What's new

★ Snypette's World ☆ In the life of a female grower

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you guys are sticking it out at the farm get yourself a couple of fat bikes..
Fat%20Bike1.jpg

borealis-fat-bike.jpg

they are tons of fun to ride and a great way to explore,they float up and over all sorts of stuff like snow and sand and mud,pretty easy to ride,and like i said,serious serious fun factor...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
So I was at a bar and a drunk girl there was telling me my hair extensions look great, and asked where i got them. I told her all my hair is mine and she proceeded to tell me I'm full of shit. LOL. So she bets me $50 I'm wearing extensions and sticks her hand out to shake on it and I'm like.. ok! She actually gave me $50 and dipped.

Thanks lady :tiphat:
wtf LOL

and unc! ear hair. hahahahaha

Snypette

Veteran
On top of it being my first outdoor grow, did I forget to mention? I'm medical! That is also a first for me. Feels good. So it will be 24 plants. The area I am working with gets pretty good sun and has given 1/4 to 3/4 pound plants in the past, & that was using the ground as nutrients.

I am planning on using 20 gal smart pots and making dirt. Building a hoop house .. but If any of you veterans who know your shit want to offer me advice or suggest changes along the way that would be awesome. I'm also in a time crunch, feeling a bit behind. oh boy.

:smoweed:

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bigger pots...go for at least 45 gallon...see if theres a nursery nearby that sells soil by the truckload,otherwise roots707 is pretty decent for bagged stuff,and theres all sorts of dried organic nutrient blends that can be top dressed in as needed..

ronbo51

Veteran
Lived in Maine for 25 years and grew every year. Hardest thing will be the finish. Strain selection will be key. A hoop/greenhouse is almost a necessity. Johnny's Selected Seeds in Albion has a pole bending device for less than 50 bucks that will bend electrical conduit into perfect hoops. You could construct a nice hoop run very cheaply. A VERY good source of grow stuff is Fedco Seeds and growers supply near Waterville. They have nutes and stuff for wholesale prices, and are committed to being earth friendly.

By September as the sun gets lower in the sky the usable sunlight diminishes greatly and rapidly. You will have to think ahead a bit to see your shadow lines. Right now no leaves might make you think your site will be in full sunshine but with the sun lower in the sky it might not be by then. Congrats and good luck.

Snypette

Veteran
Lived in Maine for 25 years and grew every year. Hardest thing will be the finish. Strain selection will be key. A hoop/greenhouse is almost a necessity. Johnny's Selected Seeds in Albion has a pole bending device for less than 50 bucks that will bend electrical conduit into perfect hoops. You could construct a nice hoop run very cheaply. A VERY good source of grow stuff is Fedco Seeds and growers supply near Waterville. They have nutes and stuff for wholesale prices, and are committed to being earth friendly.

By September as the sun gets lower in the sky the usable sunlight diminishes greatly and rapidly. You will have to think ahead a bit to see your shadow lines. Right now no leaves might make you think your site will be in full sunshine but with the sun lower in the sky it might not be by then. Congrats and good luck.

Yeah I don't have the best strains for my conditions but I'm giving it a go anyways. I'll bring them all in my garage and throw up some lights at the end of the season if I have too. But what size/ types of pots have you grown in? I'm thinking 25 gallons now. What do you think about this? 45 gallons imo seems not worth the extra money spent for the less than perfect conditions I have. Thoughts?

ronbo51

Veteran
I've never grown in smart pots. I moved from Maine just as it turned medical so I was indoors and guerilla. IF I was there now I would buy big smarties and figure out how to grow into them, especially if you will be there next year. You will reuse your soil so that cost will offset the higher capacity, but I'm sure 25 gallon pots will give you something to work with. I grew an afghan indica for years and it did excellent. The dutch hybrids will mold unless conditions are perfect. You could also do a blackout and start flowering a month early to insure a good finish if your strains don't match the conditions on the ground. Sounds like fun anyway you do it. Rock on.

We are running all 200 gallon pots above soil with the bottoms cut off and gopher caging put down. we are amending and tilling the native soil. I plan on next year bumping that up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.