What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone Use "Mighty Wash"?

RetroGrow

Veteran
It's an anti mite wash. 99% water, and less than one % of something else. Gets rave reviews on other sites, but never heard it mentioned here. Anyone know what the mystery ingredient is, or if this stuff works? Supposedly wipes out spider mites with one application, yet it's mostly water. Safe to drink! Can be used all through flowering. Comes in a straight solution, not to be diluted. Will it work against Broad mites or other mites?

F

Fred el Gato

It sure knocks them down alot. Have used it with good results but did not get rid of them all which could have been me not getting every spot. Plus my spot isn't sealed. I reapplied and haven't seen signs now for a few weeks. Worth it to me to have a jug sitting around if need be. Been told the >% is lavendar oil, don't know about broads or other types mine were 2-spot.
Grow on,Fred

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the sales rep explained it to me at the store one day,and it made sense to me,just cant remember what the process is called....they alter the surface tension of the water somehow,and in a way that is like pouring acid on mites while being harmless to the plant..

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Does kill em. Smells just like safer soap which is like 98% water.
In the end I shut down for two weeks. Nothing works as good as bleach.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
the sales rep explained it to me at the store one day,and it made sense to me,just cant remember what the process is called....they alter the surface tension of the water somehow,and in a way that is like pouring acid on mites while being harmless to the plant..

the change the frequency but i think its all a bunch of bullshit... i think its lavender oil honestly.

talktosamson

Veteran
This stuff does knock them down good, but does not totally eliminate. Their whole line of stuff is good, seems I always have to spray a few times a year for mites and PM so I always hose them down with the power wash about a week or so before harvest to knock any extra crap that may have accumulated on the buds and leaves over the 8-10 week process.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
30-ish bucks a gal...it takes me about 36 gals to spray our crop--
That's a li'l steep-- I would do it if it was a for sure knock out in 1 or 2 apps...but will have to investigate much further before trying it--:tiphat:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I'll stick with Azamax/Azatrol, thanks.

Once you know how to take care of spider mites.... you don't have issues with them anymore. In greenhouses and outside gardens it's even more important to use it as a soil drench. Make sure you use it on all surrounding plants as well, especially those that are known to harbor spider mites as well.

Processed some trim from a grower the other day and ended up with mites on my spinach. *sigh* I should have known better. Easy spray there... LOL

Properly used in the veg room, azamax/azatrol will prevent the need of anything during flower but a soil drench at the start. Keeping your veg rooms and surrounding areas (this includes outside if it's that bad) clean through soil drenches and sprays will significantly cut down on your flower room risks.

If the mites make it to your flower room, you've messed up somewhere. Even if you don't have mites/bugs... I still recommend using Azamax or Azatrol in the ways I've posted previously.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

talktosamson

Veteran
I know this is un ethical and I'm going to get booed, but florimite for the win. got a tray of clones infested with mites once, tried everything on the market but nothing would stop them. I sprayed florimite really good one time and no mites for over a year at my house.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the change the frequency but i think its all a bunch of bullshit... i think its lavender oil honestly.
it does sound rather mystical when explained but water has many many odd properties and skewing even one of them makes a radical change in how it reacts ....if you want to get really far out check out steiner's work on bio-dynamics...pretty trippy stuff...but there is a solid scientific basis for why it would work...

dmtcorey

worked wonders for me ,tryed the 1 g for a test ,and then got the 4 g jug after that ,i mean i went to town with stuff and rubbed up under the plants with my hands to ,so worked for me ,they say its good to use right up to harvest !

dmtcorey

iv herd something along the lines of what uncalfishstick has said ,the guy at the shop told me it was some kind of treated water,cant remember what he said exactly

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
my trusted hydro guy said his customers have been raving about them...and hes careful not to over hype a product. he talks to guys who run big shows....

either way, i wouldnt bet all my money on might wash....might work good to weaken them a bit, then move in for the kill with a nice dose of avid or floramite...

i WISH i had spider mites back...seriously, they are easy as hell to control. compared to these new mites (broad, hemp russet) which are a total headache and are making my stress levels double this week...

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
my trusted hydro guy said his customers have been raving about them...and hes careful not to over hype a product. he talks to guys who run big shows....

@ $30 a gal...can't dilute it...my guess is most "Big Guys" are not using it-- It would be over a grand, just to spray ours once-- And I'm just Medium--:tiphat:

talktosamson

Veteran
I know that their PM wash saved our asses a few years ago before we discovered Oxidate, now that's all I will use for PM.

peak1

"Mighty Wash" does NOT work period. It puts mites to sleep for an hour or two. As soon as the mites are dry, they just shake this shit off and go back to work. Don't waste your time or hard earned money on this product. Also, if you read the package, it doesn't say anything about mites, let alone killing them. Pure B.S my friend.

Cannastyle

I have used it with success in the past....

I used it to spot treat some really bad infected plants last year...seemed to knock them down as a last ditch effort...

I wouldn't be using it for a large scale eradication though....