What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Darnold started off pretty well last year, after the first 3 weeks he was actually leading the league in rushing TDs, his athleticism is an underrated part of his game. He didn’t start sucking until mccaffrey went down with an injury, so maybe if CMC can stay healthy all year he’ll be pretty decent, if baker doesn’t take his job first.
Darnold is getting paid like 18M this year (5th yr option picked up by Carolina before he started sucking last year) so I imagine he’ll get first crack at the starter’s job, plus he’s been there a year so knows the offense better. Baker will get plenty of opportunity though to run with the 1’s during camp and if his talent shows out and darnold struggles im sure they wont hesitate to pull darnold from a game and see what baker can do.

The Saudi arabians are using some of their oil money to fund a rival golf tour opposite the PGA, and have been attracting a lot of PGA stars with huge prize purses, like you could finish 10th in a Saudi event and get the same money as finishing first in a PGA event. Im not sure what the purpose is, not sure if their rival tour will actually make money for them or if it’s just a vanity project.

That’s cool that you got some fried clams again. For $25 do you get a lot? Does it come with sides? I found a pic online of some of their food, looks great.
That’s cool that youre going to a sox game for your b-day, sounds like a good time. Cubs are rebuilding this year and the white sox are around .500, probably wont make the playoffs after winning their division last year. AL East looks like a monster division, all 3 AL wild card teams might come from there.
roast-beef-clams.jpg

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I just get the small order of fried clams...$25...they fill a paper bag with the suckers. Got a small fry too. Tartar sauce, coleslaw. Mom got the famous roast beef sandwich...warm with the juice stuff. Best roast beef sandwich ive ever tasted.
Kelly's in Medford is where we went yesterday. The main one is on Revere Beach.
Going to see "Nope" later.
Wonder what will happen to Can Newton now that Baker Mayfield is there. Browns will suck this year.
Looking forward to college football...Fall time and great stadiums. Cheerleaders. Trying to find a Heineken 0.0

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh man! that looks great
fried clams and onion ring ftw!11!
it looks like a bed of fires with clams and rings on top too
its going to be interesting to see how this sh!t show unfolds in car
cats have one of the best all purpose backs in the league in run cmc and a pack qb room
but who will rise to the top
/could the panthers be a dark horse team
dident brady recently call it quits? that open up the south and i think 10 wins would be enough to win that div
the hot taek is how will this effect jimmy-g in sf? is he playing for sf or will they try and trade him before the new season
/who is still looking for a starting qb baba?
fwiw i like baker and think he can run circles around darnold
/or maybe im seeing ghosts
but you are right, darnold knows the system and has the inside track
the saudis are just all about throwing money around and think they can buy their way into legit society
the whole golf gambit is just a money grab on both sides, a total vanity project
/like they are going to become the go to golf game and usurp the pga
unlike other game i think lpga is legit*, not like the wnba
* womens tennis is close second
/f-you b.griner; wnba is not a viable sport and certainly not an international incident type thing
f with the bull you get the horns
heading out to vons to get some of their $5 friday deals
they have 8pc fried chicken for $5 plus the potatoe wedges in the deli sectionits like a kfc meal for less than $20

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I wouldn’t mind seeing a Kelly’s roast beef in the Chicago area, seems like their food is top notch and while not cheap it’s worth it.

Cam Newton is a free agent now, the panthers only signed him for last season and have 3 QB’s on the roster with baker, darnold and a rookie they drafted in the 3rd round, matt corral. So no room for him.
Brady unretired a few weeks after retiring so he’s playing this season, Pop. Probably this will actually be his last last season but he came in 2nd in MVP voting, led the league in pass yds and TD’s so who knows, his performance certainly isn’t dropping as he ages.

Which college football teams do you follow, DB? Boston college eagles are sometimes decent.

I guess ur right, whether the browns do well this season mostly depends on how long Watson is suspended. But their defense isn’t bad and they lost Jarvis landry but still have amari cooper, they have 2 great RB in hunt and chubb, if Watson plays the whole season I could see them easily winning 10+ games but if he misses 8 or more games then probably not.

Garappolo is due 25M for this season unless he’s waived by the niners, any team that trades for him would have to pay him 25M or ask him to take a big pay cut, more than the 3M baker gave up to go to Carolina. I guess the best chance for him to get traded would be if some team suffers an injury to their starting QB during training camp and needs a decent starter like jimmy G.

Women’s golf and tennis are certainly more popular in regards to viewership than WNBA, even the biggest stars ‘only’ make 200K for a season and have to play overseas during the offseason to make a million a year.
Griner is in a tough position, she’s literally been in a Russian jail for the past 4 months over less than a gram of vape THC. That’s pretty bogus. And I think she’s played in Russia during her offseasons for a while now so probably was bringing in vape cartridges before but just this time they made sure to get her for it. I think Russia wants to trade her for an arms dealer doing prison in the US, Viktor Bout. Yeah, her having a gram of vape oil is an equal crime to someone called “the Merchant of Death”, lol.

Cant believe you can get an 8piece of chicken for $5 still, chicken prices have gone up a lot since there was a lot of avian flu going around the US earlier, producers had to kill hundreds of millions of chickens to stop the spread. Egg and chicken prices were quite high for a while.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hey @Bababooey just coming back from the dispensary. Buy one get one off deal so got like 8 grams of kief and 8 grams of bubble hash. Paid $400.
I like the SEC for sure...Alabama, Clemson, Georgia. I also sort of like PAC 10 with USC. Always ready for a Notre Dame game on a Saturday on NBC.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, it's always fun seeing the powerhouse teams play each other, and a lot of nfl players usually come from those teams so there's that connection to pro football as well.
400 for 16g of hash (kief and bubble) is 25g, not bad at all if it's good stuff. Which do you prefer? I know kief is powdery and bubble is more solid...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
its called 5$ fridays at the vons near me
they sell a bunch of good stuff for like 5$, but i like the fried chicken and sometimes got the subs
so pull your hat down and hold on boys! this one is good
i went and got some pasta the other day and went back on friday for the chicken; i looked at the back of the receipts and there was this deal for get two slices and a drink free at this local pizza place
we went on sat and they gave both of us us two free slices of any pizza and drink!
i ended up getting a few extra slices but it was still two free slices and drink (no purchase needed)
this is sweet and im going back tomorrow to buy a bag of potatoes,(who cant use potatoes) and asking the cashier if the could give me ectra receipt
next time i will try and document this folly, yeah thats how we roll here in $$$an die$$$$o
when i think of womens sport, i think how many of them compete at a ultra level
i think a woman has qualified for a pga event and if you met a girl golfer she could outdrive the heaviest hitter in your group, same with womans tennis.
if she has played in russia she should be familular with their customs and laws
i dont thyink russians think dope is cool,a lot of the world still looks at weed like its a hard drug and you are f'd is you get caught
but whatever a little gun running is no big deal
how much hardware did we leave in afg? some of those mooj look pretty kitted out now
/maybe they will kidnap b.grinner next
those are sweet deals doob
but now flower? you gettin fancy like that on us

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hey @Bababooey and @pop_rocks just hanging out before doctor appointment.
I don't smoke flower anymore...doesn't get me high enough. It's been like 6 months. Did a bong hit last week and was like okay now what where's the hash?
I have a crappy metal pipe that you can take apart. I throw a fresh screen in and that's how I smoke my bubblehash and kief. I use a little coke spoon that came with my vaporizer to dish it into the bowl. I smoke 1 hit of bubblehash then a hit of kief.
I'm an alcoholic and haven't drank for 12 years but had a non-alcoholic beer yesterday at dinner. Clausthaler. It was SO good. Suds! Beer! Tasted like a regular beer. Just no buzz. I like it. German beer purity laws - only water, barley, hops. So good. No urge to drink a regular beer.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The cheapest chicken at the local grocery chain is 6.99 for an 8 piece (grilled or fried) on Mondays (only $1 off regular price of 7.99) and $10 for a 2.5lb bucket of wings on Fridays. Sams club still has $5 rotisserie chickens but Costco doesn’t seem to have any lately.
That’s a sweet deal for free slices and soda, that’s good that you bought a few extra slices as well. Was the pizza any good? Maybe you can give them a nice review on yelp or google, seems like they want to draw more customers and need the exposure.

Yeah, comparing male to female athletes usually happens at similar skill levels, a women pro athlete is going to be way better than some male low level amateur. But when it’s a high level amateur it’s closer. The US women’s soccer team scrimmages against the 15 and under US boy’s soccer team and usually lose. There was a celebrity golf tournament that tony romo won this past weekend, Annika sorenstam came in 4th place, the other top finishers were baseball players. She was the top female golfer in the world and retired years ago but now is getting beaten by scratch golfers.

I think simple weed possession in Russia is a misdemeanor, like a fine and/or short jail sentence, but maybe because she was carrying hash oil/vape oil they considered it a harder drug. I remember when CBD was becoming a thing to treat medical conditions years ago, there was a TV special on it (20/20 or some show) and some guy extracted or purified cannabis to make CBD and he said he just committed a felony by doing so. Seems bogus that she would plead to a 10 yr sentence for 2 vape cartridges but I guess that will allow her to be traded for the Russian arms dealer.

Ur right Pop, the US is probably the world’s #1 arms dealer and they’ve given so many weapons to ‘allies’ that years later turn around and become enemies, it would be funny if it weren’t so predictable. And im sure the US has sponsored their own shady arms dealers to help influence global politics in places like the middle east (Syria, Libya, etc), Africa, central and south America, asia etc. I just think it’s funny that some guy who sold millions of AK’s to rebels and terrorists (and legitimate customers too obviously) around the world is an equal criminal to a lady who had a gram of THC oil. One of these things is not like the other…

Man, bong hits don’t get you high DB? That’s hard core, even when I was dabbing a lot, regular flower would still get me high, especially in bong hits. Is it your medical conditions that make you have such high tolerance? I think people with chronic pain don’t get high off opiates, it just gives them relief, doesn’t actually make them high.

Had some popeyes recently, a spicy chicken sandwich and side of red beans and rice. They had some kind of happy hour deal till 9pm where you can get up to 3 regular sides for $1 each.
popeyes 1.jpg
popeyes 2.jpg

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
That chicken sandwich looks darn good. Never been to Popeyes. Don't they have shrimp too? Yum.
Well I get high I guess just nowhere near what I feel when I smoke the kief or hash.
Monday night football in couple months. Not sure how long we have to go

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
football is just around the corner, i was moping around this weekend until the mrs pointed out that it starts one month from now!
wtf doobah'? you have never had a fish taco and you have never had popeye chicken?
yah fawh'kin new en'glandahs, what are yah doing up there? eating fried clams and lawhb'stah all day
/man now i wishes i had fried clams and lawbstah
baba we need to scoop this guy up and take him out for some eats
popeyes is good eating chicken and i like their sides, get fries and mashed potatoes and use the potatoes as a dip next time you are there! i like your move on the cajun beans/rice too
/chefs kiss
ive never had their chicken sandwich and need to get myself in there to try it out, it looks good (plus i bet it has that spicy popeyes taste)
plus they do have shrimp like you said doob (they are pretty good too)
the pizza is super decent, kind of thin crust but they had some good combinations
we got white pizza, the pesto pizza and i got a slice each of meat lovers and the works
the place id mostly a beer place and seem to be expanding so i think they are doing ok but who does not like more business
we are prob going back on wed so i will be sure to get you goons some pics to drool over
/ever tried a pizza doob?
so the best female soccer players in the us lose to a boys 15 and under team
says a lot about the disparity in product between the two leagues (m/w), but hey they all deserve the same pay and equal attention right?!?
im looking at the nfl and hoping to come up with some taeks here soon
i think the rams will be a playoff team
nfc.w is a good div but they are in the drivers seat right now
we will see how k.mightmouse plays in az 9is he going to ask for more $$$) and im not sleeping on sf
tompa bay has brady
i think the afc is the palce to be right now
you have at tleast 5 elite teams (kc,la'cocs, buff, cin and ten) with a bunch of teams ready to make that jump to the enxt level
i cant wait for football to start

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The Popeye’s chicken sandwich came out a couple of years ago and it started the whole chicken sandwich craze, it was thick and juicy and a great deal for $4, a lot of people liked it better than Chik fil a. Seemed like every other fast food joint or even fast casual places started coming out with their own premium chicken sandwiches but they could never quite match Popeyes.
The last 2 times I got it though weren’t that great, think the oil was old cause it didn’t taste as good as I remember, plus it’s 4.50 now, still a good deal if it was like before but they need to change that oil or filter it more.

