What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

More Big Money plans to invade the Emerald Triangle

H

humboldtlocal

http://kymk.wordpress.com/2010/05/28/420-friendly-tourism-coming-to-emerald-triangle/

… the counties in the Emerald Triangle of Northern California are greatly concerned regarding the impact on their major cash crop. Emergency meetings have been held in this region to discuss their economic future. The consensus of opinion is to create ’420′ friendly resorts similar to the vineyards and wineries in Sonoma and Napa counties. Michael Lawrence, the founder National Canna Corp, a visionary that realized this trend more than 1 year ago began developing a ’420′ golf course, and lake front resorts…[Marijuana, Inc] intends to be the dominant developer, spearheading a variety of 420 resorts in Humboldt, Mendocino, Lake, Sonoma and Trinity counties. These 420 resorts will include cannabis gardens with hundreds of different strains, accommodations, restaurants, tours of the local areas, including legal cultivation models and 420 educational programs, with other traditional tourist attractions and events.”
Great! More big money coming to our hometowns to capitalize on our hard earned reputations. Why should the locals have a chance to develop their own legal economy? Lets bring in Oaksterdam and Harborside next to be the only ones allowed to legally cultivate. The locals don't want to stay in the Marijuana industry right. That's why we voted in the Tax Cannabis Act. We wanted it to be legal so we could buy it from large corporations and stay at their 420 golf course resorts.

wow! golf resorts, damn, looks like a lot of bullshite to me, sorry nor-cal, wish you the best in your fight against big business' taking the fun out of everything... btw, how come harborside or oaksterdam never get raided? all these other little guys get raided, but i never hear of the BIGGEST dispensaries getting busted or anything....

what gives?

H

humboldtlocal

If you buy the right person a car it is amazing what you can get away with.

OzzBozz

big buisness stay out! Everyone understands that times our tough, but it's never been tougher for farmers here in n. Cal.... especially indoor growers.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
weak. I'm formally inviting all of you pro emerald triangle growers to move out to michigan. pleanty of farmland for you around here.

superbolan

This had to be expected but there may be niches created in specialty strains that the big farms wont handle. Just like there are in fruits and vegetables. There will always be an opportunity you will just have to be creative

superbolan

Another thing to consider is it will never be fully legal till big business can make big money on it, Thats all the suits care about

you have to figure that once it is legal, the equivalent of anheiser bush and coors will jump in the game. My goal is to try and be the best local micro brew...

I don't understand, such resorts or pro-cannabis businesses exist already or will soon? Or only once it is legalized? Either way big business should stay out of cannabis

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This hardly a Humboldt out of the blue, I know cash is scarce but if you don't want outsiders owning Humboldt you all need to get together, form co-ops or the like, anything to raise funds, and fast!.
The area is simply too well known, you can understand the money men wanting to attach their product to the place, even Eskimos have 7 words for Humboldt :)

BigBudBill

Cry me a river. Most people who are up there are just into it for the money and will be turning to hard core drugs to make money when cannabis is legal and taxed or they will move to a non legal state.

Why not start your own plans for industry? Why sit back and cry about someone else doing what you wish you could do? Just do it. Get up, get out and do something.

You are telling me if you had the money and the idea, you would just pass it up because you are "big business"? Get real.

Why not realize this is the next California bubble and use your knowledge and expertise to join in and make some money too(before the bubble pops)? Or do you really have the thought that nobody will be able to compete? Yeah because the ONLY burger places that are good or even in business are chains...right???

Get real.

BigBudBill

Smart Humboldt growers

Smart Humboldt growers

From Humboldt Living:

In order to compete in the post-legalization world of corporate entities and government taxation many have suggested (including Humboldt Living) an official Humboldt marijuana brand name. The following is the basics for creating a 1000 growers cooperative based in Humboldt County.

The high-grade marijuana will be produced in the outdoor terroir of Humboldt County under strict organic guidelines and will be called Humboldt Gold. It will be 2% of the overall statewide demand and target the high-end niche market (essentially the same price that is currently paid). Humboldt Gold will be sold in recycleable glass jars in 1/4 ounce, 1/2 ounce and full ounce containers. The price per pound for dispenaries will be $3300. This accounts for the $800 legalization tax, $500 of charitable donations and $400 in official Humboldt Gold Cooperative testing, certification, packaging, marketing and sales. It also includes a $200 per pound minimum wage for all trimmers. This leaves the landowner / grower with a net profit of $1500 per pound with a strict maximum of 42 pounds per year. Each grower can therefore net $63,000 per year.

All marijuana produced under the Humboldt Gold seal of approval will require the following:

* Marijuana must be produced within the Humboldt County borders.
* At least a 20% THC content verified by the HG testing labs on a per pound basis.
* 100% organic growing techniques and fertilizers certified by HG inspectors on a weekly basis and by thorough final product testing.
* A mold-free certification for each pound produced.
* A mite-free certification for each pound produced.
* A moisture content in the 12-15% range for all packaged marijuana.
* Strict adherence to the HG officially sanctioned drying and curing process.
* A air-tight and moisture-proof glass jar with tamper-proof packaging.
* A printed listing of both the certified strain, strain history, regional designation and a production date.
* A 16.8% charitable donation
* A minimum wage paid to all trimmers.
* A $50 per Ounce Tax to fulfill the California State Law.

The following is the pricing breakdown per pound of marijuana as it will be distributed to the various entities of the marijuana cooperative:

http://www.humboldtliving.com/articles.php?article_id=87

ibuster57

Make California the new Holland. Then you can let the people of California turn on the Cannabis tourist industry just like they have in Holland.
Any of these types of industries will be short lived. As legalization and Medical Cannabis spreads around the country people will have no need to travel outside their own home town to get a buzz. There will be huge investments made and lost. People with jobs in the new industries will be lost. Will the Federal government pay unemployment to workers in a industry illegal under Federal law.
There will always be a market for underground Cannabis as long as the price is right. Chill and let the fools spend and waste their money. I don't think the government will do a Cannabis industry bailout.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
wow, and i thought humboldt was cool...

When Government and Big Business want to get in on it, it's time to jump ship..

maybe get off the grid, grow our own food and ganja, and say FUCK YOU to taxes, police, lobbyists, etc...

only ourselves can free our mind

patches

you thought humboldt was cool?

take a visit, humboldt and cool dont go together in the same sentence, unless your perspective is strictly about beautiful nature.

I guess it could be cool if you like meth and the most annoying pretentious mop heads you can imagine.

the people need to establish mom and pop Bed and Breakfasts now. get involved in zoning meeting and keep large hotels out. get involved and vote is the key. go to meeting talk to your friends.

we as a community need to come out of the basement and tell our friends and family we smoke and we vote. become a verifiable voting block.

BigBudBill

BF,

Thats wtf Im talkin bout! I got my own biz ideas getting ready to be put in place and can't wait to take the plant and culture that I love into the mainstream.

Latest posts

Latest posts