What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blindfolding people.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Is it going to far to blindfold people that you have do work at your grow? I have had never blindfolded trusted electricians and trimmers because i know them and there mothers all very well. But i just recently met up with an hvac tech who i never met before. He grows, but doesnt smoke cuz he gets tested. He gave cuts to my buddy, so i know he aint LEO. He was refferred to me and has done work for 2 other sources that i know of. No complaints. Is it too much to ask to blindfold him when i take him to do work for me? He has to come once to see what parts he needs, and then another day to install them. Plus, what if he wants to drive his work van or his truck with all his tools and supplies in it? I cant blindfold him while hes driving obviously!!! He seems like good dude tho. He answers his phone by stating his full name every time, and even gave me his card from where he works. What would you do?

I wouldn't do it, there is plenty of hard-up people out there.
Just like the craigslist killer mentality, target the kind of people least likely to report a crime.

People get killed over less.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
It is a tuff call. I know he aint LEO, but i dont know for sure if he is the kinda dude that would try to rob the place. I just met the dude. Rumor has it, that he has done work for some local warehouse ops, so thats kind of reassuring. But he hasnt metioned it yet, and probably wouldnt if it was true. I think im gonna be alright.

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
this is ammusing cause it happened to me a few months ago.... didn't get blindfolded but was politely asked to cover my eyes for the last few minutes pulling up to a friends grow loco. The g/f was with me and it sort of freaked her out.... but I understand why my friend did it and so does the g/f.

Either way I thought it was sort of amusing, as anyone with a decent piece of technology (cell phone), could have easily gotten the exact GPS cordinates of the house by simply using my cell phone.

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Blindfold him, have him do the work, then kill him. And kill your electricians and your trimmers and their mothers too.

I don't really advocate homicide, but you can't have any loose ends, in my opinion and experience.

It is a tuff call. I know he aint LEO, but i dont know for sure if he is the kinda dude that would try to rob the place. I just met the dude. Rumor has it, that he has done work for some local warehouse ops, so thats kind of reassuring. But he hasnt metioned it yet, and probably wouldnt if it was true. I think im gonna be alright.

If you can't meet the "other growers" then take it as rumor and stay away.
It really is a tough call, there has just been a lot of people screwed in history "taking someones word".
Trust your gut and be strong with your decision.

Blindfold him, have him do the work, then kill him. And kill your electricians and your trimmers and their mothers too.

I don't really advocate homicide, but you can't have any loose ends, in my opinion and experience.

Loose lips sink ships.

Its not only the risk of stolen flowers, Imagine your "guy" gets himself into a pinch. A lot of peeps will sell you out to save their skin. Cops these days have a real hard on for Crop Bust.
Once the man has you on a payment plan your good as broke.

One Love

i would think the question would be, if leo puts pressure on him, would he squeal your name to keep himself and his business out of hot water. given the general ability for a person to stay quiet in the presence of piggy pressure, i would say he would squeal fairly easily. Its a tough call, but damn, electricians really make things safer and can set it all up properly. Good luck with your decision.

:rasta:

JohnnyToke

I wouldnt use him if it were me. but thats me. Im taking no chances with strangers whom I dont know. Just asking for trouble. Blackmail is the first one that comes to mind.....robbery......tells a friend whom gets busted and rolls on any info he can think of he has heard about. etc. informants...the list goes on. when doing the pros vs. cons list, there is 1 under the pros (your work is done) and a long list under the cons. its gambling with the worst odds.

regards,
JT

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I got an idea. I will have him meet me at a wally world or somethin close by and pick him and give him some blacked out sunglasses, then take him to do the estimate. Then when hes ready to do the job, ill meet him at the same place, and load all his tools and shit in my truck, and do the same procedure. That way, he is close to his truck if he needs anything out of it, or if he gets done workin before i do and needs to leave. Sound fair...?

pack a bowl

I got an idea. I will have him meet me at a wally world or somethin close by and pick him and give him some blacked out sunglasses, then take him to do the estimate. Then when hes ready to do the job, ill meet him at the same place, and load all his tools and shit in my truck, and do the same procedure. That way, he is close to his truck if he needs anything out of it, or if he gets done workin before i do and needs to leave. Sound fair...?

lolx2

greenhead

Veteran
Blindfolding is for pussies. Gouge their eyes out with icepicks! that ought to do the trick and that is far more effective and not to mention permanent. Think of all the money that you'd save on cloth or towels that would be used for blindfolding in the future. You have to think economically, especially in these troubled times.

The last time the cable guy came 'round to my place, he seemed a little suspicious and I was worried about my tiny cabinet grow, so I waterboarded him before he left to make sure that he wasn't a DEA agent.

Whenever females come within a 5 foot vicinity of my grow cabinet, I make them strip and I thoroughly check out every crack on their body to make sure that no buds have been hidden in any bodily compartments. And if I do find any moist buds, then I just stick it in the microwave for 15 seconds and smoke 'em. They can be quite tasty and extra nutritious.
:joint::wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts