What's new

New Mexico Medical marajuana is BUNK

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, compared to other states, NM is really thorough (or should I say tough!)....you have to have 2 Dr evals (as mentioned above), medical records, any imaging films/reports. THEN, to complicate the process, Guv'nah Martinez will not appoint anyone to take 2 vacancies from Dept. Of Health weekly reviews of Dr. records....so getting your patient and grow license is a few months. All due to a back log of renewal licenses and new ones.

Dr. Rosenberg is great, however....ABQ integrative Medicine. Went to see him for renewal licenses before I moved to Colo.

Instead of waiting for months for photoperiods, try autoflower strains!!! They grow seed to harvest 60-75 days on average. You can have a successive planting regimen going on.....having 3 harvests (or more) when you are waiting for photoperiods to mature/harvest in Sept/Oct.

Most likely around Univ of NM, you'll find those selling. Better to get your Personal Production License...then you can control what's in it. Did that in the old days....(having gone to colleges in other NM cities)...hung out around UNM....to find a connection....but that was back in the late '70's-early 80's. Or start going to coffee shops and ask the 20-30-somethings. They can probably guide you.

supermanlives

Veteran
if it got seeds it better almost be free.. lots of places have low end shit cause all people aint got mucho dinero....was your purchase top shelf?

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
with the folks who are out there now it should get better very soon...........my wife is from las cruses

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will be moving back to Cruces in the next few months...my intention is to stay retired. But I have some people trying to convince me to start working again. I hope when I get there, I find the herbs to be excellent, not that I have intentions of smoking commercial herb, just so my OCD doesn't kick in and force me to start working 60-80 hrs a week growing again!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will be moving back to Cruces in the next few months...my intention is to stay retired. But I have some people trying to convince me to start working again. I hope when I get there, I find the herbs to be excellent, not that I have intentions of smoking commercial herb, just so my OCD doesn't kick in and force me to start working 60-80 hrs a week growing again!

lol,bring genetics,for the most part no one has anything interesting...and mostly what you will see here will be bone dry crumble to dust weed...most of what's for sale around here is coming in from cali or colo so crappy mids...

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
holy crap sub in cruces......my wife and her family are from there and im sure some time in the near future ill be making my way out there............

HerbChambers

Can anyone recommend a decent dispensary in Albuquerque? My dad has a card and I would like to take him somewhere that high quality cannabis flower and extracts.

rolandomota

Veteran
I bet lots of people in Cruces are smoking the brick I live close I also bet lots if them think the top shelf is garbage and they are comparing it to Mex brick point is the Mex is not trash ....most of the time

Amynamous

Can anyone recommend a decent dispensary in Albuquerque? My dad has a card and I would like to take him somewhere that high quality cannabis flower and extracts.

I think Verdes does a pretty good job.
Seems all of the dispensaries currently are running short on flowers and have limited selections, but Verdes usually has a decent durban poison and Acapulco Gold. They also have some quality cbd strains.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nirvana in the Valley, Pure Life has some decent gear. Verdes, yes.

Posted: Jul 28, 2020 / 05:47 PM MDT / Updated: Jul 29, 2020 / 04:21 PM MDT

"NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The medical cannabis industry is booming in New Mexico. The industry says the effects of COVID have dramatically increased demand and they’re trying to keep up.

“What we learned was it wasn’t just a New Mexico thing, in fact, the number of transactions have doubled in New Mexico, prices have gone up and the supply is pretty much in a very dire situation, very short,” said Duke Rodriguez, President, and CEO of Ultra Health.

Ultra Health recently commissioned an analysis to determine what was causing the increased demand. It showed from the final quarter of 2019 to the first quarter of 2020 the number of retail transactions nearly doubled.

The analysis also found that medical cannabis patients are at an elevated risk and want more medicine during the pandemic. They say contributing factors are increased loneliness, depression, anxiety, fear, and concern about the future.

Grass Roots RX, a dispensary along San Mateo says they’ve seen a significant increase in purchases. At Zia Health and Wellness, they say they’ve seen an uptick in medical card renewals, especially in people who hadn’t renewed their cards in a few years. With the demand up, Rodriguez says they need to be able to grow more plants.

“We’re up 250 percent, almost three times what we were the same time last year. This is not just going to be a short term problem, this is going to stay with us so the goal has to be two things, that the state increase the number of plants, allow more plants to be produced so we can bring down the cost, make more available medicine and reduce the level of fear. And number 2, we gotta allow patients to buy what they need,” Rodriguez said.

He went on to say according to the CDC and New Mexico state statute, medical cannabis growers should have a three month supply and right now he says they only have 12 days worth.

The Department of Health says they are always reviewing the data. A spokesperson for the department said they anticipate a 25% increase in plant availability through the re- licensing process occurring right now."

Black Market alive and well! ;o)

Happy Times

I’ve gotten some ok flower from R Greenleaf and the strain selection (variety) looks the best I’ve seen in albuquerque

Cataract Kush some pretty strong nighttime stuff

Also Tahoe OG (not sure how legit their cut is but a preroll tasted decent), Sour Corey

Purlife- went there once, not much flower selection, got some Platinum OGKB and Banana Kush. No smell to the Banana but stoney. The POGKB smelled stronger, didn’t really stand out to me, was just ok

Amynamous

How does one get a license to grow MM in New Mexico?

Are you wanting a PPL or a state issued mmj production license?
The PPL is easy, just download the form and send it in with a check for $30.
As for the state issued mmj license, you'll have to wait for the state to open up license requests. Governor Grisham promised to accept more license applications within her first 100 days in office, but she never did. With the current shortage situation, it may be re-opened. Iirc, the license application costs $10,000, and if accepted, be ready with 50-000 to $100,000 for state fees, etc. plus production costs.

mack 10

Veteran
Pretty cheap then. Not.
Just 100k plus ...
What does the Personal Production get you? ( How many plants?)

At least you have a program.
Sucks how they are going about it,
Though.

Amynamous

Pretty cheap then. Not.
Just 100k plus ...
What does the Personal Production get you? ( How many plants?)

At least you have a program.
Sucks how they are going about it,
Though.

I think the PPL program is pretty good.
Allows for 12 immature (non flowering) plants and 4 mature(flowering) plants.
Application is only $30, and they waive the fee for lower income folks.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'd venture to say 70% fees are waived....maybe more.

Latest posts

Latest posts