent with the longest internodes.

She is also going to make long thick buds, I can already see it. She started flowering pretty quickly after the flip to 12/12 desite the a5 in there (which takes about a month to show pistils under 1212)

Even though she still has a long way to go, she already smells superb. It is strange but I kinda know this smell. It does not smell like the a5, rather it smells a bit like silver haze at the moment. Really nice spicy hazy smell. Smells like expensive weed D

Can't wait how she will be like once ready, this one is very promising!!!! Also a very strong plant.

picture.php

Sorry for the pic, WHen uploading it was turned on its side automatically and I don't know how to fix it.

OZZ_

Veteran
The only thing I can think of as being the reason is the spectrum of the lamp. That was the only variable in my side by sides.There must be some production error. I know the fluence is a great lamp, there must be something wrong with mine.

But in your case it is weird as you already used that lamp before without issues. But I have had this issue with every plant, not just the KA5, even a year old mom had this problem and sh was well established. The KA5 was actually one of the strongest plants in my case in the way it dealt with that motherfucking lamp.

I hope you can solve the issue. Take lots of pics, side by side pics etc and send them to the manufcturer.

Looking good THC, I ended up swapping out the lamp and things have been rocking and rolling now. She’s looking great now.

Yours are too btw! Much different pheno I think mine didn’t stretch much at all

Latest posts

Latest posts