Yeah DB, hash hits are more intense. Have you ever tried the hash oil/dabbing? I was into that for a while myself, my head would be swimming for a bit after a good oil hit from a bong.
I forgot to mention this earlier but kudos on being alcohol free for 12 years. Youre showing it can be done. I need to lay off the sauce myself, bought like 3 handles a couple weeks ago, got nicely toasted every day for a while but man that stuff just wrecks me healthwise – bad sleep, too many calories, messes up the stomach. If I didn’t like the high so much I’d never go back haha.

Im surprised too Pop that DB has never been to popeyes, not even once in his life? Theyre almost as ubiquitous as KFC’s. But maybe he doesn’t like fried chicken.
Ive heard of people dipping their fries in a milkshake but fries in mashed potatoes sounds better, haha. Potato on potato and then you have the gravy. I do prefer ketchup on my fries though, the sweet tomato taste vs the salty potato taste goes together imo. Their chicken sandwich comes in spicy and mild versions, like most places, the spicy isn’t too spicy though.

Im guessing the U15 boys team are mostly 14-15 yr old’s and already bigger and stronger than most of the US adult women’s team, puberty probably hit them different and theyre the size of grown men. I remember back in 6th grade this one dude was like 12yrs old and already 6 ft tall and with a big frame, he could have walked into a marine corp recruiting office and no one would have batted an eye until they saw his birth certificate.

There’s been a lot of free agent moves this offseason so yeah, it’ll be exciting to see how it all shakes out, Pop. In training camp and preseason we’ll get some early looks. You think Baker will easily beat out Darnold for the starting job?
Some fantasy football experts say that Trevor Lawrence could be a good value at QB. They overpaid for Christian Kirk, the AZ receiver, also got zay jones (WR for the bills and raiders) and evan engram (giants TE), all of them fast for their position. Added the best free agent Offensive Guard, Brandon Scherff. The line will be better, receivers better, no drama with the head coach, maybe he could put up top 10 numbers and be undrafted in most fantasy leagues.

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I like fried chicken...just isn't a Popeyes nearby. No Long John Silvers either. That's some good stuff if you haven't tried it. There's a KFC here but only went once like 3 years ago. Lots of pizza/sub shops here and burger joints and McDonald's and BK. We go to McDonald's every Thursday...I get 2 double cheeseburgers no onions with medium 🍟 fries.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh man i remember long john silvers! i havent seen one of this in ages
i just did a quick google search and it turns out we have one (1) here in san diego
its a combination kfc/ljs located in the ghetto so i wont be going anytime soon
i like mcdonalds food and used to go all the time but now their deals seem to be drying up
2:$6 big macs are still ok and i like to get mcdoubles (2:$3.50) for the ride home

yoww!! that is s spicy hot taek baba
t.law and jax should have a better season this year, its hard to get worse than a three win season
but i dont see them being a playoff team
/not even close; i like indy and tenn
the thing about the afc is we should have a good tight bunching of good teams this season
the tallent is evenly spread and if its anything like last year there should be a lot of 10+ win teams competing for the playoffs
you are right that a teen boy can be the size of a grown woman, but soccer isnt a force sport
size is only a small part of the equation, whith speed, endurance and ball handling being the most important factors i think
i used to surf with a guy who played league soccer overseas and even coached at the jc level here in the states
he wasnt the biggest guy, maybe like 5'8-5'9 but had motor and could move a scooer ball around with his feet like you would not believe
i know womens soccer is a growing sport (title IX ) but isnt the same as the mens game
even mens soccer is a second tier sport in most places
so we are totally getting the pizza tomorrow and i will get some pics wile we are there
the mrs even said they have this deal where you buy a t-shirt and get a free slice
that plus the coupons = great deal
i cant wait

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It's been ages since I had LJS, but I do remember them being pretty good eats. The fried fish and chicken filets were spot on, and the hushpuppies were awesome. And then the little crispy bits from the fryer, you’d get some of those in your food and they were like little greasy bits of flavor. Makes me want to go to one now but most locations closed around me, there are still 2 that I could get to without too much trouble, may have to make a point to stop by one day.

