What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Outdoor Flo Harvested at last!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well, I don't how I managed to get away with this, but I did. This beauty has been sat in my back garden since June 4th, in full view of two sets of neighbours - and they never saw it. Or if they did, they didn't give a shit :)

Documented here: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=33192

I wanted to see what the flowering time was 'au naturel', but also to test mine and others' perceptions - i.e. if no-one expected it to be there, it wouldn't be! I was a little apprehensive, as I've been running a concurrent grow indoors, but I needn't have - and once it turned purple, I knew I was in the clear!

It was about 30" tall. The yield's not fabulous, but better than indoors for the size of the plant, and more resinous too, even with the recent rain. And the aroma...wow. It's drying now, and I hope to have some smokeable buds by the weekend.

I shot the pics with two cameras -a Canon EOS, and a Nikon compact, which although less 'real' and more gaudy on the colors, has a great macro function, which more than makes up for it. The two cameras' outputs are so wildly different though, that I thought it best to group them by model, to avoid any confusion.

BTW, for the curious, I had to turn the saturation down on most of the Nikon pics...:)

Canon:

Nikon:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I just sampled a tiny bud that had just dried out - tastes superb! Better than indoors, and stronger too. Nice!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
It's amazing -a bit raw, obviously, but the main flavours that come to mind are things like lavender and thyme, with some cedar/spice, but then there's the most amazing 'berries and cream' aftertaste that I've never had from any other weed. It's a bit like an "herb n' fruit ice-cream" if you have a quick sniff. Stupendous...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks! I have to say, even without a cure of any kind, these buds are stronger than the indoor one, weight-for weight - which is a suprise, given how much rain they got. But I guess it's more the nutrient balance and overall environment that's more friendly, all things considered - certainly for this pheno. And it brought a lot more color out too! :)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
It's damn tasty too - lavender, thyme, berries, cream, chocolate, coffee - you name it, it's all in there. And the high...wow.
This is why I'm crossing Flo with everything I have - I'm so impressed with it on so many levels, it just has to be the perfect partner for some new crosses - and I've read so many recommendations of it as a breeding partner that I think it could be fun...:)

ZARN

Howdy Elevator Man,

Excellent grow! Congratulations! Thank you for showing the differences in cameras. I lost my digital camera to an ex-girlfriend and I need to get a new one, so you're thread definitely helps me decide on what to get!

Do you upload your pix strait to IC or do you go thru a website to anonymize thier origin? I remember reading somewhere this was possible, even prefered, any ideas???

!!!NEVER SURRENDER!!
ZARN

geezeressa

I Love Flo...beautiful purple loveliness. My first grow was under a desk with flourescents. I trained her sideways, and still got some beautiful buds! Haven't seen Flo recently though. Congratulations!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Zarn

I never bother with anonymizers/proxies - partly as I can never really understand them, but also as I'm not that worried about it.
I'm not blasé certainly, but it's nowhere near as heavy on growers in the UK as in the US, so I don't really feel the need. I don't keep my pics on the computer, so ICMag is usually the only copy - risky I know, but not as risky as getting my machines siezed.
These Flo ones I've archived to CD, as they're higher-res than normal, and they're also a lot better quality than normal! I've already had requests from friends for some high-quality prints of some of these, and I'm tempted to put one on my own wall. I've got a shit-hot printer (Epson Photo 2100 Super A3), which can do exhibition-quality inkjets, so I might flog a few for Christmas! :)

Latest posts

Latest posts