What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Topsy Turvy Fridge Grow/Clone Box

Thanks Meison, I have read pros & cons of both a sterile res or one with beneficial bacteria.
Not decided yet…
My res temps might go up in the summer and I think I understand that benes will help keep the roots better ???
Anybody else have any experience?

DIY Cool Tube !

DIY Cool Tube !

OK… so I got another problem solved.
Was looking for some glass tube to make a cool tube.
I found lots of glass vases for 15$ at Old Time Pottery that I would have to cut the bottom off, then what if it broke while cutting?
Also, will the glass stand up to the heat?
Then, I saw it !
A large candle/hurricane lamp chimney.
One end is exactly 5", the other is 5 1/4" and the overall length is 12".
$8.99
Stopped by the hardware store and got another 6" tabbed flange.
Put the flange over the large end of the chimney, then bend the tabs in so they capture the end of the chimney and fasten in place with a couple 2" square pieces of foil duct tape.
When it is positioned where you want it, continue with the squares of tape till it is sealed all around.
I simply inserted it into the outgoing duct and held up the other end with a length of wire.

The 2 on the right Amnesia Haze are almost identical and the other 2 AK-47 are kinda goofy !?
The runt has all of a sudden developed some nice roots and is kinda takin off !
I will HAVE to raise the light very soon, I hope little one can catch up…

Meison

looking good fishywater!!! J

ust a tip, the cooltube glass will stop part of your light, so you need to consider that it won't be as effective as if it wasn't in the cooltube. Other than that, cooltube is a nice option to lower heat in that fridge. So the % of light loss won't be so important I believe

looking good fishywater!!! J

ust a tip, the cooltube glass will stop part of your light, so you need to consider that it won't be as effective as if it wasn't in the cooltube. Other than that, cooltube is a nice option to lower heat in that fridge. So the % of light loss won't be so important I believe

Yea, I read where it will diminish the light a little but it is still HELLA bright in there.
Had the light all warmed up and running for about 15 mins and I could put my hand right on the tube.
The air is really whipping into the tube right around the base of the bulb.

HAD to move the lights up one notch.
4 leaf sets are fully out on the 2 tall ones and the 5th leaf set is almost ready to top/FIM.

Question:
Should I top 1 and FIM the other or what ?

atk7

By the way I used th same hurricane globes for my coo tu es and they work great! I find light loss negligible unless they are starting to get dusty but that is easy to spot. And the heat dissipation is way more important in small spaces

By the way I used th same hurricane globes for my coo tu es and they work great! I find light loss negligible unless they are starting to get dusty but that is easy to spot. And the heat dissipation is way more important in small spaces

Thanks man !

As I was working up top, I noticed that the bottom is still a little bit flimsy, so I installed 4 heavy angle brackets under each corner of the tray, and put new receptacle cover plates on.

Lastly today, I drilled and notched the res lid for the pump out & drain hoses, and notched out for the pump cord and the air bubbler lines.
Got the pump installed and ready for a test run, maybe tomorrow.

Latest posts

Latest posts