I didn’t think Lawrence having a top 10 QB season would mean double digit wins, but if the jags defense is at least average I could see that being possible, especially if they have good turnover luck.
Ur right, I doubt jags are a playoff team this year, theyre looking at a 2 year rebuild imo to get there, assuming they ever do. But in the context of fantasy football, it’s all about value based drafting – Mahomes’ MVP year, he went in the 5th rd or later of fantasy drafts because he’d only played one game the previous year, when he was a rookie behind alex smith. After that season, he usually goes in the 1st or 2nd rd even though he’s never been quite as good since.
Lawrence will either go undrafted or be a really late round pick (10th at the earliest) of most drafts, and if he puts up numbers like kirk cousins (30+ td’s a year) that’s great value.

Ur right, Messi is like 5’9” and he’s one of the greatest ever. But at 5’9 he’s one of the shorter players in men’s soccer but would probably be on the taller side in women’s soccer. And the smaller guys on the US teen boys squad are probably faster than the fastest on the women’s team.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
what up baba! we are heading into the weekend and the heat is on
we are having some tropical moisture so its kind of humid with t'storms in the mountains/ desert, but nothing like the heat and weather they are seeing on the east coast
we got the pizza last night and pics are coming up shortly my man
i like indy in the afc south, i dont nkow if the would qualify as da rk horse team, but im a big fan of matty ice and like their run game and D'
/add in pittman jr and you have a offence that can put up points plus a defense that will hammer
based on last years performance i also like crashville' tennesee, they have even more D and a work horse rb
you are right about t.law being a sleeper pick in fantasy if he goes that late, what would you draft in the 10th round?
the more i scout out th afc the better la'cocs look
can i still cll them la cocks? they are now krunks roommates in rams stadium but not on the lease so to speak
what will it take for them to build their own stadium in la...
/i still like mahommie but see the chargers of la as the best in the west
#f-spanos
ill get those pics up soon here once i connect my pihone to the computer
the pizza was grinding and i thought the shirt the mrs got was kind of cool

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Is it el nino that causes a lot of rain in your area? Is that a thing every year? So I guess with the storms you wont be doing any camping/hiking this weekend?

Matty ice would be a good sleeper pick too, he hasn’t had a good season the last 2 years but on a more talented team, good O-line and run game (jonathan taylor was the best RB in the league last year), Pittman is more or less a stud like you said (I had him on my fantasy team, he had some great games but also some very average games). I guess it depends really if you think matt ryan is a better QB than carson wentz. Wentz had 3600yds, 27 tds and 7 ints last year and finished as the #14 QB in fantasy points last year; that’s a season total so his per game avg was less than lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson, who finished with less total pts than wentz because they missed games. Ryan finished as the #20 QB in total scoring on a falcons team that was pretty much ass. Is he going to have a 4k yds, 30 td season with the colts?
Last year the avg draft position (ADP) of joe burrow was in the 10th rd, along with guys like gronk and brandin cooks and sony michel. Burrow outperformed his adp, he had a 4600yd, 34 td and 14int season, finishing as QB 8 when he was drafted as QB 12.

Good to hear you chime in Hawk. Wendy’s baconator is low-key maybe the best fast food burger, tons of cheese and bacon on 2 big burger patties, simple and effective. Sure, it’s a grease bomb in your stomach afterwards but it tastes great going down.

DB, is that lobster roll going to be more than $25? I shudder to think how much lobster at a ballpark would cost, when they charge $10 for a miller lite 16oz.

Speaking of food, here’s a chicken bake I had a while ago from Costco. Chunks of chicken, cheese, ranch sauce, bacon bits. Not bad for like 3.50, it’s mostly bread though, but it makes for a convenient, hand held meal. Does this count as a sandwich?

chicken bake 1.jpg
chicken bake 2.jpg